Moderator: Moderators

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: RWBY, Rooster Teeth's new thing

#61 Post by Insomniac »

Myperson54 wrote:Episode 2 is out.
Spoiler!
I guess it's more of a set-up episode than anything else, but the animation at the very end was pretty great. I love the new facial expressions. Only thing I think could be better is the low polygon count on small items. Weiss's finger was looking rather chunky when she pointed at Blake.

Oh, also [censored] JUST GOT REAL
This can only end badly. Also, anyone else heard the full version of the season two theme song? So much foreshadowing...
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#62 Post by Myperson54 »

Episode three! This one was funny, especially - and this might sound weird - but the very last line. I actually laughed out loud at that one.

I am become salt, destroyer of memes

Join the Unofficial 2k Discord Channel!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#63 Post by Insomniac »

Oh. ...lol yeah, that was a funny last line.

Anyone else experience serious lag on videos on Rooster Teeth's main site, Two different computers, I've had hardcore lag on the videos, but only on their site. YouTube and Blip play just fine.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#64 Post by anonfox123 »

No lag here. Wonder if these new 'bots will be less of a pushover than the old AK-130's...
Ice-cold science-fantasy space-ninja operative!

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#65 Post by Myperson54 »

Episode 4 is up!
Spoiler!
So first I was all like, this infiltration stuff is pretty cool, but then I was all like OMG HOW DID HE GET THAT!1!!

But then Neptune's alt-weapon is a friggen' glaive, which was unexpected, but a good choice nonetheless.

And then they actually fought as a team and it was cool, but the best part was when Yang went berzerk.
Oh, and the ending was priceless.

Thi is my fanboy rant for the day. :P

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#66 Post by anonfox123 »

Myperson54 wrote:Episode 4 is up!
Spoiler!
So first I was all like, this infiltration stuff is pretty cool, but then I was all like OMG HOW DID HE GET THAT!1!!

But then Neptune's alt-weapon is a friggen' glaive, which was unexpected, but a good choice nonetheless.

And then they actually fought as a team and it was cool, but the best part was when Yang went berzerk.

I guess Yang's thing is almost like Lucario from smash-bros. The lower here aura the stronger her attacks. If the force of a hit translated directly to stored attack energy without doing damage, that would just be OP.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#67 Post by Myperson54 »

anonfox123 wrote:
Spoiler!

I guess Yang's thing is almost like Lucario from smash-bros. The lower here aura the stronger her attacks. If the force of a hit translated directly to stored attack energy without doing damage, that would just be OP.
That's why I didn't like Erik in X-Men: First Class. He was unbeatable except by telepathy.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#68 Post by Insomniac »

Myperson54 wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:
Spoiler!

That's why I didn't like Erik in X-Men: First Class. He was unbeatable except by telepathy.
If by Erik you mean Magneto, well...Could just punch him. If you mean that other guy though, the one who could absorb any kind of energy thrown at him including the kinetic energy from a punch, then yeah, he's pretty OP. And I can't remember his name but it wasn't Erik. Erik Lenscer or however his last name is spelled is Magneto's name.

Back on topic though, RWBY is made of awesome.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#69 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:
anonfox123 wrote:
Spoiler!

If by Erik you mean Magneto, well...Could just punch him. If you mean that other guy though, the one who could absorb any kind of energy thrown at him including the kinetic energy from a punch, then yeah, he's pretty OP. And I can't remember his name but it wasn't Erik. Erik Lenscer or however his last name is spelled is Magneto's name.

Back on topic though, RWBY is made of awesome.
:P I am a doofus. I meant Shaw/Shmidt - The German scientist.

But yeah, RWBY is great.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#70 Post by anonfox123 »

The song when Yang unleashes her semblance is also pretty great. "Die", another great one from Jeff Williams. (Can't wait if there is a full version instead of the episode cut)

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#71 Post by Myperson54 »

Interesting. I don't remember anything about Pyrrha's semblance last year, so unless I missed some sort of explanation then, I'm totally lost over the end of Episode 5. All the same, very nice episode. Not too mind-blowing or anything, but we got a sexy fight scene. I swear, Monty and his crew just get better and better.

Also. is it just me, or does it seem like Blake's and Cinder's voice actors are the same? Apparently they're totally different people, but they do sound sim- WAIT WHAT Michael is Sun? Woah, I never noticed that!

Oh, and I guess I should've mentioned this last episode, but I'm totally shipping Neptune x Blake. Tall, classy but nerdy, wields a glaive dude x Thoughtful, calculating, intellectual girl wielding a katana. Only awesome can come out of this ship.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#72 Post by Insomniac »

Myperson54 wrote:Interesting. I don't remember anything about Pyrrha's semblance last year, so unless I missed some sort of explanation then, I'm totally lost over the end of Episode 5. All the same, very nice episode. Not too mind-blowing or anything, but we got a sexy fight scene. I swear, Monty and his crew just get better and better.

Also. is it just me, or does it seem like Blake's and Cinder's voice actors are the same? Apparently they're totally different people, but they do sound sim- WAIT WHAT Michael is Sun? Woah, I never noticed that!

Oh, and I guess I should've mentioned this last episode, but I'm totally shipping Neptune x Blake. Tall, classy but nerdy, wields a glaive dude x Thoughtful, calculating, intellectual girl wielding a katana. Only awesome can come out of this ship.
Nah, BlakexSun seems more likely. If anyone's gonna get Neptune, it's Weiss, and the reverse as well.
Spoiler!
Also, some things that've happened and been said lately make me think General Ironwood and/or his entire kingdom might become bad guys.

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#73 Post by Myperson54 »

Insomniac wrote:
Myperson54 wrote:Interesting. I don't remember anything about Pyrrha's semblance last year, so unless I missed some sort of explanation then, I'm totally lost over the end of Episode 5. All the same, very nice episode. Not too mind-blowing or anything, but we got a sexy fight scene. I swear, Monty and his crew just get better and better.

Nah, BlakexSun seems more likely. If anyone's gonna get Neptune, it's Weiss, and the reverse as well.
Spoiler!
Also, some things that've happened and been said lately make me think General Ironwood and/or his entire kingdom might become bad guys.
I do think BlakexSun is more likely, but I will still ship! :D
Spoiler!
Yeah, and I think if Ironwood does become a bad guy, it'll be with the right intent, but the wrong execution. He seems intelligent enough to know what he's doing, yet he did seem rather keen on getting Cinder / White Fang out of the way quickly.

anonfox123
Grand Templar

#74 Post by anonfox123 »

HA ha ha, Jaune's got some sweet moves. :P

Myperson54
The Imagineer

#75 Post by Myperson54 »

Spoiler!
Well it's nice to see that at least one of my ships succeeded. I've been rooting for JauneXNora since day one! Although I still kinda wish Blake/Sun and Weiss/Neptune were switched, I also don't want this show to turn into a stupid dramedy, so I'll allow it :(

Daft Punk was DJing, or so I noticed twice at the end of the episode.

Also, is it just me, or was the animation quality of Cinder and Ruby's spar better than usual? It seemed to look better somehow. Maybe it was just the low lighting and flashing effects.

And finally, I gotta say, it's a tie between Emerald and Cinder for my favourite villain. Cinder is actually scary, but Emerald is so awesome. (And this episode's Ruby was the cutest Ruby)