Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets

#1 Post by Cyon »

Oh my gosh this movie! Just came out of the cinema and am still blown away. Anyone else seen it yet?
If not, do go as soon as possible, can't recommend it enough despite what you might have heard otherwise.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets

#2 Post by Insomniac »

I'd heard it's beautiful, but a dumpster fire, but a beautiful dumpster fire. I'd heard Valerian and Laureline are insufferably annoying and constantly bickering. I'd heard that Valerian is turned from a charismatic badass in the comic, to a scowling almost edgelord who very much looks like one most of the time in the movie...Is any of this not true?
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Cyon
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Valerian And The City Of A Thousand Planets

#3 Post by Cyon »

Insomniac wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:20 am I'd heard it's beautiful, but a dumpster fire, but a beautiful dumpster fire. I'd heard Valerian and Laureline are insufferably annoying and constantly bickering. I'd heard that Valerian is turned from a charismatic badass in the comic, to a scowling almost edgelord who very much looks like one most of the time in the movie...Is any of this not true?
At some points at the start yes, but I didn't see it as having to be taken seriously as much as ironically. However, I did find the parts they had to cooperate together to get out of harm's way very well made, so I don't know how "constant" the bickering you mention was made out to be.
Who even looks at signatures anyways?

Multitasking is just a way to be less efficient at two different things simultaneously

Furcode: FCWp5ad A- C->+ D H+ M- P? R++ T++ W? Z- Sm# RL- a- cl++ d+ e- f h* i++ j? p- sm-