Other Webcomics

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Myperson54
The Imagineer

Re: Other Webcomics

#766 Post by Myperson54 »

So I've discovered this little-known comic called Everblue, which is actually really awesome! The first thing that pops into mt mind is "Waterworld if it didn't totally suck," but this is actually entirely different.
The story and world drew me in right away, and the characters are very organic feeling. (Also for the first time, I think I've found a "well-written female character" who isn't the brainchild of Margaret Atwood.)
What I especially like about this comic is that, while it's relatively short so far, its content is deep and full-seeming. The characters and objects in the world are drawn with such skill, they almost appear to move. For instance, in one scene, Luna throws a blanket at someone, and the resulting impact looks JUST LIKE IF IT HAPPENED IN REAL LIFE.
Needless to say, it's amazing.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#767 Post by Myperson54 »

I've finished reading the first story arc of Plush And Blood, (NSFW- Heavy violence and gore) and overall, I can't complain. A few spelling and grammar mistakes here and there, and a not spectacular art style, but those are small quibbles for the sake of a great story. It's an interesting insight into totalitarianism and the idea of peace. (How far would one go to keep it?) It's also incredibly depressing, but in a bittersweet way. I recommend it, at least to try.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#768 Post by Insomniac »

For the furry WoW fans, and even non-WoW fans, I present Druids. WARNING! HIGHLY NSFW, THERE BE SEX IN HERE!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#769 Post by Zylver »

Insomniac wrote:For the furry WoW fans, and even non-WoW fans, I present Druids. WARNING! HIGHLY NSFW, THERE BE SEX IN HERE!
I just wanted to write that comic here as well! :P Pretty good actually, many lulz in it (especially Amo :grin: ) but yeah, so much sex :roll: yeah! :D

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

CrimsonButterfly
Apprentice

#770 Post by CrimsonButterfly »

Just a few, I'll not -too- easily mention those that already were.
I'll also write around uselessly, of-course. --In addition to being rather tired.--
I shall have the grace of a wrecking ball.
Uh, my current blasphemous way of dealing with trac is rather unpardonable.
----------
Crimson Flag Comic. From the guy of Virmir's stories. Fantasy with magic and straight-forward kidnappings, assassinations and more regular battles. (Instead of weird monster fights everywhere.) More than a fancy guard has been killed in surprise. Really, pretty much my favorite / most recent find at this time. This actually has intrigue.
Crimson Dark Finished comic. Read the blog when it was going. Still a rare something at times, too. Sci-fi in space, with some twists of story in the times of war. It's a good one.
Gemutations: Plague, surely more creative than zombies. And quite amongst my favorites. We got Gemues here, and some socio-political situation, it appears.
The Realm of Kaerwyn. Fantasy wolrd, werewolves, magic. Actual conflict between non-enemies. And you can't just trust things too much.
Boomer Express. Kangaroos, and well. It's quite the little adventure there.
Carciphona. and so it was mentioned, eh? Great drawing there, also, I quite like the story. It has a lot of little clues of what is to come, too.
Also, that image in Tuna's signature. Related to Dreamkeepers, eh? They have a prelude webcomic, that was mentioned; DreamKeepers Prelude. The prelude webcomic follows various younglings.
You wouldn't believe maybe. But I'm pretty sure I could cite 20 names including the word ''Crimson'' of things / people that make interesting things about.
HOAX HUNTERS Because it's just a HOAX really! There is nothing supernatural to worry about.
Hamsta Powah. Hamsters, mice, magic & well, 'giant' genocidal human scientist? Also, a fairy tale lately.
Kevin & Kell. Has story & slice of life. When predators & prey are all talking anthros, this includes insects & fish. (for the talking part.)
Curtailed, maybe the highest combo rating of pure slice-of-life & me quite liking it. Did you see the thing about their video game?
-----
Ok, because. Man, if I mentioned all 'big' comics that weren't mentioned yet, it'd take way too much space I guess.
Finished;
The Suburban Jungle. Predator / Prey universe like K & K.
Fur will fly. Classic? The sequel thing was cancelled last I saw.
Stolen Generation. , completed comic. Sci-fi adventure fantasy?
also it, it's sequel and other things at kitfox-crimson's Deviant Art
And yeah, there are mature warnings around those.
You guys do know it that there are quite a few webcomic like things there? Also lots of cool stuff. But aie, I'll have so much to check through these years,..
----------------------------------
Of those mentioned, but I think less overly renowned (somewhat);
Antihero for Hire. Great moments like; It's a magic -fairy?- wand. And, -that nutter butterfly dude-.
Deer me. Quite appropriate name, mostly. Around then, I had the idea of making a deer character in my stories, and ended up making an entire subuniverse on it,.. Anyways, this is slice of life with character relationship progress
Someone actually mentioned; Spiky-haired dragon, worthless knight. Because of the snark, mostly.
I wouldn't of mentioned it otherwise, but it is one of my semi-favorites in a way. It's also hard to find with google when you don't recall it's name. Sigh.
Also;
The Cyantian Chronicles. Because, well, Kangaroos? I like Kangaroos. And while I mention that;
Altermeta. Sex, Dragons and Rock & Roll. The hell, it's using one of my own mottos too! Restarted more than once,.. but it seems good now.
http://www.dominic-deegan.com/ Probably one of the better known ones, but yeah. Infernomancers, demons and an actual epic. Rock on!
The Zombie Hunters Zombie apocalypse, yeah. One of the better ones. Not too superheroish either, which is good.
http://deadwinter.cc/ Somebody mentioned it, yay! Black Monday is probably my favorite cool assasin dude.
There are a fair number of those mentioned I didn't know too, I might swap through them.
MeaCulpa, S.C.M. mentioned; http://seraph-inn.com/ that guy does have some links to show, alright. That's Inverloch & The Phoenix Requiem atleast, good ones.
Okay, okay, these are known, but well, I also follow their blog-things somewhat often. (constantly)
Goblins, D&D story with goblin heroes. + He does have some good rants & stuff.
DMFA Uhh, cookies? Oh, also the whole Cubi gig. Really, I'm not sure how you'd miss this.
Short ones;
Rework the dead, from the guy of Jack, Rework the Dead, contains some drip, I believe.
11 Will Die. Yep, they will. Contains vore. <-- Look that up if you want. I've got a character in my stories that's very losely based on Keila there. Very loosely actually, considering. But then my story characters, especially my more in depth ones, are very elaborate. I could write them pre-mortem biographies.
Digger! Mentioned, but yeah, okay. If I were there when it was written I probably would've left a comment. It's a neat one. And it has its brimstones. And a pickaxe!
------------
There are alot more, but I'm not recalling all those my memory keeps. It would be atleast hundreds,.. I still think I read way more physical books though. I can read a 500 page book in 8 hours if I want. And still be able to find any scene of the book within 20 seconds. (I don't read the page numbers, so it takes some time.) But then, it's only when I have some interest. So yeah, these comics are amongst those I seldom well know.
Anyways, to finish off.
Topwebcomics.com a site amongst others that lists webcomics. You might know it, indeed.
A lot of one's I'm not mentioning for space are around there. Also, many of those are less my kind of thing, but I oft understand 'genuinely', how they are seldom liked. (and sometimes I don't?)
Beyond The Veil like most, I found this one out way before it was any high in the TWC list. (was it Amber's fault? I don't recall, but she's one of those) Its update ratio isn't currently high, but I'd otherwise of mentioned it higher up.
I also know way over ten pretty good ones that where discontinued but said to maybe be finished as completed stories. As per digital books or stories only presented freely once fully done. There are also a lot of now defunct ones that might be archived by people somewhere, I don't do that myself though, I regularly exercise my memory instead.
That's all. Hope that wasn't overdoing it.
Bof, why not. Harkovast, they got a forum RPG going on. And some of their commenter / rpg guys are characters in their own right. (esp. Tech!!!)
The general let it go forward attitude with fantasy plays out well too. If they may not amaze in the realism department, they have a consistency. Ki is also one of my favorite assasins in philosophy. Frankly straight-forward beak.
Fun fact; http://badwebcomicswiki.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page was hit hard by Harkovast once, it so appears. Don't take any party too seriously, I guess. Except for me, you idiot!
Yea, Spo said something like that, (Except better) in Housepets!
But whatever,.. also Slightly Damned is both very close and most dissimilar to TwoKinds. And seriously, I could right an essay on that. But most likely will not be so bothered.
Also, I didn't mention many of the other kinds. Like this one; The Last Days of FOXHOUND, yes, solid snake story, baddies side. Mockery abounds, but still has a serious side. It's a finished one, for, natural reasons.
Daily Grind, more calm different style. Neat. Quite the opposite of the flickery gag-a-day comics. And yes, it's a daily grind.
That's all. Hope that wasn't overdoing it. (Again.) Don't ask me about video games,.. or books, or quantum mechanics, (or heat induced radio-wave emission) I'd rarely talk so easily about those. If at all, really.
Lackadaisy and Outsider.
Just so you don't miss them, they both got me interested beyond the main thing. Seriously, small gags are so easy for me I'm somewhat immune, so I like story involvement. Both of them have very slow sporadic updates, but it would be hard to assert them as on an unending hiatus, considering. But mostly, they got some archives, and some art & shenanigans. Manner of speaking.
6-Commando. This one I quite love. Also, if SD had in common with TK, then so does 6C. I mean, unavoidable war, indirect responsability, and personal mayhem. Yep, different genre, same genre. Sci-fi rather than Fantasy, both have Mystic supernatural combined with mundane ignorance of what is going on. Also, in doubt; ''They are the enemy!'' I must admit I somewhat follow the blog on this one.
Now am I finished, no, but for now, yes. May I terminate this time. I will not be back. GRrf.
Let's add Magellan. Seriously, you missed that one too? It's the best superhero one I follow I guess. Loved the Acrobat, but it seems it didn't survive DD's crash. Whatever.
SSDD is known, right? A true anarchist psycho rabbit, and one word; Giggler. But I love the golfing lawyer. Aye-Aye. Probably a bit more adult than the others.
Hell, I have a rule that makes me unlikely to ever do a grand webcomic, it is that I always be more trained and skilled than I show. Ever. I fully show my skills only I deem it unacceptable to do otherwise. Be it spontaneous or not. All the reason to be better than needed, so I can do the needed. It's a strict learning discipline.
Eh, adding all of the webcomics with an extremely obvious DMFA cameo would be extensive, by the way. there are tens of them, I believe. Although in a second, only, what, 7 come to my mind? Fnar from Jack and Flora from Twokinds are a bit everywhere too.
Code Name: Hunter., by the way. The fey here are, unfriendly at times. But not too openly. If I ever mention the initials RCSI, well, it might have to do with this one.
There are more exotic story-based ones, but I guess I won't multiply this again. Also, only one (-1-) of those that was much mentioned was unknown to me,.. Hmmpf. Too bad? I've bookmark a few in my to check folder though,.. I'll pass them when my mood is right.
Would you believe me if I said I can play an RTS game and start writing compacted stat / efficiency tables and other notes that I don't even need to overwhelm the average experienced player with only ten hours of play myself? Even when I play casually, competitive play uneases or bores me. I'm more co-op mission or casual lazing about reading a book at the same time. So, yeah. Awkward. So I repeat, don't ask me listings about games. It's just weirds me out. I've been emotionally compacted.
Finale; Virus Rising; Dogs get the virus, some strength, and some aggressivity. Our hero is one of the immune. Nice enough I say. Finished.
Terra, you guys had mention of outsider. But this one's a good one too. Really. Certain. It's Sci-fi, and is, quality, I say. But that's just me, eh?
Heh.
Kaspall because I don't know if Jenny met anything more interesting.
I guess I could mention Concession , one of those said somewhat unusual. Notice that unlike most I'm mentioning this one is very theatrical anygoing. It's something like a high-fantasy slice-of-life soap opera. Well done for the style I'd say, and I'm mostly about style points. (and brutal victory)
Axecop It was mentioned by others, but hey, this is ''Aesop and away'' cranked up to the maximum, with a screwdriver.
Also, if any of those webcomics has direct listed links to another, there's a fair chance I know about it. Most of those aren't the lesser one's I know of.
FreeFall Yep, like that one. And that is -maybe- a literal hard science comic. Maybe. It's one of those I never need to bookmark. It's mostly blunt and obvious humor and some story that makes it go. But it's also got color since a while. Is it Terrence and Isabel Marks again? Oh well. My memory just doesn't easily gain my trust, what reference does it have?
I follow few parodies, as I said, but then, here's a nice one; Blue Milk Special. (Mild offensive language & Adult themes), they say. And yes, they essentially make fun of well, everything in the series. Extended universe included.
Eh, real final one, mentioned somewhat too;
Romantically Apocalyptic. One of the few that are crazy and coherent at the same time. It's a cup of coffee! Also, I most certainly adore those few comics that know how to build a story with characters who happen to be collectives or living networks. (or nexuses of the raw as I call some.) Has the creepy awesome stuff. And I love the living one. Like in what I write, the things that have 'super powers' cannot really kill the world, they only define it. It might momentarily kill you in your senses.
Er, erm, yeah, final one again.
I think I must just mention, -the red soldier- just had it to link at one of the best little epic moments of Jack. (follow the next two pages) And yeah. Jack, SD and TK seem to all be known comics that have such moments. But they all have their style and build up. And I must say, I was -almost- too content to laugh. I love a good presentation.
For two other ones that I currently follow somewhat closely, but aren't biggies far as I know;
Equsopia, a comic about, horses?
And, Latchkey Kingdom which is rocambolesque.
Well, there are a whole lot more of them out there,.. but that's a selected portion of those I know. There are a few not-completed ones on indefinite hiatus that I didn't mention because of such. But those are way more numerous, if only mildly less interesting on average. So I'm not listing them just now.
This small list is, incomplete. Maybe I would mention those of the kind that, gag around alot, in some other post. But I follow less of those, and that'd be for another day like this. + Maybe all the steampunk ones,..
Eh, well, there it goes. One thing about talking to people, you have to present a rough draft at some point. And I'm not even used to communication being pertinent to my needs. Ehh.

I've actually been taught that communication is only done by unproductive people. Eh,.. My emotions can be a nuisance at times. Applying myself to any form of communication tends to make me feel like rubbish. Disapproved, you may say. And it is rather problematic. Oh well. It'll unlikely take me more than ten years to clear out, while I do other things. It's so much easier to execute predetermined goals, but that hurts my observation and learning skills. I wouldn't be able to read at even a tenth of the speed if I did that. So I won't. In other words, I'll be weird. --Self-Critic; My conversation skills usually range between dive bombing and carpet bombing. I resent it.

Abian. I finally remembered the name. PG-13, Finished comic. Philosophical drama and whatnot. Check it out if you will. Just the first pages should get you going.
I feel intrusive, oh well. I wonder if it'll help to cut in my studies with video games. Hmm.
Dodge-fighting emotions. Also, whenever you ask, I am thinking about you.
--Life; 0/0

johny
Templar GrandMaster

#771 Post by johny »

I've come across Raven Wolf, an awesome web comic that also has a novel! I strongly recommend checking it out. The author is very involved with her fans. i was thoroughly impressed. here is a few links. Tell um johny sent ya!!!

Raven Wolf Tumblr
Raven Wolf MangaMagizine
Raven Wolf

Caille
Citizen

#772 Post by Caille »

I don't know if it has been mentioned yet, but for alien lovers I recommend http://www.tryinghuman.com/.
Brilliant drawings, likeable characters (except the main female character - it's just me, I just never like female characters as much as male ones). Anyway, it's a piece of good art. The artist is getting ready for publishing the first book and redrawing older pages. :nora:
Buzię widzę w tym tęczu!

Image Image

Image THE SHIP HAS SAILED!

Tanner.F
Traveler

#773 Post by Tanner.F »

My top 5: (not counting twokinds)
1. Lackadaisy
2.Modest Medusa
3.Sins revenant
4.GaMERCaT
5.Stupidfox

ghastmaskzombie
New Citizen

#774 Post by ghastmaskzombie »

Wow, lot of great suggestions here! I read so many myself, but I think I could distill it to a top 5 easy enough.
Homestuck: Not really just a webcomic, but if I could only use one medium to define it, that's the closest. Produced by the earthly incarnation of Andrew Hussie, the god of BS, it is the world's most popular webcomic by at least two orders of magnitude. Check out the video on the kickstarter campaign of the video game adaptation for a good sense of how incredible it is.
1/0: Ended, but ended well. In its time it was a profound and sometimes goofy exploration of the truth underlying fictions and reality. I have literally formed my own spiritual view of the cosmos based on the ideas explored in it. Its author can still be found thinking about the things you all take for granted at Leftover Soup.
DMFA: The most enthralling series of any kind I have ever seen in my life. The humour is like nothing else in the world, the plot manages to seem directed and disjoint at the same time, and the characters are a paradoxical mix of "so absurd" and "so real".
Sluggy Freelance: An incredible series that began with goofy jokes about bears and computers, and, over the next 5000+ strips, escalated to an incredible adventure about science, magic, gods, demons, mutants, aliens, and things which have no names. To top it off, it's produced by a man so indomitable that being without electricity or internet access, in a hurricane, somehow only slowed him down to 60% of his incredible regular schedule.
Romantically Apocalyptic: The most beautifully rendered comic I've ever seen, which like many others began with simple jokes. It is now a still-humorous yet truly incredible adventure about the neural network, the biomatrix, the unscannable one, and the luckiest man in the world.
You would not believe how hard it was to restrain myself from making giant rants for all of those.
If I'm posting here, it is very likely that I'm in an altered state of mind. My common sense is a little shaky and my better judgement is out to lunch. I have no filters and I don't know what I'm doing. So just keep that in mind.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#775 Post by Myperson54 »

So did I ever mention that the amazing Minna Sundberg has released a new comic? I'd probably the first I've ever managed to catch in its early stages, and it isn't even out of the prologue yet! She's doing another scandinavia-based one, but this time, instead of focusing on Finland (like in A Redtail's Dream), she's branched out to create a beautifully-drawn adventure including all the scandinavian countries!

Words cannot express how much I adore her artistic talent and style. Go read it now, and tell me how awesome it was after!

(This is also probably compounding with my love of the Banner Saga, also in scandinavia, but whatever, it's all good. :P )

TheDooder

#776 Post by TheDooder »

ah heres the thread I was looking for lol....gotta find something to read while I'm waiting for updates to twokinds and wrongside.... :mrgrin:
Let me explain something. I'm NOT Mr. Lebowski, you are. It's TheDooder, Dooderenski, or ElDooderino, if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#777 Post by The Rookie »

If anyone was looking for a new comic to read through, I recommend giving Questionable Content a try.
It's a comedy series based around the lives of a group friends living in modern day Northampton, Massachusetts, with a few little twist, such as AnthroPCs (Basically, little self aware robots that like to cause mayhem).

Although it takes a little while for the story and art design to pick up it's definitely worth the wait. In the early chapters the humour tends to revolve primarily around indie rock music, but as more diverse and interesting characters are slowly introduced, this branches out to include pretty much every sub culture you can think of from nerd culture to obscure hard core heavy metal music fans. Bit of something for everyone.

As of writing this, QC had been running for 10 years (Just 2 months prior to Twokinds) and has 2765 pages archived with daily updates between Mondays to Fridays.

So yeah, if anyone is interested follow the link below.

http://www.questionablecontent.net/
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Corpsificus
Banned
Banned

#778 Post by Corpsificus »

I've been reading The Zombie Hunters (the art gets better) and the latest page has me wanting to comment on the forums. I'm waiting admin approval so I'll just post here.

Note: The following contains actual spoilers... And the comic can be gory. Think George A. Romero. You were warned.
Spoiler!
One of the characters named Merideth had her son killed by a basilisk zombie, was understandably depressed, recently committed suicide (about a page or two ago), and is now a basilisk zombie. The irony is thick. Her son's death by the basilisk inspired her suicide and now she is a basilisk. She obviously did not use a gun in this ordeal, even though that would have been the most courteous thing to do. She was infected by the zombie virus and when infected people die they become a zombie.
Misery enjoys company.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#779 Post by Insomniac »

Got introduced to Evon tonight, I forget where I saw it it's been hours of reading. Powered through the archive. Look at that page there. If you can get past the early art, believe me it gets better, and the story is GREAT! Some very NSFW moments though.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

lemurvid
New Citizen

#780 Post by lemurvid »

ghastmaskzombie wrote:DMFA: The most enthralling series of any kind I have ever seen in my life. The humour is like nothing else in the world, the plot manages to seem directed and disjoint at the same time, and the characters are a paradoxical mix of "so absurd" and "so real".
This. Just this. The reason the internet exists.
Why this isn't in everyone's posts is beyond me. A towering pillar of awesome from god (Amber Williams).
Seriously, the archive is vast, because this was one of the first webcomics out there and it all looks a bit shonky to start, but the gags are mint, the art gets rather gorgeous, and the characters will just get to you. Just like, well, Twokinds.
And it's all surprisingly fun and lighthearted for a comic about genocide, soul-eating, revenge and muffins.
And it's on the Katbox fr'chrissakes.