USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Who do you want to be president of the United States in the 2016 elections?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Donald Trump of the Republican Party
25%
Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party
25%
Jill Stein of the Green Party
25%
Gary Johnson of the Liberation Party
25%

Total votes: 20

Phaing
Master

Re: USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

#316 Post by Phaing »

JediGuy wrote:I've been nervous about this thread since it popped up...
You have been nervous since last June? :shock:
Just relax, and think of Halloween!

Errmmm...or maybe not, but think of the Parties instead, right?

I was about to say that we shouldn't get out of hand, this is a comic site and everyone is cool... but things are getting more nasty than ever this year. I wonder why?
Maybe everything on TV has subliminal messages in it that are driving everyone crazy?
Yeah, that's a long-shot, but it could also be a good excuse to avoid watching the freaking News for the next three weeks. :wink:
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Akira110
Literary Artist

#317 Post by Akira110 »

Phaing wrote:
JediGuy wrote:I've been nervous about this thread since it popped up...
You have been nervous since last June? :shock:
Just relax, and think of Halloween!

Errmmm...or maybe not, but think of the Parties instead, right?

I was about to say that we shouldn't get out of hand, this is a comic site and everyone is cool... but things are getting more nasty than ever this year. I wonder why?
Maybe everything on TV has subliminal messages in it that are driving everyone crazy?
Yeah, that's a long-shot, but it could also be a good excuse to avoid watching the freaking News for the next three weeks. :wink:
Honestly my opinion hasn't changed since I was 15. I'm just dealing with people constantly screaming, "You're not voting!? That means you're helping Trump." In my ear. People who don't listen to the fact that I'm not voting because honestly, I dislike both candidates and the one that I actually did like is no longer available. That's why I'm honestly nasty when regarding this subject.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Phaing
Master

#318 Post by Phaing »

Akira110 wrote: I'm just dealing with people constantly screaming, "You're not voting!? That means you're helping Trump." In my ear. ...
My favorite answer to that would be "Bring it up one more time and I WILL."
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#319 Post by Bellhead »

To everyone who's not voting, here's an idea:

Write-in Bernie Sanders. At the very least, you'll support a candidate that can help, instead of not supporting anyone.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

ReBob
Council Member

#320 Post by ReBob »

Bellhead wrote:To everyone who's not voting, here's an idea:

Write-in Bernie Sanders. At the very least, you'll support a candidate that can help, instead of not supporting anyone.
No.

I don't like him, mainly because his magic plan of free everything, not raising taxes for anyone but the wealthy, and expecting business to not be driven further out or into the ground is out of a children's cartoon with how whimsical it is. I doubt it would work at all and I'm not willing to support someone whose policies and politics I'm so opposite of. At least with Johnson I'll maybe get some states rights moving forward even though he's pretty similar I think.

I'd have preferred Austin Peterson or Rand Paul. Popular vote is a joke anyway. 8)
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#321 Post by foxlord »

Bellhead wrote:To everyone who's not voting, here's an idea:

You've convinced me. I'm either voting Bernie or Stein then. Johnson's still a fool to me and the other two are trash.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#322 Post by HugMePlz »

As an obvious reminder to everyone: Only four more days until Election Day, get ready to feel the bern! (Get it? Because Bernie Sander is not the Democratic nominee?... no? Okay.....)

i lurk

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#323 Post by Bellhead »

Already voted, because early voting. Wrote him in, because seeing Trump on the ballot was thoroughly scary. Like, Terminator-In-Real-Life levels of scary.

I honestly was NOT expecting that. I mean, I expected him to BE there, but seeing it..
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Phaing
Master

#324 Post by Phaing »

Bellhead wrote:Already voted, because early voting. Wrote him in,...
Bernie? For real?
Brave of you, honestly, I would buy you a drink if I were there.

But I have to wonder... even if millions of people do it, would the Media even admit it?
Those people are owned, and not even in the cute way...

-George Bernard Shaw

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#325 Post by Bellhead »

Phaing wrote:
Bellhead wrote:Already voted, because early voting. Wrote him in,...
Bernie? For real?
Brave of you, honestly, I would buy you a drink if I were there.

But I have to wonder... even if millions of people do it, would the Media even admit it?
Those people are owned, and not even in the cute way...
Thanks, but I don't drink. :wink:

Anyway, I bet they'd admit it if he somehow beat out one of the main candidates in the popular vote. They'd have to. It'd be the first time, wouldn't it?

Akira110
Literary Artist

#326 Post by Akira110 »

Bernie Sanders isn't a write in option in the state of Georgia. We actually do have write-in vote laws. I was planning on writing him in, but considering he's not an option, I have very little choice but to write in Jill Stein.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Phaing
Master

#327 Post by Phaing »

Akira110 wrote:Bernie Sanders isn't a write in option in the state of Georgia. We actually do have write-in vote laws. I was planning on writing him in, but considering he's not an option, I have very little choice but to write in Jill Stein.
Why would you have to writer her in? She should be on the ballot, one of the 4 options.

Jeez... what kind of a place is Georgia, anyway?

-George Bernard Shaw

Akira110
Literary Artist

#328 Post by Akira110 »

Phaing wrote:
Akira110 wrote:Bernie Sanders isn't a write in option in the state of Georgia. We actually do have write-in vote laws. I was planning on writing him in, but considering he's not an option, I have very little choice but to write in Jill Stein.
Why would you have to writer her in? She should be on the ballot, one of the 4 options.

Jeez... what kind of a place is Georgia, anyway?
I could spend all day long listing all the [censored] parts of Georgia and spend about 45 seconds listing all the good parts of this place. I've lived here my entire life, can't imagine living anywhere else, but Georgia sucks.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#329 Post by HugMePlz »

Does anyone happen to have an election countdown for me to post on the OP?

i lurk

Akira110
Literary Artist

#330 Post by Akira110 »

HugMePlz wrote:Does anyone happen to have an election countdown for me to post on the OP?
http://www.270towin.com/2016-countdown-clock/ Will this be adequate?

Edit: It looks like by casting my vote, I have broke a three way tie.