Joining Keenspot

And now, a word from our moderators

Moderator: Moderators

Natani--Fan.
Grand Templar

Re: Joining Keenspot

#61 Post by Natani--Fan. »

Is it just me or does the website seem slower? Maybe it might be my computer I just wondering.
deviantART: http://nazo-the-keidran.deviantart.com/
XBOX Live: Bubbawarhorse
STEAM: Bubbawarhorse
Image Image

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#62 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Natani--Fan. wrote:Is it just me or does the website seem slower? Maybe it might be my computer I just wondering.
Nope; it's the site. All those damn ads each require there own connection, and if you've got DSL or Cable(and not FIOS or something) you'll notice the speed difference.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#63 Post by Envy661 »

I had to update my viewing thumbnail because it wasn't loading the new pages from the source correctly. So when the new page came up, I didn't see it until I bothered to check it at school and be like "Hmm, something doesn't seem right here".

It's fixed now, but I had to actually change the URL for it to work properly. It used to load directly from twokinds.net. That is where the thumbnail image refreshed from. For some reason, when I loaded the page, even after refreshing it, and even after clicking the latest comic button, it wouldn't take me to the latest page. The thumbnail is supposed to be set to the previous one, but it was a week behind until I updated.

I am trying to explain the problem as best as I can, so forgive me for constantly repeating what my issue is.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#64 Post by RobbieThe1st »

Uh, yea. That's cause the 2k.com simply redirects to the new site. Update your scripts etc(as I did myself), and be happy.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#65 Post by primalcaller ergos »

well, let's just say i'm very glad you goal/dream achieved tom.

and also that if you're concerned that might be even slightly inconvienint, let's just say your foresight in fixing links nad url's and what not eliminated that aspect to apsolute zero.

and finnaly, in addition to all of the other benefits, (and no costs/downsides what so ever) i do just love your work with trace and flora in the forst on the main page.

(it's like i'm actually there, i can literally feel teh refreshing breeze, relaxing sounds, and wonderful smells that must be right there every single time i look at it... no really, i actually do, no hyperbole at all...)

(it kinda reminds me of both the wonderfull nature i get around here, and the mountains remind me of when i went to B.C. <british colombia, one of the canadian provinces> to visit relatives.)

(also, i like the river and that little cottage down there, i like to imagine that as being thier house, in which they're both living in as happily as can be. ++nice touch there. :grin: )

and that's about it. -ergos, liking this alot, as in 100% :) :grin: :D :mrgreen: :mrgrin: - ...also, no pop ups over here, just the out of the way intentional ads (which i dont mind at all whatsoever)
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

sting03

#66 Post by sting03 »

This is a great comic, I love it, and I'm glad to hear that it'll never end any time soon, also glad to hear that this is a win-win situation for you!

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#67 Post by Duo Barton »

(Ignore)

:potatoes:
Hit Hard, Hit Fast, Never Look Back.

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

Conal
Master

#68 Post by Conal »

I think the comic lost integrity when it was signed where the money is. This could have continued to rise the way it was.

Duo Barton
Council Member
Location: In TX, making green powder in a bottle in my underground cave of blue tipped yellow flowers

#69 Post by Duo Barton »

(Ignore)

Like Bionicles? Join this RP http://www.twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic ... 00#p621200

Yash
Administrator

#70 Post by Yash »

Conal wrote:I think the comic lost integrity when it was signed where the money is. This could have continued to rise the way it was.
Nothing's changed about the comic at all, outside of some ads begin shown on the side and the fact that Tom can now draw it on a more regular basis (something he's been wanting to do for quite a long time) since the comic is now a reliable source of income for him.
Forum Rules.

"Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain - but it takes character and self-control to be understanding and forgiving." - Dale Carnegie

Conal
Master

#71 Post by Conal »

Yash wrote:Nothing's changed about the comic at all, outside of some ads begin shown on the side and the fact that Tom can now draw it on a more regular basis (something he's been wanting to do for quite a long time) since the comic is now a reliable source of income for him.
Which is the appeal in selling out. It's still no longer independent. Though, maybe that's not what this was supposed to be. Tom said he wanted this a while back.

I'm just not happy about it.

Arashi500
Master

#72 Post by Arashi500 »

whats so great about being independent?

I was worried the ads would be more intrusive, but just side-bar ads is no trouble.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

Conal
Master

#73 Post by Conal »

Arashi500 wrote:whats so great about being independent?
Standing for something.
I was worried the ads would be more intrusive, but just side-bar ads is no trouble.
Besides the pop-ups, but apparently that wasn't supposed to be there so I'll let that slide.

Arashi500
Master

#74 Post by Arashi500 »

For stuff like punk rock sure(and even then, signing with a lenient label for the purpose of expanding the reach of your message is considered selling out, even though it's a totally legit decision that doesn't compromise integrity), but what did TwoKinds stand for independently that it no longer stands for?

And I havn't noticed any pop-ups.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

Duo Barton
Council Member

#75 Post by Duo Barton »

(Ignore)