Web Server/Forum Performance

Announcements about forum and website maintenance

Moderator: Moderators

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

Re: Web Server/Forum Performance

#16 Post by Lief »

That's what it seems like to me. Maybe it's 3.6? Before I updated to 3.6 I wasn't having this issue. (3.6 also [censored] up a lot of the good features of Firefox...)

Hmm...did it when I tried to post this, here's the url of the "reloaded" page and the post a reply page.
First: http://twokinds.net/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&t=12303
"Reloaded": http://twokinds.net/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&f=2&sid=41ebb9d73c73bc9612adbdb6048da00f&t=12303

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#17 Post by avwolf »

Lief wrote:Hmm...did it when I tried to post this, here's the url of the "reloaded" page and the post a reply page.
First: http://twokinds.net/forum/posting.php?m ... =2&t=12303
"Reloaded": http://twokinds.net/forum/posting.php?m ... b6048da00f[/b]&t=12303
See the bolded part? That's the session id for your PHP session. It looks like phpBB puts the session id into the URL whenever you post the reply form (mine shows for me when I mouse over any of the buttons). So it should have actually posted something to the forum, if you're seeing that URL. Either that or it tried, couldn't receive the data, for one reason or another, or didn't get the session id right, and then dropped you back on the reply page with the session id embedded in the URL.

Lief
No hugs, I asplode.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#18 Post by Lief »

Odd...

I think it is version 3.6, is there any way to reinstall 3.5 without losing my add-ons and stuff?

BlueFoxx
Master

#19 Post by BlueFoxx »

Lief wrote:is there any way to reinstall 3.5 without losing my add-ons and stuff?
Yes, you simply uninstall 3.6, tell it not to purge/delete your personal data/settings, and install 3.5. If all went properly, you'll have the exact same browser settings as before.
This coming from somebody who uses the exact same firefox profile between a minefield 3.7 install and a firefox 3.6 install, with no issues. Also the same profile I've had since ~firefox 2.5, with all my favourites, browsing history and settings.
(I will now return to lurking silently)
#twokinds wrote: <Tom> Vector boobs?
<Tom> Can be scaled to any size!
I may or may not lurk, at times.
I do some interesting photography, if you're bored enough to poke around.

Conal
Master

#20 Post by Conal »

2kinds.net was only showing the comic page, some Yahoo! search & boxes where images should be. twokindscomic.com was up & so was twokinds.net. The forum redirected to Yahoo! as well; claiming there was a 404 error. Now the forum is back.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#21 Post by AzeNaku »

Okay, for some reason the forum logs me out every minute. It's getting annoying to have to relog after only a few clicks... :redhair:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#22 Post by emmy »

How's your cookie settings? Also, is your 'remember me' box ticked? i don't get any logouts here.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#23 Post by AzeNaku »

emmy wrote:How's your cookie settings? Also, is your 'remember me' box ticked? i don't get any logouts here.
It resolved itself a few hours later, but wow, were those some annoying hours.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

Seito
Apprentice

#24 Post by Seito »

First thing you might want to do if the forum itself is giving you troubles, such as logging you out, is to use an alternative browser.

One instance is that the admin panel wont work properly for me if I am using the newest version of Firefox. Also, just double check your time and date because if it is off it might be voiding your cookies.
“I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect.”

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#25 Post by Envy661 »

I don't know if this is anything major enough to share, but my SafeSearch now flags the Twokinds forum as 'Red', saying the site may be infested. I'm not sure if this could possibly be related to the recent Spam attacks or what (Most likely not), but it is something you may want to look into.