USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Who do you want to be president of the United States in the 2016 elections?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Donald Trump of the Republican Party
25%
Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party
25%
Jill Stein of the Green Party
25%
Gary Johnson of the Liberation Party
25%

Total votes: 20

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

#376 Post by Schrodinger »

What was it the spider said to the fly...

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#377 Post by HugMePlz »

All relevance of this thread is done for.

To prevent any further aftershock between Trump & Hiliary Supporters, I am asking a moderator to close this thread.

Here are my thoughts on Trump's unexpected election:
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNi9FgqM1Io[/video]

i lurk

Locke357
Grand Templar

#378 Post by Locke357 »

Just wanted to post some thoughts as an observing Canadian...

I was really inspired by Bernie Sander's principles and plans, and was utterly dismayed for such a lacklustre candidate as Hillary to take the nomination. I've long felt that the American two-party system is flawed, and have learned in my academic studies that regardless of which party is in power, the nation is governed largely the same way (sure there are dividing issues but in the grand scheme of things the status quo is maintained). Seeing the candidates for the election, a corrupt lukewarm democrat versus a hate-mongering republican, I felt that neither was a sane choice.

I was shocked to see the results of the election, as the closer the time came the more convinced I was that a candidate representing xenophobia and misogyny could not win. I've come to realize that this does not mean that America is simply chock-full of racists and sexists (though those issues are alive and well) but rather Trump's election speaks to the desperate desire of Americans for change.

I am hopeful that this desire for change on both side of the political spectrum leads to an American people united in their efforts to improve their country for everyone. Speaking from sincere concern for marginalized groups in America I hope that this will not usher in a period of minority scapegoating and expulsion reminiscent of the dark period of Fascism from the last century.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#379 Post by Akira110 »

After this election, I've decided that I'm going to become part of a new political party. [censored] all this [censored] that's been going on.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.