"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

Re: Your favorite movie?

#497 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:I'm WMM's favorite! Yay!
*sigh* *facepalm*
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin:

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#498 Post by Vintage »

InceptionBwaaa wrote:I'm WMM's favorite! Yay!
Hm, I didn't notice tha--
I mean, of course you are!
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

esmeraldakittycat
New Citizen

#499 Post by esmeraldakittycat »

I have to say, don't laugh at me, my favorite movie is The Aristocats. :flora:
CATS! CATS! CATS! :flora: :flora: :flora:

midnightblink
Council Member

#500 Post by midnightblink »

I don't exactly have a favorite movie, I have a category of my favorite movies, movies that I love for all separate reasons and can therefore never put one above the others.

My favorite comedy ever is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Do I even have to say why? Who hasn't acted out the whole "knights who say ni" scene with there friends? To anyone who hasn't seen it yet, I only have this to say:
Frenchman wrote:Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of elder berries
Oh, and NI!!! Or ekki-ekki-ekki-ekki-ptang zoom-boing

My favorite animated movie is the Lion King. I cannot tell you how many times I watched that on VHS as a kid. I can sing all the songs by heart (except part of the Circle of Life because part of it is in Zulu). Hakunamatata

My favorite sci-fi movie is the Fifth Element. It has action, it's funny, it has pretty good effects, and they did all of it with a B-movie budget. I love the scene on the Flauston Paradise where Lelu was fighting the aliens while the Diva was singing. Just goes to show you don't need a massive budget and amazing effects to make a good sci-fi movie.

Favorite sad movie, the Green Mile. I cried so hard at the end of the movie, I'm just glad no one was home or else they'd think I was hysterical.

I'm probably forgetting several others, including some that would overthrow the ones I put down, but these are at least SOME of my favorite movies.
Primum Non Nocere

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#501 Post by primalcaller ergos »

I have some classics for you.

One of my favorite animated movies is The one and only Brave little toaster!

Another one is Nightmare before christmas.

The reason why these are among my favorites is because....there is such a tone clash to them, you know?

When I was a kid, I always thought that stuff that was nothing but purely happy all the time was just.....bland.
Life itself is not always happy, nor is it really healthy to make children feel like it is, in my opinion.
Some things in life are sad, some are scary, some are outright terrifying. Which is just fine, that's why variety makes life special.

Looking back on it now though, there was so many adult things to enjoy in these movies.
The brave little toaster has stuff in it about planned obsolence and the progression of technology.
Nightmare before christmas had references to hamlet and a very interesting character dynamic within jack skellington himself.

Jack was fairly happy and had a great job: King of the halloween town. He had everything. A dog, a potencial girlfriend, lots of friends....
However he still wanted something different. A chance of pace. He still liked being scary, but he was getting bored of it.
Then when he found the christmas town and saw how happy everything was, he was overjoyed to see something unfamiliar to him.

I interpret that as an alagory for the mid-life crises some people expirence.
I know people (including my father) that have gone through stuff like that. I myself have gone through it in some ways.
There are people out there who have a great job, happy family, great friends, and a wonderful home to live in. A genuine all around good life.
So then they can feel a little guilty about wanting something new. It makes them feel like they are not apreciating what they have as much as they should.
That is why a lot of people at that time decide they should try going on a vacation or trying a new activity or hobby to break up the monotony.
Usually they either like this new thing so much they decide to keep it, or at least when they go back home again the journey helped them learn to enjoy their normal life to the fullest again.

Jack does this too: when he gets back and throws the boogieman out, he gets a happy ending because he realizes that the most fufiling thing he can ever do is just be himself.

In all honesty I wish more children's shows had darker tones to contrast to the lighter ones and had relateable messages like this.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me

Phaing
Master

#502 Post by Phaing »

Just ONE?
Can't do it, but I can go by genre;

Romantic comedy; Warm Bodies (one of only 2 Zombie movies I don't despise)

Comedy; In the Loop

Sci Fi; tie- Serenity & BSG

Western; Open Range

Adventure/feel good; Sahara

Musical; The Phantom of the Opera

But if I really have to pick just one; Cloud Atlas
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Akira110
Literary Artist

#503 Post by Akira110 »

My favorite movie? Hmmm... I'd have to go with Star Wars: The Force Awakens, though Empire is a very close second.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Clementine

#504 Post by Clementine »

Rocky Horror Picture Show
Hairspray
Robin Hood (the Disney version)
Robin Hood Men in Tights
The Princess Bride

I like musicals and Mel Brooks.

DocCralioc
Citizen

#505 Post by DocCralioc »

Pulp Fiction (it's just a classic)
And the New Kids Film because it's just my Kind of humour and pure garbage. And I mostly laugh when they Show garbage movies.

Loveknowsbest
Citizen

#506 Post by Loveknowsbest »

my favorite movie is the Lion King!!

Akira110
Literary Artist

#507 Post by Akira110 »

The Empire Strikes Back.

I know, I'm a star wars fan and this was the obvious choice for me, but the movie has some pretty decent writing and more importantly, the protagonists never win, establishing the Galactic Empire as this credible threat and allowing people to reasonably root for the Rebel Alliance in the next movie.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Forever-Disturbed
Citizen

#508 Post by Forever-Disturbed »

A Clockwork Orange.

A fantastic film adaption of a fantastic book with just as much an open interpretation as its counterpart. Also fantastic theming and well implemented philosophical discussion. It's a bit "adult" and has some pretty discomforting scenes, but it's worth watching and experiencing at least once in your life.
"Vision is not what your eyes see, but an image that your brain comprehends." - Aozaki Touko

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#509 Post by Insomniac »

Casablanca is my all time favorite movie, and I don't even really like romances. Empire is totally my favorite Star Wars movie, and I think Doctor Strange and Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorite MCU movies. Doctor Strange because of Steven's development as a character...and Guardians because a three foot talking raccoon made me cry like a baby when he shouted about how he never asked to be made. That scene is just...such a hard punch to the feels.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

#510 Post by Cyon »

Hands down Princess Mononoke for my favourite movie ever. I'm such a huge fan of animated movies, especially Miyazaki's. They just give me the desire to escape into an imaginary world such is the level of depth built into the story.

Also wolves. Can you find a more compelling argument? 8)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-