Forum email is coming from a different location

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

SpottedKitty
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Forum email is coming from a different location

#16 Post by SpottedKitty »

amenon wrote:Can confirm that the links go through a tracker, and that that's kinda sorta scammish.
So it's definitely a tracker? Sorry, I won't ever be clicking on one of those. You don't know where it's been. S:P
“Despite rumor, Death isn't cruel — merely terribly, terribly good at his job.”
Terry Pratchett, Sourcery

amenon
Grand Templar

#17 Post by amenon »

SpottedKitty wrote:So it's definitely a tracker? Sorry, I won't ever be clicking on one of those. You don't know where it's been. S:P
It's a tracker by definition. Whether it's moustache-twirlingly evil is an open question :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#18 Post by aj »

amenon wrote:
SpottedKitty wrote:Okay, the previous e-mail stoppage has been fixed, but now there's something I'm a bit wary of.

The links in the e-mail should be pointing directly to twokinds.net/forum/ — they're not, they're pointing to an alphabet soup redirect on sendgrid.net.

My e-mail client (Thunderbird) has flagged this as possible scam behaviour, and I agree it does look very suspicious. Anyone else noticed odd behaviour from these new e-mails?
Can confirm that the links go through a tracker, and that that's kinda sorta scammish. I wonder if that can be opted out of on the free plan?

Guess I should look at their ToS at some point, because I'm not really familiar with how these businesses operate.
TIL tracking is automatically opted into.

Turned every knob I can find off

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#19 Post by judah4 »

amenon wrote:
SpottedKitty wrote:Okay, the previous e-mail stoppage has been fixed, but now there's something I'm a bit wary of.

The links in the e-mail should be pointing directly to twokinds.net/forum/ — they're not, they're pointing to an alphabet soup redirect on sendgrid.net.

My e-mail client (Thunderbird) has flagged this as possible scam behaviour, and I agree it does look very suspicious. Anyone else noticed odd behaviour from these new e-mails?
Can confirm that the links go through a tracker, and that that's kinda sorta scammish. I wonder if that can be opted out of on the free plan?

Guess I should look at their ToS at some point, because I'm not really familiar with how these businesses operate.
Those are usually meant to track if the recipient opened or clicked on the email, nothing really malicious. I found some docs https://sendgrid.com/docs/User_Guide/Se ... cking.html

Edit: Do de do, missed the next page.

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#20 Post by aj »

I think it's been working long enough that I can drop this topic from the global announcements.

If anyone has anymore issues, post here or PM directly.