Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Other Webcomics

#736 Post by Insomniac »

TinyVoices wrote: *Sequential Art
*(I'm thinking of reading Slightly Damned)
Sequential Art is awesome. Stop thinking about reading Slightly Damned and start. Iratu is the most adorable
Spoiler!
villain
ever.
anonfox123 wrote:http://www.rvbrevolution.com/?id=2

As far as i can tell, it's a comic-ified version of RvB. But there's one small difference...

EDIT: And some additional antics. I've only started reading it, don't know much yet. Seems a bit AU.

EDIT EDIT: Scratch that, very AU.
I'm lovin' this comic already, thank ya!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

LuckyMudman
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Croatia, the land of many islands (or so I have been told)

#737 Post by LuckyMudman »

ticoun wrote:
I need some good non-furry comics. Maybe I'll see what the hype is all about with RA.
RA is most delicious, although the most recent pages may render you as insane as a basitin using magic.
I also suggest Shadowbinders, which takes place on both earth and in an awesome steampunk fantasy world called Belatyr.
After reading through RA two times now, I'm still confused as to what the hell is happening, although that doesn't stop it from being awesome. I just placed it into the "crazy" bookmark alongside "Dr. McNinja" and "Edmund Finney's Quest to Find the Meaning of Life".
Gabriel of creosha wrote:Far cry 3 Weed burner simulator 2012
Souls Of The Wild: A short story I'm writing, inspired by TwoKinds and Sword Of Truth.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#738 Post by DariusL »

LuckyMudman wrote:
ticoun wrote:
I need some good non-furry comics. Maybe I'll see what the hype is all about with RA.
RA is most delicious, although the most recent pages may render you as insane as a basitin using magic.
I also suggest Shadowbinders, which takes place on both earth and in an awesome steampunk fantasy world called Belatyr.
After reading through RA two times now, I'm still confused as to what the hell is happening, although that doesn't stop it from being awesome. I just placed it into the "crazy" bookmark alongside "Dr. McNinja" and "Edmund Finney's Quest to Find the Meaning of Life".
Be sure to read carefully the descriptions below the comics, they are very importNt in understanding what's happening.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#739 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

TinyVoices wrote:I need some good non-furry comics. Maybe I'll see what the hype is all about with RA. :roll:
Erfworld - It's almost to grid-based / real-time strategy games what Order of the Stick (another good series) is to D&D.
Deadwinter - A surprisingly decent post-Zombie Outbreak series following a waitress, nurse, plumber, and professional hitman.
Rice Boy, and all its attached series' - Alternate fantasy that is very, very nice.
Judecca - A bit hard to describe, but worth going through all the same. Note that it's rather brief, having started recently.
Aikonia - A bit closer to generic fantasy, but still rather distinct. Again young, but with a rather nice story.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#740 Post by TinyVoices »

Hm, not sure I'm too into things with elves and D&D stuff... But let's see about those other suggestions.
Talonmaster Zso wrote:Judecca - A bit hard to describe, but worth going through all the same. Note that it's rather brief, having started recently.
That was... Interesting. Kind of lost me though, unfortunately. :shock:
Talonmaster Zso wrote:Aikonia - A bit closer to generic fantasy, but still rather distinct. Again young, but with a rather nice story.
I recognize that work for some reason. I shall save this for later.

And so I head off to finish the last few assignments I got this semester! And then I shall look into all these suggestions. :)

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#741 Post by Insomniac »

If ya really want high quality non-furry comics, might I suggest Inverloch? Oh wait, there was a furry character in that...Well, the artist's next comic, The Phoenix Requiem, doesn't^^ May also consider QUESTIONABLE CONTENT, Too Much Information, The Last Days of FOXHOUND, Panthera, Ctrl+Alt+Del, and El Goonish Shive. All are highly awesome.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica

#742 Post by DariusL »

Niels and Gang by Humon is great too, though not updated often. (Sometimes NSFW)

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#743 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

TinyVoices wrote:Hm, not sure I'm too into things with elves and D&D stuff... But let's see about those other suggestions.
Just a note: None of the Rice-Boy series involves Humans. I don't think it has any Dwarves, Elves, Humans, Halflings, Orcs, or so-on even mentioned. There's Frog People in the first series and Dog People in the third (plus Salamander People, I think), but for the most part "generic" fantasy races and traits are avoided. The second series (Order of Tales) is closest to a generic setting, but even so it's a fair bit different.
TinyVoices wrote:That was... Interesting. Kind of lost me though, unfortunately. :shock:
It can do that. I'm still not entirely sure of the story at the moment.
TinyVoices wrote:I recognize that work for some reason. I shall save this for later.
It's from the same artist / writer as Awkward Zombie, that might ring some bells.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#744 Post by TinyVoices »

Talonmaster Zso wrote:Awkward Zombie, that might ring some bells.
Indeed it does.
Insomniac wrote:QUESTIONABLE CONTENT ... Ctrl+Alt+Del
And then they all [censored]. And I am familiar with Ctrl+Alt+Del. I think that's one of the ones where I have read half (not really) of their comics on another site. That and Cyanide&Happiness, stuff from Humon, and The Oatmeal.

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#745 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

I'm not sure if this has already been said but Carciphona. I am a big fan of the artist on Deviantart and I just found the Webcomic now. :oops:

Anyways, I am loving the art, the fantasy, the rules of the world, and currently the protagonists.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#746 Post by Myperson54 »

I know this is a bit of a dated thread, but I asked JediGuy first. It's alright.

Besides, how else would I bring unto you Fisheye Placebo?

Go read it. Read it now.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica

#747 Post by DariusL »

Myperson54 wrote:I know this is a bit of a dated thread, but I asked JediGuy first. It's alright.

Besides, how else would I bring unto you Fisheye Placebo?

Go read it. Read it now.
Only one page, but it's simply epic. I've waited months for this page to come out, and wasn't disappointed at all.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#748 Post by jacobc62 »

A little outdated, but some webcomics I read include:
Misfile, a story of a guy who was turned into a girl, a girl who became 2 years younger than she really is, and the pot-smoking angel who did this to them.

Order of the Stick, a story of D&D characters traveling to save the world... one crack in the 4th wall at a time...

Looking for Group, kinda hard to explain, but it's about an elf who meets a warlock, and it goes on from there.

Cyinyde and Happiness, The "Dainel Tosh/South Park" of webcomics.

Prequel, Tom reads this. I assume it takes place in the same world as Skyrim. S:P

The Pits Comic (no longer on the internet), "AKA: NASCAR Abriged". It made fun of several incidents in NASCAR over the past couple of years before being brought down off of the web early last year.

That's all I can think of for now.
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#749 Post by judah4 »

Felix Mage wrote:
jacobc62 wrote:Prequel, Tom reads this. I assume it takes place in the same world as Skyrim. S:P
Could you give me a link? I would like to look at it, but Google haven't found it.
http://prequeladventure.com here you go :grin: I like reading it

Zylver
Grand Templar

#750 Post by Zylver »

judah4 wrote:http://prequeladventure.com here you go :grin: I like reading it
Made a quick "sneak-preview" on the comic... well :roll: that's not an everyday style for a webcomic for sure, but there is something catchy in it :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus