USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Who do you want to be president of the United States in the 2016 elections?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Donald Trump of the Republican Party
25%
Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party
25%
Jill Stein of the Green Party
25%
Gary Johnson of the Liberation Party
25%

Total votes: 20

Akira110
Literary Artist

Re: USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

#301 Post by Akira110 »

I don't care who wins, I'll probably be dead from liver failure anyhow.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#302 Post by Bellhead »

From the last debate, I have heard of two separate people saying "He's SOO STUPID. I just might have to vote for Hillary."

I might have to watch that debate. Sounds entertaining.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#303 Post by Nuff »

I'll leave this here. See what you lot make of it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRj6x1jHuU[/video]

SirJahar
Grand Templar

#304 Post by SirJahar »

I want to vote for Gary... but since it looks like he's pulling back... Trump MUST NOT win.
I'm sorry! I feel like I'm forced to vote Clinton.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#305 Post by Akira110 »

Look, I'm going to lay down some truth for you guys. We live in an Oligarchy that gives the illusion of a Republic that gives the illusion of a Democracy. Look at any decision from the 80s onward, almost none of it was influenced by what the people wanted, but the political elites? Near perfect correlation. Source 1 Source 2.

Now even if we were not an Oligarchy, our vote means next to nothing, because the popular vote isn't what gets someone into the presidency. The Electoral College's vote does, and all we do is vote on our Electors. Who by the way, might I add... can vote against the will of the people, and while there are some state laws that will prevent this, the constitution does not. Source 3.

Now while I have not gone through the wikileaks dump on any of the candidates myself, there are many, many people that I follow on twitter that do. From what I saw from them, no one is the candidate of the people. You have a candidate that is of, for, and by the rich and wealthy, who is buddy buddy with Wall Street and the Military Industrial Complex AND the Media. The other choice is a complete [censored] buffoon. And this whole media control will not allow third party candidates to get any traction in this election.

Now to give MY opinion on this election, everyone is so graciously being given a gun with a single bullet in it and told, "Right or left foot." The majority of people are going to pick a foot to fire that bullet into, then while they're wincing in pain, they're going to scream and yell at the people who chose to toss that thing away and then later say, "You didn't choose to shoot yourself, you don't get to complain!" And by the way, one more thing, the whole Nader thing is [censored]. 27,000 Florida democrats voted for Ralph Nader. 200,000 to 300,000 Florida Democrats voted for Dubya.

All of this is why I'm choosing to drink, heavily, on November 8th, instead of going out and partaking in the system that has been screwing me since the day I was born.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#306 Post by Bellhead »

So, I have not heard any real proof of this, but apparently there's a movement to write in Bernie Sanders.

I'll have to look into this. If that's actually the case, and it's got enough of a pull, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Spoiler!
But if not, TRUMP MUST NOT WIN. He's a racist, sexist, nationalist talker, not a do-er, who has no solid ideas about race issues, class issues, the economy, war abroad, or even what it means to live in this country.

And if that means electing Hillary Clinton as president of the United States next month, so friggin' be it. Her, we can at least deal with.
That said, Bernie actually knows what's wrong WITHIN our borders, more than any candidate currently running, from race, to gender, to minimum wage.
And, if he's really out, I've heard that Hillary has adopted some of his ideals, which can't be bad.

Rant over. Thanks for listening.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

foxlord
Elder foxy

#307 Post by foxlord »

Bellhead wrote:So, I have not heard any real proof of this, but apparently there's a movement to write in Bernie Sanders.

I'll have to look into this. If that's actually the case, and it's got enough of a pull, I'd do that in a heartbeat.
Spoiler!
But if not, TRUMP MUST NOT WIN. He's a racist, sexist, nationalist talker, not a do-er, who has no solid ideas about race issues, class issues, the economy, war abroad, or even what it means to live in this country.

And if that means electing Hillary Clinton as president of the United States next month, so friggin' be it. Her, we can at least deal with.
That said, Bernie actually knows what's wrong WITHIN our borders, more than any candidate currently running, from race, to gender, to minimum wage.
And, if he's really out, I've heard that Hillary has adopted some of his ideals, which can't be bad.

I don't believe that for a second. Hillary has no soul, she's a serpent and is just doing whatever she can to win. She doesn't give one fig about any of us, we're nothing to her. Trump's the same way, hence why I'm not voting for either of them.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

FrogSteaks
Grand Templar

#308 Post by FrogSteaks »

Bellhead wrote:So, I have not heard any real proof of this, but apparently there's a movement to write in Bernie Sanders.

Spoiler!

Regardless if there's a 'movement' or not, I'm probably gonna write in Bernie's name anyway. He's a hell of a lot better than the other two knuckleheads.

I can't help but feel like we should just start this whole campaign over. Bring back all the candidates from both sides (save of course Dumb and Dumber) and let's just take it from the top.
You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. -Wayne Gretzky

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#309 Post by TinyVoices »

I honestly don't even want Halloween to happen this year. With everything that's gone on this past year, I'm plenty scared as is, and I don't see being scared as being all that fun anymore.

I don't care who wins.

I think I still feel the same way about all involved. Sanders was the only good Democratic nominee, as Clinton is just a load of conspiracy and oligarchy rather than any kind of operational democracy. Trump is an idiot, but I still feel as though this is all a show and that he's just in the race to make Clinton look good enough to win.

I'm not sure whether I'll vote for Clinton or Stein. Since I just don't feel like Trump can win, and even if he does I'd love to see everyone who wanted to suck his nuggets to see the flaws in their logic when he [censored] up hardcore... I just don't care.

I just want the election to be over.

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#310 Post by Vintage »

I'm just afraid to vote at all. I think that Sanders would've been perfect if he stayed in the election, but I'm worried the democratic vote will be split between people who write him in and Clinton.

It just seems like a split would give Trump more of an advantage. The way I see it, Clinton is better than Trump, but the things she's done in the past are definitely questionable.
Spoiler!
[video]https://youtu.be/8StG4fFWHqg[/video]

"Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right - here I am. Stuck in the middle with you."
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Phaing
Master

#311 Post by Phaing »

Nuff wrote:I'll leave this here. See what you lot make of it.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtRj6x1jHuU[/video]
I have already seen that, and it's a good one. All of you that are saying "NEVER TRUMP" ought to watch it, if your convictions are not based on believing everything you see on TV.

And I;m not kidding. This latest Bimbo eruption is so obviously false that its just fodder for people who want to believe it... and ignore everything from Wikileaks all of a sudden.

Look, we KNOW what we would be getting with Hillary, screwed, robbed and lied to 24/7.
At least with Trump, there is room for optimism. Random chance has to work in our favor once in a while, right?

On other thing; Trump is the only candidate that the media is willing to hold accountable, for anything.
That alone means a lot, to me.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

foxlord
Elder foxy

#312 Post by foxlord »

FrogSteaks wrote:

Spoiler!

Regardless if there's a 'movement' or not, I'm probably gonna write in Bernie's name anyway. He's a hell of a lot better than the other two knuckleheads.

I can't help but feel like we should just start this whole campaign over. Bring back all the candidates from both sides (save of course Dumb and Dumber) and let's just take it from the top.
I'm right there with ya mate. Screw Dumb and Dumber. Bernie, Stein, or stay home and watch it all implode. I just can't. Not with these two.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#313 Post by TinyVoices »

Not sure if this is inherently campaign relevant, but it is Clinton relevant.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DcATG9Qy_A[/video]

Pretty much CNN saying that it's illegal for people to read the wikileaks things, but the media is somehow above the law in that regard. Kinda Big Brother like...

Phaing
Master

#314 Post by Phaing »

TinyVoices wrote:...
Pretty much CNN saying that it's illegal for people to read the wikileaks things, but the media is somehow above the law in that regard. Kinda Big Brother like...
More like Big Brother's inbreed 1st cousin...

Day-um, isn't that just about the biggest WFT moment since... well, they are coming fast & furious now, but still, WOW.
That was hideous, and Assange has lost contact with the outside world, maybe Killary finally "droned him".

I feel like I am watching amateur night at the Reichstag. What's next, is somebody going to set fire to the Pentagon and blame it on the Russians?
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#315 Post by JediGuy »

I've been nervous about this thread since it popped up. Let's please keep things civil, everyone - I'd prefer not to use my mod powers if I can avoid it. I'm not calling out any names, I'm just saying I've noticed it's been getting a bit rough lately. We're all adults here (well, mostly), so let's behave in civil discourse better than the US government currently is.
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.