Batman v Superman

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Batman v Superman

#1 Post by Insomniac »

Did we really not have a thread for Batman v Superman yet? ...Good. There are no words to express my confused fanboy rage. WTF IS ZACK SNYDER DOING?!
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Batman v Superman

#2 Post by Bellhead »

:shock: Oooookay, then. At least the special effects look decent. I might see this if it was a double feature with something else I wanted to see.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Zylver »

I think this trailer just spoiled a LOT of the film's plot :P
Still, the movie looks very promising to a Justice League lead-up :)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#4 Post by The Rookie »

One thing I've yet to see anyone comment on is those flying things in the desert. From the split second of footage we have, they seem like Parademons.

Maybe there will be a small arch dedicated to Darkside ? Not him appearing on screen, but maybe Bats/Supes accidentally stumbles across a few of his scouts on Earth while they were looking for each other.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

Is it just me or did Zack Snyder totally blow his load and reveal every act of the movie before it's even released?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#7 Post by Insomniac »

The Rookie wrote:One thing I've yet to see anyone comment on is those flying things in the desert. From the split second of footage we have, they seem like Parademons.

Maybe there will be a small arch dedicated to Darkside ? Not him appearing on screen, but maybe Bats/Supes accidentally stumbles across a few of his scouts on Earth while they were looking for each other.
Darkseid. And I hope not, this movie looks bloated enough already. Seriously, it's like freakin' Spiderman 3 all over again.
Schrodinger wrote:Is it just me or did Zack Snyder totally blow his load and reveal every act of the movie before it's even released?
Yes, yes he did. See also Angry Joe's reaction to the latest trailer.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#8 Post by Schrodinger »

Insomniac wrote:
Schrodinger wrote:Is it just me or did Zack Snyder totally blow his load and reveal every act of the movie before it's even released?
No, I stopped watching that howling chimp a long time ago. But I can surmise he didn't like the trailer.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#9 Post by Nuff »

Schrodinger wrote:
Insomniac wrote:
No, I stopped watching that howling chimp a long time ago. But I can surmise he didn't like the trailer.
good man

on another note this film looks look it's going to be utter [censored], much like all the superman efforts in recent memory, such a shame he's gonna be dragging Batman down his [censored] spiral at the same time.

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#10 Post by Welsh halfwit »

Nuff wrote:on another note this film looks look it's going to be utter [censored], much like all the superman efforts in recent memory, such a shame he's gonna be dragging Batman down his [censored] spiral at the same time.
It might be good. It all depends on scale. The scale of the fighting in 'Man of Steel' was so massive it became "Meh".
Compare that to this two sections of a fight in the animated movie Superman/Batman - Apocalypse (SuperGirl's section goes in midway)

Section 1 & 3 https://youtu.be/JLGRkYYmJgQ
Section 2. https://youtu.be/WcAOYxccpE0

It's a hell of a fight but the scale is smaller and the music better. It seems far more involving than Man of Steel's final battle somehow.

And anyone else reckon Batty has to break Luthors control over Supes?
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Zylver »

Youtube offered me a video titled as "Everything wrong [...] Trailer 2"... I didn't have to watch it because the whole plot of the film was revealed in that trailer :?
Did these guys seriously mean this to be a trailer?

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#12 Post by Welsh halfwit »

Zylver wrote:Youtube offered me a video titled as "Everything wrong [...] Trailer 2"... I didn't have to watch it because the whole plot of the film was revealed in that trailer :?
Did these guys seriously mean this to be a trailer?
It's an annoying habit nowadays. From the trailer I can guess something's very wrong with Superman.
Spoiler!
Luthor is probably controlling him in some way and Batman is fighting to free him.
I didn't really need to know that. We also get what brought Bats out of retirement, lots of nods to Batman - The Dark Knight Returns, Wonder Woman pulling a surprise new move - which will no longer surprise anyone - and lots of other bits which would be iconic in the movie if they weren't now trailer fodder.
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#13 Post by Schrodinger »

Well it's out and landing with a dull thud. Getting more than was projected at the box office but time will tell if it needs the one billion dollars needed to justify continuing the Dawn of Justice.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Ketzal »

Schrodinger wrote: No, I stopped watching that howling chimp a long time ago. But I can surmise he didn't like the trailer.
Ouch. Kinda harsh, don'tcha think? I actually like the commentary and thoughts he gives when analyzing video games. Don't really pay attention to his movie reviews though.

As for the movie itself, this never really looked interesting to me. I liked the premise, but as time went on it looks more and more like they're trying to put too much in (they already have a new Batman, what's with Wonder Woman suddenly appearing?!)

Also, who the hell thought Scott Pilgrim should be Lex Luthor? I'm not ragging on the actor himself, but a Michael Keaton-as-Batman situation this does NOT look to be...

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#15 Post by The Rookie »

So has anyone here actually seen the film yet?

So far all I've got to go on is the ever growing crowd of people saying that the film was overly serious and suffered from too many sub plots syndrome.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.