Other Webcomics

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: JediGuy

Grand Templar

Re: Other Webcomics

#796 Post by InceptionBwaaa » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:02 pm

I'm a big fan of Plush and Blood, as well as Slightly Damned. Both are pretty cool, and Slightly Damned looks reaaaaally good now. PB is okay, but not the best quality.
Certified Jojo fan
"She's a keeper!" ~Firekeeper
Stardust Crusaders banner coming soon.
Zelda x Palutena is the one true ship.

Certified Fool

#797 Post by Vintage » Tue Jan 27, 2015 3:49 am

I think it's time I formulate my current list, in order of favorite (kinda):
  1. Twokinds
  2. Plush and Blood
  3. Freefall
  4. Savestate
  5. Curtailed
  6. Housepets
  7. Roomies (Now back from the dead!!)
  8. Slightly Damned
  9. Hunters of Salamanstra (Only at the bottom because it hasn't been updated in three months :? Nevermind, it's back!)
  10. Flipside
  11. Off-White
  12. Cyanide & Happiness (Might be considered NSFW? Not sure)
A thing to note: just because a comic on the list is in a low spot, doesn't mean I necessarily dislike it (it's hard to rank all these great works of art).
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Traveler

#798 Post by Thebirddk » Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 am

Well today i found 3 more comics i think would be nice to share.

Precocious : this is the best "cute and funny" style comic i have seen so far, it's about 7 kids in a school for "gifted" kids... But when the smart kids are up to no good it can only be funny.

Peanut butter sundae : i girl is helping her friend out of a mental hospital and things start to get weird. This one you have to search in deviantart to find. Pretty short ATM.

Amber's no-brianers : made by the same as peanut butter sundae. It's about a girl with a Q&A that tries to answer all questions she gets and then lives her life with her roommate. Also short atm. Both comics update fairly nice.

Merchant

#799 Post by red.wolf » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:46 am

InceptionBwaaa wrote:I'm a big fan of Plush and Blood, as well as Slightly Damned. Both are pretty cool, and Slightly Damned looks reaaaaally good now. PB is okay, but not the best quality.
Just finished plush and blood, great comic lloved it. One thing you might enjoy if you read it is to go read the incredibly lame description for it on topwebcomics. Makes me laugh due to the description making it sound so tame and a possible political drama..... then you read....witness the brutality, violence and horror of an appocolypse... and find out the description did not prepare you very well.
The first shot is not the one that matters. The last shot determines everything.

http://twokinds.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18223---- Both Sides > My Fanfic
Both Sides: A TwoKinds Fan-fiction

Templar

#800 Post by Chris » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:52 pm

A select few I have in my bookmarks...

Skin Deep
Little Tales
Eldritch
Lucid's Dream
Asis
The Gamercat
Faux Pas
Altermeta
Paradigm Shift
Black Tapestries

Some of these may be slightly NSFW in parts, but it's kinda hard to remember exactly what's happened in the them over the years I've been reading them.

Certified Fool

#801 Post by Vintage » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:07 pm

Hm, according to one of Tom's retweets, Roomies is back! I've been waiting for this for a while. :heart:

I should'a noticed sooner.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Traveler

#802 Post by Thebirddk » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:38 pm

Time to show off some more comics

Pilli adventure : a girl revived her first date after he died saveing her. A world of monsters heroes and random crazy people. There will be some beer and smoking jokes. A fun style comic.

Go fish : a random dude just tries to get finished in school, but then one day the god of nightmares stands in his house and stuff turns bad very fast.

Biff the vampire : a silly vanpire lives life as normal as a vampire can. Funny style comic

Namir deiter : highschool and after highschool drama. Has over 3500 pages so far and updates fast.

You say it first : you just got fired and you have a crush on the only friend you can live with.
It's finished, the end seemed a little fast but the story is pretty good.

At arms length : 3 girls with magic power fights monsters, but can't let anyone non magic know about the powers. Could be nsfw not sure.

Edit: the maker of may the rain come has started a new comic.
The same colors as the first but a very new story.
I will just let you see for yourself http://jupiter.smackjeeves.com

The Last Gunslinger

#803 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. » Sat Apr 11, 2015 7:32 am

oh, what the hell.

The Dreadful is a generic split between the Wild West and Dungeons and Dragons. Demonkin are gunned down with silver bullets--centaur rangers patrol and keep the peace--there are ninjas, knights, sorcerers, and monsters, all within the context of an alternative 1800s America.

Atomic Robo has a bunch of free webcomics as well, but is actually a print comic. It's amazing though. If you liked 8-bit Theater as a lad (or presently) Atomic Robo is probably a solid comic for you.

I think quite a few people read those, and my other choices--Penny Arcade, xkcd, and so on--are also pretty well heard of. Nothing too niche.
VERY, GOOD

Delta-17

#804 Post by Fawkes » Fri May 15, 2015 4:33 am

I recently found this comic called Kings Folly, the official description is a story about the dawn of two new Kings and their struggle against each other in order to shape the world to however they see fit. It's still a fairly new comic so there's plenty to come in the future.
"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." - Walt Disney

"Because when I retire, I want a television the size of a billboard." - Felix (RvB)

"Crikey?" - Rookie Imposter

The Experienced Virgin

#805 Post by Insomniac » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:20 pm

red.wolf wrote:Im sure this one has been brought up before but i just caught up to it, Bitter Sweet Candy Bowl. Very drama filled comic. Arts kinda cartoony but the story is very well done. If you are into a high school drama you might want to give it a shot.

Let the Rain Come: The feels in that story, glad yall posted the link. Worth the time to crack through the 300ish pages but your heart will be doing loopty loops of sadness and happiness.
Last night I decided to do a BCB archive binge, as I hadn't kept up on it the past five years. Five hours later, OH GAWD THE FEELS. I definitely like the art in some chapters more than others, but it's a damn good comic.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Templar

#806 Post by TheFrozenSlime » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:52 am

Been a while since someone's put a new webcomic here.

I recently found a new webcomic called Star Warriors. It has about 24 pages as of this writing, and I think it's off to a good start.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

The Experienced Virgin

#807 Post by Insomniac » Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:42 am

Replay is a post apocalyptic comic full of demons goring people and getting sliced up with a sword. Also, so many ears and tails on dem people.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Delta-17

#808 Post by Fawkes » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:05 am

I recently found a new web comic to read, Isla Aukate, a story about alien fish people that resemble humans that have crash landed on an island ran by a leader known as Overlord Fox, the two were at war with each other but then formed an uneasy truce with each other for the past 10 years.
"Why worry? If you've done the very best you can, worrying won't make it better." - Walt Disney

"Because when I retire, I want a television the size of a billboard." - Felix (RvB)

"Crikey?" - Rookie Imposter

Templar GrandMaster

#809 Post by Cyon » Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:18 am

Vintage wrote:I think it's time I formulate my current list, in order of favorite (kinda):
  1. Twokinds
  2. Plush and Blood
  3. Freefall
  4. Savestate
  5. Curtailed
  6. Housepets
  7. Roomies (Now back from the dead!!)
  8. Slightly Damned
  9. Hunters of Salamanstra (Only at the bottom because it hasn't been updated in three months :? Nevermind, it's back!)
  10. Flipside
  11. Off-White
  12. Cyanide & Happiness (Might be considered NSFW? Not sure)
A thing to note: just because a comic on the list is in a low spot, doesn't mean I necessarily dislike it (it's hard to rank all these great works of art).
WAIT WAIT WAIT you know Off-White! That was the first story I ever read and I'm so ok passionate about it! Do you still keep up with it?

Since this thread has revived, I'd like to add Unsounded on here. It's a very well written fantasy story with magic and deep meaningful stuff (I'm bad at explaining :P)
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Templar Master

#810 Post by Foxx Trotter » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:05 pm

Here are some other webcomics I read from time to time other than TwoKinds, so long as they are not on hiatus or suspended. These aren't in any particular order.

Dan & Mab's Furry Adventures (This is Amber's primary DMFA webpage. The comic is also on The Katbox, but currently down right now due to the recent hack and ongoing overhaul.)
The World of Vicki Fox
Faux Pas
Zortic
The Dreamland Chronicles
Yosh! Saga (Most know who this is.) :P
Runewriters (Shazzbaa's current comic.)
Final Arcanum
Code Name: Hunter
Sandra and Woo
Gaia
Project Future (An independent spin-off of DMFA by Tapewolf.)
ShadowWood
Today Nothing Happened (Shazzbaa's first comic, finished a couple years ago.)

I'm sure many are familiar with Sabrina Online, which finished up a couple months ago. Two others I recently read are currently suspended, Filtered Fuzz and Out of My Element. Tales From the Mynarski Forest has long since been suspended, but still cool to read every once in a while. So, yes, I have plenty of things to keep me occupied. :) I got out of the NSFW stuff, for the most part, years ago due to work and who I hang around with. There are a couple collections I do have, though.
Videre videnda.