Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Disney's Zootopia

#31 Post by TinyVoices »

I watched it today.

The hype does not live up to it, but I can see it being a pretty major Disney film today. The messages portrayed don't feel forced, or like they're trying to be SJW level of politically correct. Yet they get the message across.

I liked it, however I did not feel particularly charged after seeing it. I generally feel that way after a kid's movie, so maybe it isn't that surprising. This is certainly not a kid's movie in the same light as Toy's Story. It's more like a bit more mature than Up, I'd say, although
Spoiler!
there isn't as much of an emotional charge. Tear jerker scenes, but not as bad as Up.
Spoiler!
It does contain spoilers, but you can watch up until a warning point before he spoils anything massive.
Furry hate involved.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk3_NnhREGw[/video]

I don't even really 70% agree with him, but eh.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#32 Post by Hayate »

I really didn't catch any of the hype before seeing the movie. I really enjoyed it though, very cute movie. Would see again :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Razmoudah
Merchant

#33 Post by Razmoudah »

I hadn't even heard of it until now, but that's hardly surprising with how little live TV I watch and how few commercials I see. I doubt I'll ever watch it though, the last few Disney movies I've seen I've been rather unimpressed with. It almost feels like they've lost their spark somewhere, I'd say around the point they got more interested in having some strange or weird gimmick to the movie than in doing a good job telling a good story. Even kids movies these days feel too action oriented and story weak for my tastes.
Hmmm......about what I expected when almost half of the questions I'd want to select a few of the answers not a specific one.

ImageImageImageImage

asphere8
Master

#34 Post by asphere8 »

I'm on my way out to see Zootopia right now, because for the first time in weeks it wasn't entirely sold out in every theatre in the area. I had no idea a movie could stay this popular for this long.

Edit: Great movie. Definitely worth the watch. Incredible attention to detail.

Plus tiger dancers. :flora:
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#35 Post by Insomniac »

asphere8 wrote:I'm on my way out to see Zootopia right now, because for the first time in weeks it wasn't entirely sold out in every theatre in the area. I had no idea a movie could stay this popular for this long.
Yikes. All of the furries or all of the families? Or both?

I, sadly, seem to be doomed to wait for Netflix or something.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bon
Master

#36 Post by Bon »

I just watched zootopia/Zootropolis and, I really enjoyed it. I would recommend people go see it
Insomniac wrote:
asphere8 wrote:I'm on my way out to see Zootopia right now, because for the first time in weeks it wasn't entirely sold out in every theatre in the area. I had no idea a movie could stay this popular for this long.
Yikes. All of the furries or all of the families? Or both?

I, sadly, seem to be doomed to wait for Netflix or something.
That may be a while before it is out on Netflix

Add/Follow me on anything :flora:

Steam!

Twitter!

Facebook!

Twitch!

PSN: IBonsly

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#37 Post by TinyVoices »

Insomniac wrote:or something.
<. <
>.>

If you do what you want because a pirate is free... I would think by now someone leaked a 4k clean theater version of it.

BasettLord
Citizen

#38 Post by BasettLord »

Not surprised at all that this is being talked about here. On a side note it's always nice to see people have mature logical conversations on the internet.
I will make this world of my devising, out of a dream in my lonely mind...

It's not to late to suggest cards for the cardcast, (basically Cards against humanity), deck for the forum.
:potatoes: :potatoes: :potatoes:

Devolgerax

#39 Post by Devolgerax »

not a big 3d animation fan
i like the good old hand drawn 2d animation like the cartoons of don bluth
but the story of Zootopia seems interesting

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#40 Post by Insomniac »

I didn't get to see it in the theater, but it's out on DVD now, as well as Amazon and Redbox, and hitting Netflix on July fifth. Quite looking forward to it.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Samantaz
Master

#41 Post by Samantaz »

Watched this movie twice, and this is becoming one of my favorites.

Clearly, 3D animation is really good, as expected for a disney, but all the details around are improving it. I recommend you to see the "behind the scen" bonuses, where creators explains how they made the different species (Have you seen a reptilian of a fish ?)

I watched it in french, so i don't know if the jokes are similiar or totally different, but i found'em subtil. And even if it's a kid-oriented movie, some of them are more adult oriented.

About the story, i thinks it's (kinda) like TK. Why ? Because it's talking about differencies and a link weaves between the mains characters, who are of opposite species, indeed. But it has a completely other world (more somethink like ours).

Bottom line : I can only recomment it ! Great movie !
I'm not saying that i'm Batman, But nobody saw Batman and me together.

Furcode : FCF3a A C- D+++ H++ P- R- T++ W-- Sf- RLTI a- cl++ e++ f- h** iw+++ j- p-- sm-
Awesome avatar by Kiabugboy