USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Who do you want to be president of the United States in the 2016 elections?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:12 pm

Donald Trump of the Republican Party
25%
Hillary Clinton of the Democratic Party
25%
Jill Stein of the Green Party
25%
Gary Johnson of the Liberation Party
25%

Total votes: 20

Vintage
Certified Fool
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: USA Presidental Campaingn 2016

#286 Post by Vintage »

Not sure how old this news is, but Bernie has pledged support to Hillary now. I'm a little disappointed even though this was most likely to happen. Hopefully some of these new ideals made some sort of impact on other party members.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

Phaing
Master

#287 Post by Phaing »

I was going to leave this alone after Spero got yanked, but I found this little gem.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ZOX5JnuZA[/video]

Thoughts?

This one hit me hard, because of how things are going on College Campuses all over the country.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#288 Post by TinyVoices »

Phaing wrote:I was going to leave this alone after Spero got yanked, but I found this little gem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ZOX5JnuZA

Thoughts?

This one hit me hard, because of how things are going on College Campuses all over the country.
He is very philosophical and poetic, but besides that he just seems like a rambling old man. I don't really feel any sort of affinity or comprehension to the message he's trying to convey. I can tell that he is complaining about the slow fall of humanity to greed and hatred. Yet I just can't really muster a reaction to his call. Especially when he defines things the way he does. (He did a lot of the classical "here's a word you should know the definition to, like virtue, but for my lecture here it means something completely different: the ability to weaken a state.")

Something more on topic-
The DNC papers wikileak thing is getting around now. I didn't really want to comment on it when I had heard about it a couple days ago, but yeah. Surprise surprise. (To those in the dark.) The tl;dr of it is that some of the higher ups in the DNC were with Clinton and against Sanders since day one. The main qualm about this is that it's against their bylaws to show preference in such a way. It shows a level of corruption, but of course it means very little because corruption is perfectly normal in a functioning government and we really shouldn't complain about it.

Phaing
Master

#289 Post by Phaing »

TinyVoices wrote: He is very philosophical and poetic, but besides that he just seems like a rambling old man. I don't really feel any sort of affinity or comprehension to the message he's trying to convey.....
Yeah, sorry, that was pretty heavy and a poor introduction to that particular guy.
My bad.

Something more upbeat and topical-
(its also ten times better than that other thing)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-jSrS49dss

TinyVoices wrote:Something more on topic-
The DNC papers wikileak thing is getting around now. I didn't really want to comment on it when I had heard about it a couple days ago, but yeah. Surprise surprise. (To those in the dark.) The tl;dr of it is that some of the higher ups in the DNC were with Clinton and against Sanders since day one. The main qualm about this is that it's against their bylaws to show preference in such a way. It shows a level of corruption, but of course it means very little because corruption is perfectly normal in a functioning government and we really shouldn't complain about it.
In that, we are 100% in agreement.

And I just heard that Debbie Blabbermouth-Schultz is losing her job over that one (the DNC chairman). And so, the only voice more annoying than Hillary's is being removed from the Democrat party.
... the thought-processes involved in national politics escapes me sometimes.
"If you’re going to tell people the truth, you'd better make them laugh; otherwise, they will kill you."

-George Bernard Shaw

Akira110
Literary Artist

#290 Post by Akira110 »

The election was stolen to benefit Clinton as revealed by the WikiLeaks DNC Leaks, now Berners are leaving the democratic party in droves. Our 45th President of the United States of America will be Donald J. Trump as the Democratic Party is about to become a minority party like I've been saying for a while. We had a chance for a once in a generation slam dunk, and they took the one candidate that can and WILL lose to Trump...
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#291 Post by TinyVoices »

Akira110 wrote:The election was stolen to benefit Clinton as revealed by the WikiLeaks DNC Leaks, now Berners are leaving the democratic party in droves. Our 45th President of the United States of America will be Donald J. Trump as the Democratic Party is about to become a minority party like I've been saying for a while. We had a chance for a once in a generation slam dunk, and they took the one candidate that can and WILL lose to Trump...
I'm still under the impression there has to be some kind of tie between Trump and Hillary. Enough Dems and Reps hate Trump so much, that they vote for Hillary. Trump gets some business deal out of it or something for all the acting he did to get Clinton into the white house. That sort of deal. Just seems like Trump is too much of a business man to be "his own person detached from the establishment" sorta deal.

And if I'm wrong and he does actually get elected, then I don't really feel bad for being wrong. I just shrug and go back to the original idea that Clinton is corruption and Trump is WWIII.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#292 Post by Akira110 »

TinyVoices wrote:
Akira110 wrote:The election was stolen to benefit Clinton as revealed by the WikiLeaks DNC Leaks, now Berners are leaving the democratic party in droves. Our 45th President of the United States of America will be Donald J. Trump as the Democratic Party is about to become a minority party like I've been saying for a while. We had a chance for a once in a generation slam dunk, and they took the one candidate that can and WILL lose to Trump...
I'm still under the impression there has to be some kind of tie between Trump and Hillary. Enough Dems and Reps hate Trump so much, that they vote for Hillary. Trump gets some business deal out of it or something for all the acting he did to get Clinton into the white house. That sort of deal. Just seems like Trump is too much of a business man to be "his own person detached from the establishment" sorta deal.

And if I'm wrong and he does actually get elected, then I don't really feel bad for being wrong. I just shrug and go back to the original idea that Clinton is corruption and Trump is WWIII.
You should take a look at the DNC Leaks, Clinton was salivating at the thought of a proxy war with Russia in Syria. What's war with Russia? WWIII.

Also, I'm ex-Republican, I know their mindset. They'll stomp and scream and when the time comes, they'll become afraid and vote for the big strong man that they perceive Trump as.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle

#293 Post by TinyVoices »

Akira110 wrote:You should take a look at the DNC Leaks, Clinton was salivating at the thought of a proxy war with Russia in Syria. What's war with Russia? WWIII.

Also, I'm ex-Republican, I know their mindset. They'll stomp and scream and when the time comes, they'll become afraid and vote for the big strong man that they perceive Trump as.
I mean, technically the 45 year long Cold War was just a collection of proxies between the U.S. and The USSR. Less than 30 years ago we were "at war" with "Russia". Putin doesn't even seem all that interested in causing WWIII, he just wants [censored] in the interest of Russia, and isn't willing to let other countries [censored] on him. (What was the other two world wars but one group of countries wanting things and the other group not wanting those things, though. So that all could lead to WWIII, but it seems less likely that this WWIII scenario would end in nukes and stuff.)

My hardcore conservative grandfather wanted Bernie, and hates Clinton. No clue who he'll vote for now...

Zylver
Grand Templar

#294 Post by Zylver »

So, Trumpy is inviting Russian hackers... isn't this considered as high treason, by any chance? :?

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#295 Post by HugMePlz »

Just added Gary Johnson for the heck of it, and looks like all the previous votes were clear, woops.

i lurk

Akira110
Literary Artist

#296 Post by Akira110 »

HugMePlz wrote:Just added Gary Johnson for the heck of it, and looks like all the previous votes were clear, woops.
Psst, that's Libertarian Party, not Liberation.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#297 Post by HugMePlz »

Akira110 wrote:
HugMePlz wrote:Just added Gary Johnson for the heck of it, and looks like all the previous votes were clear, woops.
Psst, that's Libertarian Party, not Liberation.
Not going to risk correcting that grammar mistake so I don't have to clear the votes again.

i lurk

Phaing
Master

#298 Post by Phaing »

Zylver wrote:So, Trumpy is inviting Russian hackers... isn't this considered as high treason, by any chance? :?
Does that even mean anything, anymore?

Actually it was a joke, the full text-
TRUMP: I have nothing to do with Putin. I've never spoken to him. I know nothing about him other than he will respect me. He doesn't respect our president. If it is Russia, which it probably is not, nobody knows who it is.

But if it is Russia, it's really bad for a different reason. Because it shows how little respect they have for our country when they would hack into a major party and get everything. But it would be interesting to see -- I will tell you this, Russia, if you're listening, I hope you're able to find the 30,000 e-mails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by our press. Let's see if that happens. That will be next.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...ng_emails.html

That Julian Assange character is the one that seems to be having more fun with this than anyone else.

-George Bernard Shaw

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#299 Post by Blazeofspikes »

It seems that everyone that I am following on tumblr is making this USA 2016 presidential election the end of the world if *insert opposing candidate you do not like* gets elected and that you must vote *insert republican/democrat ideology that you favor most* regardless of how you feel about the candidate because if you do not vote *insert republican/democrat candidate* then you might as well be voting for *insert candidate you hate*. (I kinda see this as propaganda against third party voters)

This argument probably applies more to democrats then republicans as I don't really think there is a large amount of republicans who were so disappointed about Ted cruz/rubio/Jeb bush/Ben Carson not winning the republican primaries that they would rather vote for Hillary Clinton then Donald trump. (or that republicans hate Donald trump so much so that they would rather vote Hillary Clinton in the presidential election)

I guess there might be democrats who were so disappointed about Bernie Sanders not winning the primaries that they might vote for anyone else or not vote at all in which the DNC leaks + several other factors might justify the disdain for Hillary Clinton regardless of the fact that Bernie Sanders endorses Hillary Clinton. (with the hope that the democratic party doesn't weaken or scatter off to guarantee a win for the republican party)

I wish the hostility on both sides would just end but that isn't going to ever happen due to the population eating it up and the media are feeding into it. I am not even sure which side is more hostile though I guess the democratic hostility is more memorable for some reason.

I am still going to vote for Gary Johnson even though I kinda know it's a lost cause at this point. My disdain for both candidates and the events surrounding both of them and their party lines has kinda lead me towards this path and I am not backing out of my decision regardless of the above argument.

HugMePlz
Apprentice

#300 Post by HugMePlz »

Reviving this thread for clarity.

It's only four weeks until Election Day, it's time to make predictions on who will win it!

i lurk