David Bowie Passes Away at 69

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Akira110
Literary Artist

David Bowie Passes Away at 69

#1 Post by Akira110 »

http://www.edition.cnn.com/2016/01/11/e ... index.html

I have no words to say, except that we've lost a legendary artist in music. I... can't stop crying.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: David Bowie Passes Away at 69

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

I was never that big of a fan, but I was always reminded of his influence on the world of music and otherwise. As many other popular artists, I loved his top hits (Space Oddity and the like) but yeah I couldn't name any of his other songs.

His death seems so sudden, even if we apparently knew it was coming (I didn't even know he was fighting). It is unfortunate to lose such an eccentric artist.

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by TheMouse »

Sad mouse is sad. I'll miss the Goblin King.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Vintage »

That came as a complete surprise to me. I didn't believe the title when I first saw it. Music has lost a hero.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

I came home from Maine yesterday. The day before that, his music was on the radio, talking about how he had just turned 69 and had released a new album on his birthday...

I can only regret that I will never see him perform live. We'll miss you.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Insomniac »

Released an album on his 69th birthday while fighting cancer, just a couple days before dying to it. He wasn't the greatest musician or actor, but he was pretty cool. All hail the Goblin King, suckas!

*downs a pint of mead and a shot of 190 proof grain alcohol...then a lot more mead to wash the vile taste away*
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#7 Post by Schrodinger »

The man who fell to Earth has returned home.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

trantor
Apprentice

#8 Post by trantor »

He was really a great musican and artist with much influence to the music in the 70's/80's

I liked many of his old songs and especially his music videos were real art.

But to be true....I cried more as Lemmy died. He was a real rebel gave 110% to his fans and rock music until the end. (;_;)