Tensions with Russia

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

Tensions with Russia

#1 Post by Akira110 »

As those of you who are paying attention to politics, there are political tensions, extreme political tensions between the United States and Russia over Syria. As we all know, one of our political candidates is calling for a No-Fly Zone in Syria, which by the way means boots on the ground and a potential conflict or straight up war against Russia. After spending the last few weeks listening to everyone scream about how the nuclear holocaust is going to come out, I want to know y'alls opinion on the situation and please remain civil and refrain from just screaming out, "The end is coming, the nukes are going to be unleashed." If you honestly do believe that the world would end over this, at least give something to support this.

Look, for my opinion, if a war does break out, it's going to remain conventional. Horrific, bloody, but conventional. Because both sides are trying to get oil and irradiated land sort of is useless for a pipeline.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Tensions with Russia

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

They won't be throwing nukes at the areas where they'll be getting oil. Maybe if one side is decisively losing they'll say "[censored] you, nobody gets oil then", but otherwise I would think nukes would be closer to home.

I dunno about war with Russia because of Syria. Seems pretty freaking bogus to me that we're even struggling so much with this area still. But now it seems like if it's become such a America vs Russia thing, then the second Cold War is coming on full swing. That is, satellite fights and not direct war.

However perhaps America will just directly go to war with Russia. I don't see why we need to do that, however. Putin isn't looking for war with the U.S.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Him »

Nuclear war is a highly unlikely event from a super-power such as Russia and the United States. Normal semi conventional war on the other hand is a real possibility. Though I want to say it won't happen.

ReBob
Council Member

#4 Post by ReBob »

I'm sick of us fighting Russia over everything. We need to stop it and also stop interfering with everyone else and then getting mad when someone else wants to do the same thing.

If we do war with Russia, I expect it'll be ground skirmishes in Syria and the surrounding areas of the middle East. Which will kill about 12% of my brain cells from how stupid it'll be.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#5 Post by Akira110 »

I'm surprised at how civil this has remained and I do like the indepth thoughts that y'all are putting into the situation.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.