Star Wars Episode 7

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

y7h65
The Unpronounceable

Re: Star Wars Episode 7

#31 Post by y7h65 »

Insomniac wrote: Damn, it's the weakest? In one of the books, I forget which one, it took Luke and Mara several hours just to cut through a wall of it because it shorted out their lightsabers as soon as they made contact with it...
But the thing was, the Cortosis wasn't resisting the lightsaber there because they couldn't cut through it. It was just causing the lightsabers to short. Given repeated exposure, Cortosis would fail against lightsabers. Then you have stuff like Phrik and Mandalorian Iron, both of which are just extremely stupidly tough and could resist lightsaber blows on account of being just that strong. Then you have Ultrachrome which was similar to Cortosis in that it would break given enough exposure but was also similar to phrik and Mandalorian Iron as it is capable of taking the hits until it breaks rather than shorting out the lightsaber blade. It was also a lot more tougher than cortosis was and was actually used to make physical shields.

Then you have neuranium. That stuff was overkill tough but too heavy for use in, well, anything except for small sensor proof packages.
Local Type Moon Fanatic.

asphere8
Master

#32 Post by asphere8 »

Fawkes wrote:As far as I know Abrams was carefully selected for this task because of his abilities and being a fan of the series himself.
Actually, Abrams said in an interview that he's hated Star Trek since he was a kid.
The way he made the Star Trek movies went against the whole concept of Star Trek. Star Trek is about diplomacy and culture and he made it about action and battle because that's what the general moviegoing population want to see. They were good movies in general, but not good Star Trek movies.
Sometimes, I wish I could art.

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#33 Post by jacobc62 »

*TOPIC REVIVAL*

The official Episode 7 poster has been released!

I have high hopes for this movie!
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#34 Post by Bellhead »

"Boycott 'Star Wars VII'" Movement Launched; Movie Called "Anti-White"

I figured this should end up here. This article came out on my birthday.. :roll: :(
It's just sad how people see 'equal representation' as 'anti-white'.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#35 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

It's 4chan being dumb. They're still super racist in RL though
VERY, GOOD

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#36 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

Fawkes wrote:
Bellhead wrote:"Boycott 'Star Wars VII'" Movement Launched; Movie Called "Anti-White"

I figured this should end up here. This article came out on my birthday.. :roll: :(
It's just sad how people see 'equal representation' as 'anti-white'.
So it must have been these guys causing an uproar when we first saw a black stormtrooper/Finn in the teaser trailer. Their loss, it means more space for me when I get the chance to go see this movie and not have to sit next to some unpleasant people as well.
Eh, its stupid people trying to find something to complain about. People will always find something stupid to complain about in anything remotely large or celebrated just to seek some form of attention.
MeaCulpa, S.C.M. wrote:It's 4chan being dumb. They're still super racist in RL though
Eh, I wouldn't say it's 4chan, or more appropriately all of 4chan. /pol/ may say something, but no one truly takes them seriously outside of their containment board.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#37 Post by Insomniac »

From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#38 Post by Myperson54 »

Can you please go [censored] somewhere else? I was content to simply ignore you up until this point, but now it feels like you're pushing buttons because they're there. Plenty of people of all sorts of demographics live in both the Star Wars universe and our own. Get over it.

EDIT: Well, he's gone for a month now. Thank goodness that's over.

Trying to get seats for this movie is a nightmare.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#39 Post by TheMouse »

Well that was interesting! Given the ability to reserve and order movie tickets online, are we going to see fewer people camped out a week in advance? I think that was my favorite part of phantom menace. Well, that and Ray Park. Mmmmm...
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#40 Post by Myperson54 »

TheMouse wrote:Well that was interesting! Given the ability to reserve and order movie tickets online, are we going to see fewer people camped out a week in advance? I think that was my favorite part of phantom menace. Well, that and Ray Park. Mmmmm...
I managed to nab tickets for the 18th in some decent seats! Mind you, it's uAVX and not proper IMAX, or even Digital IMAX, and technically the movie opens on the 17th in Canada. However, I got tickets for international opening day at basically midnight. I'm happy.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Zylver
Grand Templar

#41 Post by Zylver »

I asked my little brother if he already has tickets for the film.
He is arranging them right now and by the time I get home for the holidays, we have to see this film, ASAP.
As he said: "We MUST see it, we grew up on Star Wars, it would be a shame not watching this with you!" Awww :grin:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#42 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

My face when I am going to see the movie prior to everyone else due to being on deployment.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#43 Post by The Rookie »

Has anyone else seen the film yet ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#44 Post by Insomniac »

I'm seeing it next Friday. I'm so excited. It looks so good, and I haven't seen a good one in the theaters since the original (special edition) trilogy.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#45 Post by Schrodinger »

There was an early screening at my local theater. I had to pay for myself and two others the day before. The only seats I could get were front row in the corner. Totally worth it.
What was it the spider said to the fly...