Cars 3

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Cars 3

#1 Post by jacobc62 »

[video]https://youtu.be/E4K7JgPJ8-s[/video]

Disney/Pixar dropped the Cars 3 Teaser Trailer.....

..... After the disaster that was Cars 2, could Pixar surprise us with a better Cars movie? If this trailer is anyt to go by, then one can certainly hope.

Things to note:
-SAFER (Steel And Foam Energy Reduction) Barriers line the entire track in the trailer, mirroring modern-day NASCAR tracks....
-Lightning McQueen has his bolt-to-flames scheme, similar to the one he had in Cars 2.....
-New rookies which look more like a Daytona Prototype touring car than a Stock-Car.....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

MoonSticks
Master

Re: Cars 3

#2 Post by MoonSticks »

I quite liked the first 2 so I have high hopes for this one, hopefully we see an Incredibles 2 at some point aswell |D
|D :heart: MOMMY MOON :heart: |D

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

STOP FEEDING ME MARSBARS!...

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#3 Post by Nuff »

Pixar plz no

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Vintage »

Didn't expect that to be so dramatic.

Also didn't see Cars 2, partially because I wasn't really interested and people told me it wasn't that good.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#5 Post by Myperson54 »

Pixar used to look at an object or a creature or a concept and make us consider it from another perspective. Perhaps toys really are alive, just not when we're looking at them. What would a bar for ants look like? What does the monster under your bed or in your closet do the other 23 hours of the day? What happens to a washed-up superhero with a boring home life?

Cars was honestly never a fantastic movie on its own and in my opinion, not great from the perspective of Pixar as a storyteller, but it at least had a certain charm, a twist that made it worth watching. What happens when you take the fastest car and slow him down? Cars 2 on the other hand... And now a third, each with less and less of that Pixar charm that made them who they are today.

It's a trend I've noticed, and it may just be me, but their movies are becoming not bad, but less Pixar-like. This isn't a good sign to me.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#6 Post by Nuff »

Myperson54 wrote:Pixar used to look at an object or a creature or a concept and make us consider it from another perspective. Perhaps toys really are alive, just not when we're looking at them. What would a bar for ants look like? What does the monster under your bed or in your closet do the other 23 hours of the day? What happens to a washed-up superhero with a boring home life?

Cars was honestly never a fantastic movie on its own and in my opinion, not great from the perspective of Pixar as a storyteller, but it at least had a certain charm, a twist that made it worth watching. What happens when you take the fastest car and slow him down? Cars 2 on the other hand... And now a third, each with less and less of that Pixar charm that made them who they are today.

It's a trend I've noticed, and it may just be me, but their movies are becoming not bad, but less Pixar-like. This isn't a good sign to me.
They have to make movies to shift merc for Disney every now and then. Cars seems to be that movie collection and they will keep using it for the time being. Truth be told, so long as they keep making other great movies inbetween like Inside Out then I don't care all that much because one can always dodge this [censored] pile.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#7 Post by Myperson54 »

Nuff wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:Pixar used to look at an object or a creature or a concept and make us consider it from another perspective. Perhaps toys really are alive, just not when we're looking at them. What would a bar for ants look like? What does the monster under your bed or in your closet do the other 23 hours of the day? What happens to a washed-up superhero with a boring home life?

They have to make movies to shift merc for Disney every now and then. Cars seems to be that movie collection and they will keep using it for the time being. Truth be told, so long as they keep making other great movies inbetween like Inside Out then I don't care all that much because one can always dodge this [censored] pile.
Fair enough. I think part of it is also the sequel effect, although Toy Story dodged that pretty well and got good sequels. Hopefully Incredibles 2 gets a good one as well.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!