Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

Re: A Game of Thrones

#76 Post by EvilNinjadude »

judah4 wrote:I just finished the 5th book
Spoiler!
why Jon! I liked the foreshadowing with Ghost snapping at them but now I am sad. Poor jon, restoring the nights watch and that's what they do to him although I don't think he should have announced he was going to march south to winterfell like that
Spoiler!
Nobody says he's going to die. He wouldn't have been the first (in fact I'd say he's the fifth at least) person to "die" and suddenly, a few chapters later, turn out to be not so dead after all. That said this is GoT. My opinion? 50/50. Clean split of probability, is my guess.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#77 Post by judah4 »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
judah4 wrote:I just finished the 5th book
Spoiler!
why Jon! I liked the foreshadowing with Ghost snapping at them but now I am sad. Poor jon, restoring the nights watch and that's what they do to him although I don't think he should have announced he was going to march south to winterfell like that
Spoiler!
Nobody says he's going to die. He wouldn't have been the first (in fact I'd say he's the fifth at least) person to "die" and suddenly, a few chapters later, turn out to be not so dead after all. That said this is GoT. My opinion? 50/50. Clean split of probability, is my guess.
Spoiler!
He was stabbed 4 times by his men at least before it seems he lost consciousness. Sure, he might not be dead but I would say he is most likely dead. Sure, ita survivable but if his brothers wanted him dead, they won't stop unless its a ploy to injure him so that he cant march down to winterfell and break his oath of not taking part in the struggles of the realm. My estimate is more 80/20 dead

Zylver
Grand Templar

#78 Post by Zylver »

judah4 wrote:
Spoiler!
He was stabbed 4 times by his men at least before it seems he lost consciousness. Sure, he might not be dead but I would say he is most likely dead. Sure, ita survivable but if his brothers wanted him dead, they won't stop unless its a ploy to injure him so that he cant march down to winterfell and break his oath of not taking part in the struggles of the realm. My estimate is more 80/20 dead
Well I'm currently at the first quarter of the fifth book, but I searched ahead on "A Wiki of Ice and Fire", found nothing there, so I had to read the scene and well...
Spoiler!
I was just about to say that if his brothers wanted to finish him for sure, they would have cut his throat at least...
And that is exactly what happened as the "first stab", the second was a stab in the stomach and the last one went into the shoulder, the last one, who knows?
But one thing is sure: if you want to feign the death of someone, you don't cut his neck or stab his belly... I don't have too much medical knowledge, but I'm pretty sure, THAT was not very survivable... not to mention the conditions of the Wall :?

Well, he can still come back as Ghost or as a White Walker if you ask me :D

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
And with it, man forged his will upon the world.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#79 Post by The Rookie »

I'd hate to break up the discussion on the books, but has anyone managed to see the newest episode from the show yet ?
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#80 Post by Zylver »

The Rookie wrote:I'd hate to break up the discussion on the books, but has anyone managed to see the newest episode from the show yet ?
I just did! :D
It was a bit boring in the beginning...
Spoiler!
And stupid Stannis stole the first scenes of Bravoos from Arya! :x
Not to mention the meaningless escape attempt of Theon...
But the trial of Tyrion was... fantastic (?) and I really loved it's ending 8)
Can't wait to see the next episode now! :P It will be fun! :wink:

Of the four elements, air, earth, water, and fire, man stole only one from the gods.
Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#81 Post by The Rookie »

Zylver wrote:I just did! :D
It was a bit boring in the beginning...
Spoiler!
And stupid Stannis stole the first scenes of Bravoos from Arya! :x
Not to mention the meaningless escape attempt of Theon...
But the trial of Tyrion was... fantastic (?) and I really loved it's ending 8)
Can't wait to see the next episode now! :P It will be fun! :wink:
Awesome
Spoiler!
I can't really get into Stannis' story line, the only real note worthy character would be the Onion knight. Does this change later on, or something ?
I guess the purpose of that whole escape scene was to show the audience just how far Theon had fallen, as well as the set up for Theon acting as some kind of double agent working for Ramsay Snow. Still, it was good to have some action again.
Ah yes, Tyrion's trial was brilliant, especially his speech at the end followed by his closing statement "I demand trial by combat". If Peter Dinklage doesn't win an award from that scene I'll be surprised.
Oh, I'm just going to assume both Tywin and Tyrion are going to call Jamie as their champions ? Should be interesting.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#82 Post by Zylver »

The Rookie wrote:Awesome
Spoiler!
I can't really get into Stannis' story line, the only real note worthy character would be the Onion knight. Does this change later on, or something ?
I guess the purpose of that whole escape scene was to show the audience just how far Theon had fallen, as well as the set up for Theon acting as some kind of double agent working for Ramsay Snow. Still, it was good to have some action again.
Ah yes, Tyrion's trial was brilliant, especially his speech at the end followed by his closing statement "I demand trial by combat". If Peter Dinklage doesn't win an award from that scene I'll be surprised.
Oh, I'm just going to assume both Tywin and Tyrion are going to call Jamie as their champions ? Should be interesting.
"Stannis the mannis" surprised me a few times during this show and in the books as well. He should not be downgraded, but yes, Ser Davos is the one who will eventually pushes his story forward.
Btw, Liam Cunningham (aka Davos) should be careful with mad and power-hungry magician women around him 8) If you guys watched BBC's Merlin - especially the 5th season - you know what I mean ;)
Also: it will be Cersei who will pick a champion against Tyrion...
Spoiler!
and it won't be Jamie on either side :grin:

Fire.
- Anonymus

Zylver
Grand Templar

#83 Post by Zylver »

I know I'm double posting, BUT!

I have a very good reason to do so! ;)

So the next time: Scorpion vs. Motaro :D

Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#84 Post by The Rookie »

Zylver wrote:Hey Rookie!
If you need a compensation for your loss, go to the Game of Thrones thread... I posted something there that might cheer you up ;)
You can thank me later :D
Honestly, I got a pretty good chuckle out of this. Cheers man :grin: .

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#85 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Zylver wrote:So the next time: Scorpion vs. Motaro :D
Spoiler!
Wasn't that the fight that both of them ended up losing?

Zylver
Grand Templar

#86 Post by Zylver »

EvilNinjadude wrote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Indeed.
Oh and forgot to add:
The next episode will be aired in two weeks time...

Fire.
- Anonymus

EvilNinjadude
Templar Inner Circle

#87 Post by EvilNinjadude »

Zylver wrote:
EvilNinjadude wrote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Indeed.
Sounds like fun.

Zylver
Grand Templar

#88 Post by Zylver »

Btw, I got a bit curious a few days ago: who is/was your favourite character of the show and why? :P

(Yes, I know that if you have a favourite in the show GRRM will kill him/her in the next episode, but still I'm curious :P)

Fire.
- Anonymus

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#89 Post by The Rookie »

It's a trap ! George RR Martian can sense us discussing these things ! He knows... He always knows...

For the moment, Tyrion is probably my favourite. Although by saying this I've probably condemned him to death (;_;)

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#90 Post by judah4 »

The Rookie wrote:It's a trap ! George RR Martian can sense us discussing these things ! He knows... He always knows...

For the moment, Tyrion is probably my favourite. Although by saying this I've probably condemned him to death (;_;)
As much as I hate Lannisters, I actually like Tyrion. Other than that, I like Daenerys, Jon, and Arya :P