Paris Attacks

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Paris Attacks

#1 Post by The Rookie »

Paris is currently under siege by an unknown amount of armed jihadist terrorist who have yet to be identified. Speculation is that these are ISIS supporters, although that hasn't been confirmed as of yet.

Currently their have been 6 separate shootings, 3 explosions across the city, with the deaths calculated to be between 40 and 60 individuals with another 100 hostages being held at a local theatre. Text coming from inside have reported that several people have been taken one by one to be executed in front of the remaining hostages.

Truly this is a dark day for Paris, and for those with friends and family inside France. Our hopes and prayers go out to those experiencing this tragedy.

Edit: The death toll is believed to be around 140. Such a tragic loss of life.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Paris Attacks

#2 Post by TinyVoices »

The Rookie wrote:Edit: The death toll is believed to be around 140. Such a tragic loss of life.
And steadily climbing. This [censored] is scary.

I can't think of much to say that is coherent. This needs to end.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Vintage »

I only heard about what happened when I got home around 10 minutes ago. What a [censored] heinous atrocity. To think that these attacks are extremely coordinated and resulted in over 100 deaths so far is very shocking, concerning and horrid for everyone, involved or not. Luckily they've already killed 5 of the [censored].
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#4 Post by FrogSteaks »

It sickens me to read the news coming out of Paris today. The sheer level of violence, the needless loss of life, it's absolutely horrifying. I can only hope everyone is doing well over there. Please stay safe out there guys.
Luckily they've already killed 5 of the [censored].
Some of them killed themselves. The explosion outside the Bataclan concert venue was a suicide blast. I think one of the explosions outside the soccer stadium was one as well.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

Zylver
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Zylver »

Got the news today morning from my flatmate and my must say: this is not a good year for France... first Charlie Hebdo, then the train accident, after that the German air plane disaster and now this... can't figure it out why all these things are happening with France :?

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus