one strange cat
Citizen

#31 Post by one strange cat »

yeah i know unfortunately .....
my DA!

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#32 Post by Sage »

There's a comic that updates frequently and, though it started several months after Twokinds, has far more updates and still updates 3 times a week... :roll:

chibi
Traveler

#33 Post by chibi »

Sage wrote:There's a comic that updates frequently and, though it started several months after Twokinds, has far more updates and still updates 3 times a week... :roll:
That's impossible! I've never heard of such a comic! Stop spreading such lies! :x

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#34 Post by Sage »

chibi wrote:
Sage wrote:There's a comic that updates frequently and, though it started several months after Twokinds, has far more updates and still updates 3 times a week... :roll:
That's impossible! I've never heard of such a comic! Stop spreading such lies! :x
It's true! Just like the cake!!! It's not a lie! I had some for my birthday!

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#35 Post by Tuna »

WHAT COMIC COULD THAT BE?!?
XDD

Fatalcrash
Master
Location: Singapore, which contrary to popular belief is not actually part of China.

#36 Post by Fatalcrash »

Tuna wrote:WHAT COMIC COULD THAT BE?!?
XDD
*stares pointedly at Sage*

"The worst perdition known to man is that which is self-imposed."
--Captain Dylan Rhys

chibi
Traveler

#37 Post by chibi »

Sage wrote:
chibi wrote:
It's true! Just like the cake!!! It's not a lie! I had some for my birthday!
I didn't. The cake iiiiis a lie! :cry: (but I did get a mini apple pie...)

Dominic Deegan also is amazingly good about updating every single day. I don't know how that guy does it.

And whoever posted a link to Star Cross'd, thanks! I had forgotten it started up again. I'll have to go and read it.

one strange cat
Citizen

#38 Post by one strange cat »

i know dominic deagen is basically the only one that stays regular exept sinfest that guy is crazy everyday that i have read it he has updated!! :shock: :shock:
my DA!

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#39 Post by Sage »

Ive met Mookie from Dominic Deegan 3 times now, Nekocon, Otakon, and most recently Nekocon 2007 at the beginning of this month. So it's quite simple how he does it. He spends 4-6 hours hand drawing each comic - that he spent up to a week writing out a script for the entire "Chapter" and goes through em all doing just about everything to the letter- but adds stuff as it comes to him. He is a very talented writer (more so than artist) and he has made Dominic Deegan his full time job. He lives off of his comic and so he spends most of his time working on his comic.

His art style and the size of his drawings makes it easy for him to complete on time (though its never "easy" to get it all just right- he does it in pencil and then inks it - i didnt get a good look at the pen/markers he uses for inking).

That all ontop of him just being a really freakn cool guy. He is ridiculously nice and "upbeat"? Perky? Well sometimes...

Now- Matt and Ian (Mac Hall/Three Panel Soul), and Hawk and Anth (Apple Geeks) - well ive only met both of them once... and they seemed either very tired-- or just-- unapproachable...

one strange cat
Citizen

#40 Post by one strange cat »

wow a purely nice post from sage?? someone quick check if hell hath frozen over! just kidding thanks i never would have thought that he would go through that process and live of his comic thanks sage!
my DA!

Ashpool
Templar Master

#41 Post by Ashpool »

I envy you Sage, I want to meet Mookie. Maybe I'll get to go to a con over the summer.
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

one strange cat
Citizen

#42 Post by one strange cat »

same here!
my DA!

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#43 Post by Tuna »

Man...I wish I could draw - the webcomic artist lifestyle is one I could live with...surely tiring and tough at times, but going from con to con (LOVE cons X3), hanging out with the other cool artists...living off of your own creativity...
Nice...
8)

Fatalcrash
Master
Location: Singapore, which contrary to popular belief is not actually part of China.

#44 Post by Fatalcrash »

I think artists do have more fun than authors, but authors have a better cash-to-publications ratio.

"The worst perdition known to man is that which is self-imposed."
--Captain Dylan Rhys

unholyprankster
Traveler
Location: Somewhere where the residents hate me for no reason.

#45 Post by unholyprankster »

Ive only ever met the guys from penny arcade and the creator of RPG world and that was at the SD international comic con 2005. good clean fun there. the guys from penny arcade where nice enough. I did meet Jhonen Vasquez. Though they wanted like 5 bucks for his autographs and i was poor. :(

Also back on topic Some good Comics are sluggyfreelance http://www.sluggy.com/

Jin Wickeds "Crap I drew on my lunch break" http://crap.jinwicked.com/index.php?comic=1

Slightly Damned http://www.raizap.com/sdamned/index.php

Looking for Group http://www.lfgcomic.com/
and Girly http://www.go-girly.com/
There is no circle of life you have been lied to please report to the nearest rehabilitiation center for the new triangle of Life studies.