Other Webcomics

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

ConkerBirdy
Templar GrandMaster
Location: On top of a jelly cloud away from the evil monkey zombie ninjas who wield flaming fire swords.

Re: Other Webcomics

#751 Post by ConkerBirdy »

judah4 wrote:
Felix Mage wrote:
jacobc62 wrote:Prequel, Tom reads this. I assume it takes place in the same world as Skyrim. S:P
Could you give me a link? I would like to look at it, but Google haven't found it.
http://prequeladventure.com here you go :grin: I like reading it

I think it was based in Cyrodiil (Oblivion) than Skyrim. But i havent read it so the character couldve moved to Skyrim.

DariusL
Panthera tigris altaica
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#752 Post by DariusL »

My latest webcomic discovery is Curtailed, a fun little comic about a leopard and a fox. It's also one of the rare traditionnal media webcomics.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#753 Post by jacobc62 »

ticoun wrote:My latest webcomic discovery is Curtailed, a fun little comic about a leopard and a fox. It's also one of the rare traditionnal media webcomics.
It's scary that I just read through the entire thing within my 55-minute media productions class.... :shock:
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

w0lfmare
Citizen

#754 Post by w0lfmare »

Here are a few good Webcomics I've stumbled upon over the years:

Off-white
Twokinds (of course)
Sandra and Woo
Gaia
Faux Pas
Curtailed (highly recommended)
Sequential Art
Strays
VG Cats (updates every now and again)
Prequel
Housepets
Freefall

Ozy & Millie is often overlooked because it's finished, but it's a great comic and it has the biggest archive I've ever seen

You may also be interested in my webcomic [url=http://-bloodline-.smackjeeves.com/]Bloodline[/url]

Rafe
Council Member

#755 Post by Rafe »

I like all kinds of webcomics, but there are a very few that really stand out for some reason, they may not all be to everyone's taste, but they all have some seriously good qualities. Here's my list:

Gene Catlow http://genecatlow.keenspot.com/
Albert Temple's work here is a good, old-fashioned adventure comic. Modern-day furries and humans with sci-fi and supernatural elements. Something on the more literary side from an author who knows how to tell a story.

DMFA http://www.missmab.com/
Amber Williams has created a very detailed fantasy world filled with all kinds of creatures and beings every bit as involving as something like Harry Potter, but her real talent is in the way she combines cuteness with violence - a very rare thing when it is done well. The main comic is PG furry humor, but there are some darker and very emotional side stories if you care to go there. All of them are written by someone who is excellent with situational comedy and farce, and knows how to write characters you will fall in love with. As far as I'm concerned, Amber Williams is one of the best writers in comics today, period.

Jack http://www.pholph.com
Probably my favorite. If you like the intensely emotional parts of TwoKinds, you'll probably like David Hopkins' comic of life, death, and the afterlife. More cinematic than literary. Hopkins is like a film director that takes his cute, very expressive furry characters (and you) to some very dark places in your soul. Don't think that it's some all-dark and angsty comic, though. It's also filled with love, courage and humor. The best part of Jack is probably the characters and the way they develop and reveal themselves. Also like TwoKinds, the characters are the kind you will no doubt identify with and love. Seriously, they will make you cry.

The story wanders around a lot and varies in quality, and the artwork is also changed occasionally from story to story. Nice guy that he is, Hopkins gets a lot of friends to do guest art and comic segments. And there is some less-than-fantastic material to wade through, but there is so much excellent content that it's worth it. In the way of warning, Jack does have a certain amount of profanity, graphic violence and sex, but that's not what it's about. One suggestion, if you decide to check it out, read at least the first four story arcs, up through "Trixi and Tet".

obi-wan
Templar Master

#756 Post by obi-wan »

I recomend a web comic called slighty dammed, I started to read it while waiting for the next page of TwoKinds, if you like TwoKinds you will love this comic too
May the force be with you

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#757 Post by anonfox123 »

Gabriel of creosha wrote:
obi-wan wrote:I recomend a web comic called slighty dammed, I started to read it while waiting for the next page of TwoKinds, if you like TwoKinds you will love this comic too
The community made me stop reading it.
The comic itself made me stop reading it. Not my thing, really. Too pointlessly dark, IMO. Sure, TK might be unrealistically happy/light at times, but retaliating against slavery/racism with outright genocide? Yeah, that totally works... And here I am being an idiot. I'm thinking about Wrongside. To be honest, I have never tried Slightly Damned.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#758 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

obi-wan wrote:I recomend a web comic called slighty dammed, I started to read it while waiting for the next page of TwoKinds, if you like TwoKinds you will love this comic too
At which point? I haven't followed it too long (I want to say only '08ish to present), but for the most part the forum community isn't that bad unless you do something inane like speak as though you're on Paws / /b/, or you step on a proverbial subject landmine. The IRC? I'll admit that's a bit different, but then I don't lurk the IRC too often and know that it goes through phases almost bi-monthly.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

obi-wan
Templar Master

#759 Post by obi-wan »

well I could say in favor of Slighty Damned share some similarities with TwoKinds, humor adeventure and drama, so I found it cool, gave my personal opinion

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#760 Post by judah4 »

I enjoy Slightly damned a lot(top 3) and I've never had a problem with the community. I know a few people from their forums and they are alright people. They changed forums sometime last year and since then, i haven't noticed any big things that would make the community as hateful. Also, their official IRC is the friendliest I've ever been on. And even if a community is bad, don't knock a great comic just because of that.
obi-wan wrote:well I could say in favor of Slighty Damned share some similarities with TwoKinds, humor adeventure and drama, so I found it cool, gave my personal opinion
I feel the similarities too. I actually found slightly damned through tom's deviant art. :P

obi-wan
Templar Master

#761 Post by obi-wan »

another similarities are the war Humans/keidrans in TwoKinds and Angels/Demons in Slighty damned. In both comics there is a town where enemies can be live peacefully in TwoKinds is a town called Lyn knoll in Slighty Damned is a town called Saint Curtis, Trace like Buwaro are extremely dangerous when get angry and both don't remember they past and both have a girlfriend

xamali
Grand Templar

#762 Post by xamali »

Just finished reading what's there of Faux Pas (it was pointed out by w0lfmare up some comments). Amazing, just amazing |D
Fear is not "evil". It is to know your own weakness. If you know your weakness, people can become strong as well as gentle.
2Kinds Portuguese Translation

w0lfmare
Citizen

#763 Post by w0lfmare »

xamali wrote:Just finished reading what's there of Faux Pas (it was pointed out by w0lfmare up some comments). Amazing, just amazing |D
I'm glad you liked it ^^

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#764 Post by Myperson54 »

I have discovered the beauty that is Axe Cop. It is, in essence, distilled Deus Ex Machina born from the imagination of a five-year-old-boy. Read it.
READ IT NOW.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

HeckobA
Master

#765 Post by HeckobA »

Myperson54 wrote:I have discovered the beauty that is Axe Cop. It is, in essence, distilled Deus Ex Machina born from the imagination of a five-year-old-boy. Read it.
READ IT NOW.
AXE COP wrote:WQ: "I can't control the water unless I am freed from this machine!"
AC: "This button will set you free!" *Press!*
The Water Queen got all her powers back
WC: "I'm summoning all the water on the planet to fight on your side."
This is great :mrgreen:

Also, I've found http://unsoundedcomic.com/ to be pretty cool. Good artwork too.
ImageImage
-~☼ Look! It's my Steam Profile! ☼~-