Bright

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Bright

#1 Post by Insomniac »

From the director of End of Watch. I AM HYPE RIGHT NOW. SO HYPE. It looks like End of Watch meets Shadowrun. SO HYPE! Netflix exclusive, with a release date of December 22nd. Looks like Netflix is looking to compete with Star Wars this December.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Jonesy
Templar Master

Re: Bright

#2 Post by Jonesy »

That... actually looks pretty good. I don't know if it's 100% what I'd look for in terms of a Shadowrun-esque modern fantasy (can't say I do many comedy-heavy buddy-cop movies), but it seems to have enough going for it to be worth a shot.

Really like the idea of a 'diversity quota' orc police officer, too. I'm sure it'll be compared to Zootopia, but it makes sense based on what we've seen of the setting.

Edit: "Coming to Netflix December 22th"? Go home, Netflix, you're drunk.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

Re: Bright

#3 Post by Insomniac »

Looks like more action heavy with some humor than comedy heavy. Seems to have a very end of watch feel to it, which is fitting given the director. I loved End of Watch, so I'm sure I'm gonna love this.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.