Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Star Wars Episode 7

#46 Post by Bellhead »

Worthy sequel?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#47 Post by The Rookie »

Bellhead wrote:Worthy sequel?
Truly.

I'll probably hold off on discussing too much until most people have had a chance to see it themselves, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#48 Post by Insomniac »

I remember back when I was a kid...my first non-disney movies were the special edition theatrical runs of the original trilogy. My parents, in a rare bout of good sense, kept me from any spoilers, though it helped that I was very young at the time and wasn't a computer head. Other than the trailers, which have been good about not spoiling anything, I've avoided all knowledge of the new movie so far.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Kellard
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: The bucket

#49 Post by Kellard »

The Rookie wrote:
Bellhead wrote:Worthy sequel?
Truly.

I'll probably hold off on discussing too much until most people have had a chance to see it themselves, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Agreed. I watched it with some friends, but I think I would have enjoyed it more alone.
I just hope Disney doesn't screw it all up somehow.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#50 Post by Akira110 »

It's my new favorite star wars movie.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

puredeathly
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#51 Post by puredeathly »

I really like it.
Way better than I imagined that it would be :D

Zylver
Grand Templar

#52 Post by Zylver »

You KNOW which part of the movie I'm talking about :( (;_;)

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#53 Post by Him »

I just watched it today and it met my expectations. Everything was a bit too predictable for my tastes though.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#54 Post by Akira110 »

Well, for everyone guessing who Rey's parents are, I can tell you that Disney through Disney Infinity 3.0 has accidentally revealed who she really is.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#55 Post by Schrodinger »

Akira110 wrote:Well, for everyone guessing who Rey's parents are, I can tell you that Disney through Disney Infinity 3.0 has accidentally revealed who she really is.
Nope, Angry Joe is just a loud-mouthed fool.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Akira110
Literary Artist

#56 Post by Akira110 »

Schrodinger wrote:
Akira110 wrote:Well, for everyone guessing who Rey's parents are, I can tell you that Disney through Disney Infinity 3.0 has accidentally revealed who she really is.
Nope, Angry Joe is just a loud-mouthed fool.
What are you talking about, I was talking about she's the daughter of the AT-AT. It gave birth to her :P

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#57 Post by Insomniac »

*Insert paragraphs of incoherent verbal joygasming here*

OH MY GOD! So much awesome was on that screen...
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#58 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

I just got back from seeing it with some family, I'll put a bit of the discussion we had after here:
Spoiler!
1. Han Solo dying made sense for the movie; of all the original trilogy characters to go, he made the most sense because Ford wanted Solo killed off in Return of the Jedi, and now they don't have to pay him 5 million per movie to play the part

2. It felt like the plot was a bit rushed; 3 people who had never seen each other before coming together and almost instantly having this working, "I've known you for years" synergistic relation? C'mon.

3. Kylo Ren was a bit "hypocritical"; He's supposed to be powerful (he can stop a blaster bolt - pure energy) and have formal training, yet puts up too little a fight against Fin, who had never had training with a lightsaber and who had earlier almost had his butt kicked by a guy with a stick? Why didn't he just go after him with the Force, like he did to Rhea earlier?
Overall, it was a good movie, and I look forward to the next one.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#59 Post by Schrodinger »

TheFrozenSlime wrote:I just got back from seeing it with some family, I'll put a bit of the discussion we had after here:
Spoiler!
1. Han Solo dying made sense for the movie; of all the original trilogy characters to go, he made the most sense because Ford wanted Solo killed off in Return of the Jedi, and now they don't have to pay him 5 million per movie to play the part

2. It felt like the plot was a bit rushed; 3 people who had never seen each other before coming together and almost instantly having this working, "I've known you for years" synergistic relation? C'mon.

3. Kylo Ren was a bit "hypocritical"; He's supposed to be powerful (he can stop a blaster bolt - pure energy) and have formal training, yet puts up too little a fight against Fin, who had never had training with a lightsaber and who had earlier almost had his butt kicked by a guy with a stick? Why didn't he just go after him with the Force, like he did to Rhea earlier?
Spoiler!
Yeah, my complaints with the movie can be summed up as, "It's New Hope and Empire smashed together with a villain and hero on an inverse power curve." I made the joke with my friends that Kylo started to go down the tubes the moment he took the helmet off while Rey is power-leveling through the runtime. She starts as a capable scavenger and ends as jedi Mary Sue.

I'll forgive the writing of Kylo since he's more consistent. Powerful and dangerous but raw and unrefined, just like his lightsaber (good theming there).
Kylo's a child struggling to match a legacy that took twenty years to develop.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

foxlord
Elder foxy

#60 Post by foxlord »

Schrodinger wrote:
TheFrozenSlime wrote:I just got back from seeing it with some family, I'll put a bit of the discussion we had after here:
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
Yeah, my complaints with the movie can be summed up as, "It's New Hope and Empire smashed together with a villain and hero on an inverse power curve." I made the joke with my friends that Kylo started to go down the tubes the moment he took the helmet off while Rey is power-leveling through the runtime. She starts as a capable scavenger and ends as jedi Mary Sue.

I'll forgive the writing of Kylo since he's more consistent. Powerful and dangerous but raw and unrefined, just like his lightsaber (good theming there).
Kylo's a child struggling to match a legacy that took twenty years to develop.
Agreed on all counts. Not sure what else to put here really.
The elder has spoken! Ex-Brony Slayer.

Take two old white men, fuse them together, and they become a black ginger with an obsession for power. - Invidian