The forum might break for you! Test your browser now!

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: The forum might break for you! Test your browser now!

#16 Post by TinyVoices »

amenon wrote:If you would, please make note of what exactly it's saying the next time it happens.
First this
Then this
Both of these screenshots were taken today. It probably is Incognito, though. If this is the worst it does, though, then *shrug*

And yeah, the link kinda just downloads stuff. I didn't want to mess with that floating about someplace. >.>

amenon
Grand Templar

#17 Post by amenon »

TinyVoices wrote: First this
Then this
Both of these screenshots were taken today. It probably is Incognito, though. If this is the worst it does, though, then *shrug*

And yeah, the link kinda just downloads stuff. I didn't want to mess with that floating about someplace. >.>
Thanks! That tells me that I'm on the right track.

Getting people to fix it one by one would be a bum solution anyway, since it looks like there's a better way.

aj: Please add this to the chain. That should complete the alternate path, and I'd bet cash money that that root is trusted. Might add an additional round-trip to the handshake, with a bit of bad luck, but I'm guessing that isn't of primary importance :P
]]> Twokinds search (search the comic based on art or text!)

My most recent Twokinds smutfics, newest to oldest [NSFW]:

aj
Consistently Inconsistent

#18 Post by aj »

amenon wrote:aj: Please add this to the chain. That should complete the alternate path, and I'd bet cash money that that root is trusted. Might add an additional round-trip to the handshake, with a bit of bad luck, but I'm guessing that isn't of primary importance :P
So... I did that a while ago, but for the default cert. And I setup the twokinds.net cert to be separate before I replaced the default cert, so it didn't carry over to the twokinds.net cert.
I feel silly. :roll: But the cert is showing up in the chain now.

Code: Select all

---
Certificate chain
 0 s:/OU=Domain Control Validated/OU=PositiveSSL/CN=twokinds.net
   i:/C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=COMODO CA Limited/CN=COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA
 1 s:/C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=COMODO CA Limited/CN=COMODO RSA Domain Validation Secure Server CA
   i:/C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=COMODO CA Limited/CN=COMODO RSA Certification Authority
 2 s:/C=GB/ST=Greater Manchester/L=Salford/O=COMODO CA Limited/CN=COMODO RSA Certification Authority
   i:/C=SE/O=AddTrust AB/OU=AddTrust External TTP Network/CN=AddTrust External CA Root
---
I have no idea why it appeared fixed briefly, I'm hoping it's fixed for good now. (And my phone was flipping between untrusted/trusted as well...)
avwolf wrote:"No dating dog-girls, young man, your father is terribly allergic!"
y̸̶o͏͏ų̕ sh̡o̸̵u̶̕l̴d̵̡n̵͠'̵́͠t͜͢ ̀͜͝h̶̡àv̸e͡ ̛d̷̨͡o͏̀ne ̶͠͡t҉́h̕a̧͞t̨҉́.̵̧͞.͠͞.͟

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#19 Post by TinyVoices »

aj wrote:I'm hoping it's fixed for good now.
For now, at least, it's good. I'll keep ya posted. (I use my phone to go onto the forum at work, so that's an at least once every other day type check right there.)

amenon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by amenon »

Looks good, and I think the added size did push it into needing one more round-trip. The horror :P

aj

#21 Post by aj »

Just a reminder that this is happening this weekend! This is your last chance to test it!

amenon
Grand Templar

#23 Post by amenon »

That one's for external images served over http (mostly avatars and signatures.) A much lesser problem, but browsers are trending towards being more critical towards it.

Which might make it worth doing something about it, but it's a tougher one.

Edit: And if we're talking infosec, the fact that the images are external is a much bigger problem than them being served over http. It would be pretty easy to harvest IP addresses, correlate them to users, and even figure out some of who reads what around here. Or user identities across forums, now that I think of it. (In addition to being very impolite, do note that this would also be at least somewhat illegal to do, in at least some parts of the world :P)

aj

#24 Post by aj »

aj wrote:Just a reminder that this is happening this weekend! This is your last chance to test it!
And it's done!

If you're reading this, you're fine. 8)