Other Webcomics

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Elo
Master

#16 Post by Elo »

I just wanted to tell everyone about the webcomic that I am reading and enjoy very much. The webcomic is called “Wrongside: The Beginning”, created by Amanda Payne (Woodfin). Currently, she updates the webcomic every Friday; though she can update it on Tuesdays as well depending on the amount of donations she receives.

“Wrongside: The Beginning” is actually the introduction to a later webcomic series called “Wrongside”. “Wrongside: The Beginning” features many interesting and unique anthropomorphic characters along with other human-like characters throughout the story. Speaking of the story, there are some characteristics about it I have to discuss (do not worry, I will not spoil anything). The story of “Wrongside: The Beginning” is rather deep, and is aimed to mature audiences for violence, adult situations, and adult language. It is not a gag-a-day webcomic (though independent gag strips can be created if enough donations are pooled to create one). The story so far focuses primarily on character development and gives a great amount of detail to occurring events, so that the reader will not become confused during the story. Though some readers might consider the story just coming out of its “introduction phase,” more action related comics are guaranteed later on in the story. The story seems to have just recently shown intense action. Also, the story has been increasing deeper recently, but you will have to read the webcomic to find out why. So far the story has mostly dealt much with relationships between individuals, politics, and espionage.

I kind of find it difficult where to place “Wrongside: The Beginning” in terms of what genre it fall into. Though the setting is set in a 20th century style time period (mostly in the 1930s and 1940s), elements of fantasy and science fiction are hinted in the story and in Amanda’s artwork. The story itself contains (or is going to contain) many elements of action, warfare, romance, along with a few plot twists here and there.

The artwork to “Wrongside: The Beginning” is very impressive and is currently one of my favorites. The character design seems to be one of the strongest points. Each character is unique in what they wear, say, and do in the webcomic. Some of Amanda’s artwork can be found on Deviant Art.

Overall, “Wrongside: The Beginning” is awesome. “Wrongside: The Beginning” gives offers a great story with excellent artwork. If you like stories that feature anthro/furry characters, then this is a must reader. However, even if you are not in anthropomorphic characters, you should give “Wrongside: The Beginning’s” deep story line a chance. I hope you all enjoy it.

Follow this link to see some of Amanda’s Artwork on DeviantArt…

http://ayzewi.deviantart.com/

Follow this link to check the Webcomic…

http://www.ayzewi.com/

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#17 Post by Tuna »

I'm a bit of a webcomic addict (nearly 40 bookmarked & checked daily :oops: )

Good to see some of my faves already listed!
:wink:

A few more:

- Sinfest (Religious/social commentary from a pervert's point of view)
http://www.sinfest.net/

- Applegeeks (Adventures of some Apple-loving geeks - with robot girls!)
http://www.applegeeks.com/

- Ctrl+Alt+Del (Another videogamer comic - dark, wry humor abounds!)
http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/

I'm going to stop now...before I list them all...
:mrgreen:

DarkMystic122

#18 Post by DarkMystic122 »

Jack
This has to be one of the darkest furry comics Ive ever read, but also one of the best storylines to about the struggle of souls in heaven, hell and on earth with a Reaper/Sin Demon stuck in the middle of it all. Some dark comedy is seen throughout the series and also if you dont have the stomache for some disturbing topics this isnt for the faint of mind.

Little-Gamers
One of the funniest, random, game related stuff around.

Captain SNES
Anyone remember Captain N? Well if you do you'll love how this author took his own spin of the show and made it for the SNES. The story is a huge twist itself with an plot that seems to thicken or rather gets more complex by each new event.

9th Elsewhere
This is a different comic that Ive come across, not one hundred percent adventurous but it makes you kind of reflect on your own personality as you get to learn about a new character or at least it makes me reflect on my own but hopefully those who read will enjoy.

2 Way Mirror
Its about a furry girl that goes through college but thats not all she also has this ability to go within a dream world and be able to use some of those powers within reality. (This is also how I found 2Kinds)

* BTW Tuna could you pm me your list? Im a bit of a comic junkie myself and Im trying to find something else to ad to my webcomic habits, I mean fandom.

Oblivion
Traveler

#19 Post by Oblivion »

Aleolus wrote:I suppose I should mention Las Lindas and the other two comics up on http://www.katbox.com.
hey aleolus the links broken.

DarkMystic122

#20 Post by DarkMystic122 »

I would like to add 2 more comics as well that Ive recently come across that are pretty good and Id recommend them.

I wont go into further detail about them Ill just simply say check them out and see what you think of them. ^_^

http://www.mhho.com/041/

http://www.fantasyrealmsonline.com

black_ip
Citizen
Location: Austria - The only kangaroos here are in the frigging zoo dang it!!

#21 Post by black_ip »

Just some comics I really enjoy reading but usally aren't spotted anywhere in the tops of the ranking lists.
Considering I've already far over a hundred comics saved up and regulary checked I guess I really might have a lil bit too much free time on my hands as a student ''<.<

Canis Lupus // finished

Star Cross'd Destiny

Looking for Group

Zap

Directions of Destiny

Aetheria Visio

The Way to your Heart

Namir Deiter

Misfile

Between Two Worlds

Wereworld

Mystic Revolution

Darken

Gunnerkrigg Court

Alpha Shade

Jack

Candi

Blue and Blond

Gigaville

Ashpool
Templar Master

#22 Post by Ashpool »

xkcd is an awesome comic.
Fastchapter wrote:...now the kitchen smells like summer rain and liquid poo.

one strange cat
Citizen

#23 Post by one strange cat »

you got to read Saturday morning breakfast cereal
and gone with the blast wave as well as
zebra girl
my DA!

Tails47
Traveler

#24 Post by Tails47 »

Hmmmm... I read:

-Rh Junior webcomics

-The White-board

-Faux Pas

-Sabrina online

-Lang-Lang
"Life is not measured by the numbered of breaths we take... But by the number of times that take our breath away..."

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#25 Post by Tuna »

It's a good thing that Lang Lang has finally continued updating, huh? I missed that comic!
:3

Tails47
Traveler

#26 Post by Tails47 »

Tuna wrote:It's a good thing that Lang Lang has finally continued updating, huh? I missed that comic!
Lol, Yes it is =^_^=, though im a bit confused... is Zhu's boyfriend a kangaroo?
"Life is not measured by the numbered of breaths we take... But by the number of times that take our breath away..."

catldr24
Only a LITTLE Sadistic

#27 Post by catldr24 »

Lang lang is updating now?

D=

*runs off to catch up*

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#28 Post by Tuna »

Tails47 wrote:
Tuna wrote:It's a good thing that Lang Lang has finally continued updating, huh? I missed that comic!
Lol, Yes it is =^_^=, though im a bit confused... is Zhu's boyfriend a kangaroo?
*Goes to the cast page to double check on Joey*
Nope - he's your standard Wolfboy...

...even though I can see how his name might be misleading...
XD

one strange cat
Citizen

#29 Post by one strange cat »

zebra girl
this one
vgcats
post nuke
gone with the blast wave
saturday morning breakfast cereal
snafu comics
last blood
sam and fuzzy
least i could do
looking for group
wasted talent
chicken nation
darken
god mode
sore thumbs
dr mc ninja
jungle fire
sinfest
slightly damned
dueling analogs
fanboy
penny arcade
rtpm
dominic deagen
alien loves predator
press start to play
digital unrest
charby the vampire
brathalla
comedity
obscure zodiac
heros inc
those are all the webcomics i read and have read there are more i just cant remember right now
my DA!

Tuna
tunatunatunatuna

#30 Post by Tuna »

^ I used to read a lot of those you listed...but quite a few are long-dead now...
<<;