From DJ Omni with lots of Wub

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Razmoudah
Merchant

Re: From DJ Omni with lots of Wub

#1 Post by Razmoudah »

It's not bad, but the electronic overtones are too heavy for the games setting.

Now, as for requests.......with how well you did with that one (as the piece itself is good, it just doesn't mesh with the setting) I wouldn't mind hearing you do a few Metroid remixes. I'll let you pick the title and piece, but to me some of the BGMs for several of the Metroid titles could've used more changing up as the game progressed to properly mesh with the mood.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

Razmoudah
Merchant

#2 Post by Razmoudah »

You based that one on the original NES version, not when you fight him in Metroid 3: Super Metroid or the GBA remake Metroid: Zero Mission. There were a couple of distinct changes in the others. You've got some very good skills there, and I noticed that this time you didn't have a heavy electronica overtone (the reason I challenged you to Metroid is because the classic titles it would fit well with the original pieces and the sci-fi setting would mesh with it well for the newer titles). It is going to take me a while to come up with something to challenge you with now, but that just means that you've got the skills for me to be happy with most of what you'll do semi-casually.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

Razmoudah
Merchant

#3 Post by Razmoudah »

Well, if you're willing to attempt anything then how about remixes of three of the different Chocobo theme songs from the Final Fantasy series? Let's go with FFV and FFVII as two of them and I'll leave the third choice up to you. You will be very hard pressed to impress me with anything there as there have only been a couple of those songs that I haven't loved, and I'm assigning you two of my top favorites from that selection (also, I rarely play favorites, unless it's different versions of the same thing, so this is an extreme challenge for you).

What I was planning to do was take a day or two to pick around through my game library and see if I could pick out a specific song that would work with the skills you have demonstrated while also pushing you to do something new, but you asked for a short notice challenge so this is what you're getting. Just think of yourself as being treated like Ichigo Kurosake, but in music instead of life-or-death combat.

ImageImageImageImage

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by kiabugboy »

i shall play this battle theme every time i charge forward with my nope army
or when someone gets too close to my sewer domains.

seriously though, thank you so much Schradieck |D
i don't know why, but the music kinda reminds me of the bug attack scene in Nausicaa of the valley of the wind.a much more hell-ish version of it :P

i'm not really an expert in music but so far i like it , definitely fits as a theme song
i wonder if it's possible to mix this with creepy bug sounds like a wasp buzzing or the sounds of bugs crawling in a swarm

again, thank you so much man, you're awesome :mrgrin:

Razmoudah
Merchant

#5 Post by Razmoudah »

Army of Nopes has too strong of a bass beat in it for me, but otherwise it isn't bad. The Pokemon Gym Battle remix is good, though the bass is still a bit much just after a song like Army of Nopes. Well, for me anyhow, but heavy bass triggers migraines for me, so for other people it could be just fine.

ImageImageImageImage

BasettLord
Citizen

#6 Post by BasettLord »

I can't find Bassitoria on YouTube, even when I went to your chanel, is it not there?
I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind...

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.
:potatoes: :potatoes: :potatoes:

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#7 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

BasettLord wrote:I can't find Bassitoria on YouTube, even when I went to your chanel, is it not there?
You can play the video here and on the bottom right corner of the player, click the Youtube button and it will take you to the Youtube page

BasettLord
Citizen

#8 Post by BasettLord »

I know that I can play it here, just did. It's nice, light and bouncy. I just want bragging rights. I want to say "hey guys have you heard my official song on youtube?" On play it straight off there. It's good whatever the location though, and thank you a lot schradieck.
I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind...

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.
:potatoes: :potatoes: :potatoes:

DarkTheImmortal
Overlord of Space & Time
Location: Somewhere between life, death, and a grilled cheese sandwich.

#9 Post by DarkTheImmortal »

BasettLord wrote:I know that I can play it here, just did. It's nice, light and bouncy. I just want bragging rights. I want to say "hey guys have you heard my official song on youtube?" On play it straight off there. It's good whatever the location though, and thank you a lot schradieck.
What I mean is to get to the thing on youtube, you just need the link. Unlisted videos are not private, but you do need the link to see it. what I said was a way to view it on youtube, and in turn get the link. Or you can just quote the post it was in and get the link from the code.

Samantaz
Master

#10 Post by Samantaz »

I kinda like Bassitoria ! Nice one Schradieck !
For a Space Dragon from Mars, i can't listen it as a "normal" song, but i think it'd fit perfectly for a space/vessel level in a 2D platform game :D

Oh, and you won a youtube sub ;)
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy