Twokinds 10th Anniversary Contest

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

EightyHD
Traveler

Re: Twokinds 10th Anniversary Contest

#376 Post by EightyHD »

JediGuy wrote:Well, I wasn't going to, but...oh, what the hell.

I'd been thinking on a couple of different pages, but ultimately, this one -- from Chapter 6-2, takes the cake. Honestly, this entire chapter is filled with lots of good ones, from comic relief Karen and Maren to EvilTrace and everything in between. The mood whiplash is quite severe, and it's not until you get to this page that you'll really know how to feel.

In my opinion, Tom, this is when your artwork really started to mature. The simplistic coloring left us to focus on the mood of the moment, rather than be distracted by things in the background. The blur helps us feel the trance-like state that Flora and Trace are both in.

It's been several years since I read that page for the first time, but I still recall it fondly. Let's hope you do, as well.

Man, I have to agree with you here. This really was a turning point in the series. Kudos mudpunisher and the rest. Thanks Tom for the fun contest!

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

#377 Post by ConkerBirdy »

This has to be one of my favourite pages (since i cant link all Alaric parts since thats unfair).

I liked it that much I actually started storyboarding an animated version of the page (my interpretation at least and its still missing a lot of panels, e.g the walk scene isnt meant to go as long).

EDIT: God damn it, I got the message too late on Facebook, I guess I should really pay attention to TwoKinds more. Gratz MudPunisher, you lucky son of a [bleep].

Tom
The Artist

#378 Post by Tom »

xamali wrote:Mud, you lucky wolf! :D
Congrats, and congrats to everyone else in second place and for everyone who participated too, I guess. :P
xamali, I wanted to let you know that when I ran the random number generator, I accidentally ran it 11 times for the second place winners, instead of 10. You were the 11th. I felt bad not including you in the prize draw, so I decided to give you a "runner up" prize by doing a sketch remake of the last panel from your chosen page, here:

Reference: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=280

So consider yourself the unofficial 11th winner! Enjoy!

xamali
Grand Templar

#379 Post by xamali »

Tom wrote:
xamali wrote:Mud, you lucky wolf! :D
Congrats, and congrats to everyone else in second place and for everyone who participated too, I guess. :P
xamali, I wanted to let you know that when I ran the random number generator, I accidentally ran it 11 times for the second place winners, instead of 10. You were the 11th. I felt bad not including you in the prize draw, so I decided to give you a "runner up" prize by doing a sketch remake of the last panel from your chosen page, here:

Reference: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=280

So consider yourself the unofficial 11th winner! Enjoy!
I... I-I GAAAAAH!! I don't believe what's happening here! :D~
Thanks thanks thanks! :mrgreen:
Okay *cough* that's enough. Thank you very much Tom, I truly appreciate it! |D
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

Angel Dreamer
Traveler

#380 Post by Angel Dreamer »

Aw, better luck next time :)

Congrats to the winners!! :potatoes:
Spots <3 FAN :kathrin:
Avatar by Tom-- Edited by NothingIsSure :)

MermaidMaddie

#381 Post by MermaidMaddie »

This is my favorite comic: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=764
I have so many favorites, it was hard to choose! I finally decided on this one after a long debate.
I love Natani's expressions here. It's just so wonderfully depicted, and I think that this particular comic shows that, at long last, that Keith is ready to open up to Natani. It's just the most heart-warming thing ever. :')
It shows this awesome soft, sensitive side of Natani that I love. By Keith telling her that she could continue 'ear-rubbing', he's finally relented to let go of Laura and let Natani in.
GAHHHHH I LOVE THEM D'X :natani:+ :keith:

MermaidMaddie

#382 Post by MermaidMaddie »

NEVERMIND.
Turns out I wrote that post and forgot to send it. Just did, then refreshed the page.
Stupid me. -_-
Oh, well. CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS! :)

Switch

#383 Post by Switch »

Hi I'm new to the forum, and I see the contest is already over, but since I spent forever trying to find my favorite page, I figured I'd post it here anyway just in case anyone is interested.

http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=553

It made me cry. Like "this is just too sad" T_T And also, lady nora raises questions, imo, which thickens the plot! It's one of those questions you almost forget about until later on when you're like "OOOH, that!". :3

NothingIsSure
Master

#384 Post by NothingIsSure »

After reading posts in this topic, I have a few words to share with others. It's a good thing, that everyone have good memories and thoughts linked with reading TwoKinds, Tom created not only a comic, but a whole community of people interested in many things, living in many countries all over the world and speaking other languages, but still talking about one - about their favourite webcomic. That's just great, and I'm very happy that Tom will continue this great story with so many people around it .
Second thing - nothing is sure. Nobody predicted 11th winner (gratz Xamali ;> ) , and noone, propably even Tom could predict that this story would last 10years (and more !).
Ok, last words - I feel very fortunate just by being here and discussing about 2K.

Congratulations to all contest winners ;3 !

trantor
Apprentice

#385 Post by trantor »

Gratz to all the winners :grin:

But with this great webcomic - we are all winners :wink:

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#386 Post by Sean De Retro »

Make senses the first comic would win, it started it after all.

Anormalcat

#387 Post by Anormalcat »

Now that i think about it, I think this comic IS responsible for me being a furry

CrimsonButterfly
Apprentice

#388 Post by CrimsonButterfly »

Hoy Crimson here, a bit tired; I just finished my read through the posts there; just going on a commentary.
On a personal note, I quite like the post Mud gave, as well as that of Badjoke, and a number of others; ah, just read; avwolf's comment is good too, man. And some others had good insight and evaluations,..
However, I gotta say the comments and reasons were nice to read overall. And that's quite like why I like the comic; I've had some rough moments around my life, and I've never been one to need outer support, but it's still nice to see something to remind that there are people and things that live well and differently through hard times.

I even remember I was thinking that when I was in a particularly somber mood one day, and went to read the comic only to find this nice, out of service message.
And well, I thought I'd maybe get my mood up, and after a second of thought, I just took it as amusingly cynical; if it ain't what I optimistically expected, it wasn't bad. You just don't rely on people, atleast not all the time.

And so that's why I'd say I just like this little community thing.

That was Crimson's personal commentary; keep going!
Dodge-fighting emotions. Also, whenever you ask, I am thinking about you.
--Life; 0/0

Тимофей

#389 Post by Тимофей »

Hello! My name is Timothy. I badly understand English , (but all the same, I'm from Russia).
I may be late but even so I like to offer my favorite comics page: http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=68 :trace: but honestly I liked all the commotion with page 64 :http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=64 :flora: . On page 72 : http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=72 :natani: .
Thank you for your attention.

seanmcchapman
Traveler

#390 Post by seanmcchapman »

Aw well hoping for another contest then!
Favorite Character: :keith:
My Team at Gray-ink.comImage
My ART http://seanmcchapman.deviantart.com/