RWBY, Rooster Teeth's new thing

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

Re: RWBY, Rooster Teeth's new thing

#76 Post by Schrodinger »

One of my favorite games with this series is "Spot the Influence." Today we add Vanquish, Daft Punk, and Fate/Stay Night to the list.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#77 Post by Winter-huntsman »

Does anyone know why Jaune was wearing a dress, I know he said he was keeping a promise but what was the promise for and about?
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#78 Post by Myperson54 »

Winter-huntsman wrote:Does anyone know why Jaune was wearing a dress, I know he said he was keeping a promise but what was the promise for and about?
Episode 6: "If you don't get a date, I'll wear a dress." He was commenting on how Pyrrha is super popular with the guys, yet she's never asked out by them, and on his inability to get a date. (Cue my ship landing victoriously in port.)

~~# NEW EPISODE EDIT #~~

This one was a bit slow, I guess, but it was funny. Animation was decent overall this time. Um, hm, what else.... I'm super suspicious of that corgi, but maybe it's just me. I just can't see this being from their actual father.

Actually, it was kinda funny watching Blake in that scene as she attempted to avoid Zwei.
Velvet's new costume looks nice, and I wasn't expecting a 'Stray'n accent, but it seems to suit her.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#79 Post by anonfox123 »

And apparently Cinder was conjuring those weapons out of glass. Wonder how that works if it isn't her semblance...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#80 Post by Winter-huntsman »

Her semblance could be dust it's self, that could explain why she used glass. Dust is like crystals which can look like glass. Even If this idea was true she would probably only be able to control one type of dust, like a dark and evil kind.
"Don't only practice your art, but force your way into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine"-Ludwig van Beethoven

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#81 Post by Myperson54 »

Winter-huntsman wrote:Her semblance could be dust it's self, that could explain why she used glass. Dust is like crystals which can look like glass. Even If this idea was true she would probably only be able to control one type of dust, like a dark and evil kind.
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure natural dust only comes in elemental forms. According to the wiki, it's possible to artificially combine dust types, but it wouldn't make sense for a superpower to allow Cinder to control a manufactured dust in my mind.

Although I guess the same could be said about glass... Maybe she creates illusions or materializes objects out of midair?

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#82 Post by Winter-huntsman »

That could be true, but what do you think it would be if it's not glass?

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#83 Post by Myperson54 »

Winter-huntsman wrote:That could be true, but what do you think it would be if it's not glass?
Like I said, it might just be an illusion, or maybe real glass she's materialized out of thin air. She might have some sort of matter/energy conversion skill which lets her turn dust/magical energy into physical attacks. At this point I'm unsure exactly what though.

Damien203
Apprentice

#84 Post by Damien203 »

This is just a guess but maybe, Cider´s semblance could be "elements".
Glynda´s semblance is the control of objects, and it is dust based.
So it could be reasonable, also because she used fire techniques before.

One more thing. Does anyone know how Blake and Velvet know each other? I think I missed something.

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#85 Post by Winter-huntsman »

No they don't, but they probaly both know there faunas, but velvet might under stand Blake wants to keep it a secret so she does not say anything about it

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#86 Post by Myperson54 »

I haven't even finished Episode 9 yet, and I can tell it's gonna be great. The doctor is such a goofy character (And who better to play him than the easily-identifiable Joel?)
EDIT: Hrm.... This was an interesting one. Slower-paced after the initial excitement, but a nice episode nonetheless. Animation was pretty good overall, too.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#87 Post by anonfox123 »

So, smart grimm, Oobleck like the dog, and no dice on finding the white fang. Okay. I can work with this. This is going places.
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Winter-huntsman
Templar

#88 Post by Winter-huntsman »

Ya, it was a good episode. Did anyone eles see the trailer for the new X-ray and vav show. It came out with this episode.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#89 Post by Insomniac »

Winter-huntsman wrote:Ya, it was a good episode. Did anyone eles see the trailer for the new X-ray and vav show. It came out with this episode.
Actually it came out at the end of the Red vs Blue season finale, and I am super psyched for it.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

primalcaller ergos
Templar GrandMaster
Location: many places at once all around reality and outside it at the same time, thought i am astral projetin

#90 Post by primalcaller ergos »

I found Jaune wearing a dress to be delightful.

Not just for that in itself either. :P
Keeping promises is a good thing ingeneral, even more so when it is this cute.
You must train you eyes so strenuously to see the truth but when you do, a whole new world opens up for as you keen observation allows you to know more about some one than they know about themselves, this is called psychology - me