Moderator: Moderators

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

Re: My little Pony: friendship is magic

#2596 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

avengedplatypus wrote:HEY CESSNA!
http://forum.fobequestria.com/
JOIN THE FAMILY!
You would be surprised about the amount of military bronies... dont be scared to search ponies on Govt sponsored Wifi... I lived off of it for almost 8 months.
Eugh, bronies. :P

Pony communities scare me.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Yakamaru
Templar Master

#2597 Post by Yakamaru »

Ravenous222 wrote:~Snip snip snip~
Military barracks are a pain in the [censored] sometimes. :wink: Especially the older ones with lead in the walls. -_-
Really? You're in the military. What are you afraid of, anyway? It's a matter of respect, and I thought that's the first thing you learn while in the military?

What can they do if they find out you're a Brony? Poke you with a stick? No offense, but, if I were in your position, I'd teach the [censored] (if indeed they are [censored]. If not, then I apologize) a lesson or two if they messed around with me.

I'd just tell'em I like My Little Pony. If they had a problem with it, I'd just take it up with my commanding officer, and get moved somewhere else. Who knows. The place you end up might have a Brony or two.
There exist 10 different types of people in this world. Those who understand binary, and those that don't.

kitsune-sama
Master
Location: In Canterlot's symphony hall, performing for the equestrian nobility.

#2598 Post by kitsune-sama »

I'm back! *spylaugh.mp3*

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#2599 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Yakamaru wrote:
Ravenous222 wrote:~Snip snip snip~
Military barracks are a pain in the [censored] sometimes. :wink: Especially the older ones with lead in the walls. -_-
Really? You're in the military. What are you afraid of, anyway? It's a matter of respect, and I thought that's the first thing you learn while in the military?

What can they do if they find out you're a Brony? Poke you with a stick? No offense, but, if I were in your position, I'd teach the [censored] (if indeed they are [censored]. If not, then I apologize) a lesson or two if they messed around with me.

I'd just tell'em I like My Little Pony. If they had a problem with it, I'd just take it up with my commanding officer, and get moved somewhere else. Who knows. The place you end up might have a Brony or two.
If you whine to higher ups about being picked on, you'll just be seen as a crybaby. Yes, it's the military, so if people give you [censored], you just give them more [censored] and drive on. They certainly won't change your assignment because of it.

I love the [censored]-talking with my comrades, but I've got a reputation to maintain. :P Ponies are my dark secret, and it would just be ammo for them.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Evilsqirrel
Council Member

#2600 Post by Evilsqirrel »

I may not be actual military, but I am in the Junior ROTC program at my school, and I recently got promoted to 2lt. As Mr. MUDPUNISHER will be sure to tell you, he has gotten accustomed to calling me Lieutenant Brony. People gave me some crap at the beginning, but that is to be expected from people. Some of my cadets have apparently been talking crap about me behind my back, but that is to be expected from closed-minded people. Those people are of no threat to me (being a Company Commander has its perks. hehehe...)

Overall, being a brony will not do much other than give your friends something to rack on you about. Unless your friends or colleagues are extreme homophobes, they should do more than give you some crap about it just to mess with you.

Ravenous222
The Neobedouin Musician

#2601 Post by Ravenous222 »

Evilsqirrel wrote:I may not be actual military.
Then try not to give advice to those of us who are and have lived it. It's a whole different ballgame kiddo.
Overall, being a brony will not do much other than give your friends something to rack on you about.
Unless you're a service member where EVERYTHING you do counts either for you or against you. In the US military, there's no middle ground. Besides, everyone has their secrets, as well as the right to keep them if they so wish.
The meaning of life is to give life meaning.-Arjen Lucassen
One man's insanity is another man's reality.-Tim Burton

Evilsqirrel
Council Member

#2602 Post by Evilsqirrel »

Ravenous222 wrote:
Then try not to give advice to those of us who are and have lived it. It's a whole different ballgame kiddo.
Overall, being a brony will not do much other than give your friends something to rack on you about.
Unless you're a service member where EVERYTHING you do counts either for you or against you. In the US military, there's no middle ground. Besides, everyone has their secrets, as well as the right to keep them if they so wish.
I am terribly sorry that my personal experience disturbed you. I may not have your field experience, and most likely never will, but all I wanted to do was share my personal experiences with being open about being a brony. Even though I have quite a good understanding of the general workings of the U.S. Military and its hierarchy structure, and many other things of that nature, I have no experience, and I know that. All I know is that I am pretty darn sure when the chips are down, and you are on the front lines, the very last thing on your mind should be what the person next to you watches in his spare time.

I may not have field experience, but I am free to put in my opinion on the situation when and if I see fit. If you do not want rumors throughout the battalion because apparently, your whole entire battalion is full of superficial nut-jobs, then keep it quiet. I am in no position to tell you how to live, and I respect that. All I ask is that you be respectful to me when I am trying to help in any way I possibly can.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#2603 Post by supervanman64 »

Oh man, oh man, oh maaaaaaan. The new episodes, I loved them! :mrgreen:
Spoiler!
Sure, Sombra didn't get many lines at all, but despite lack of villain banter, I still loved the opening of this season.

Also: ponies look cool when using dark magic. :P

Evilsqirrel
Council Member

#2604 Post by Evilsqirrel »

supervanman64 wrote:Oh man, oh man, oh maaaaaaan. The new episodes, I loved them! :mrgreen:
Spoiler!
Sure, Sombra didn't get many lines at all, but despite lack of villain banter, I still loved the opening of this season.

Also: ponies look cool when using dark magic. :P
It sure was awesome, but if you ask me, not sure if this needs spoilers or not, but just to be on the safe side:
Spoiler!
I thought they went a bit heavy on the songs. I love Daniel Ingram and all, but that seemed a bit too much.

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#2605 Post by avengedplatypus »

Ravenous222 wrote:
uhhhhh.... no....
My company is full of Anime nerds, hardcore PC gamers, even an open furry.... no one gives a [censored] because we all know how stressful our jobs are and we all need something to ease our minds. Yeah we joke about it a lot, but we never mean anything by it. One of my buddies was actually a contract animator for MLP season 1 before he joined. My NCO likes ponies as well.
unless you're in some "HOOAH LOOK AT HOW BIG MY DICK IS" Infantry company... no one cares...
INTEL FTW
No one is going to ACTUALLY pick on you for something you like... they'll joke about it, but in the end they dont mean anything by it.
Because when it comes down to it. They want to make sure everyone they work with is on good terms with them. so if SHTF they know they can count on you.

AND NOW ABOUT THE NEW EP
I havent seen it yet, im going to a season 3 party tonight and watching it then.

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#2606 Post by Sean De Retro »

Finally it’s here.
Spoiler!
Sombra did try to hide that heart, guess he didn’t want Link to take it for his HP. Also LUNA :D .

kitsune-sama
Master
Location: In Canterlot's symphony hall, performing for the equestrian nobility.

#2607 Post by kitsune-sama »

Evilsqirrel wrote:It sure was awesome, but if you ask me, not sure if this needs spoilers or not, but just to be on the safe side:
Spoiler!
I thought they went a bit heavy on the songs. I love Daniel Ingram and all, but that seemed a bit too much.
What about Canterlot Wedding?

Evilsqirrel
Council Member

#2608 Post by Evilsqirrel »

kitsune-sama wrote:
Evilsqirrel wrote:It sure was awesome, but if you ask me, not sure if this needs spoilers or not, but just to be on the safe side:
Spoiler!
What about Canterlot Wedding?
I just never liked it when it was half songs and half show. I like songs for sure, but I think they are starting to cater a bit too much to the brony community. I appreciate that they give shoutouts to the community, but it is starting to get out of control. Of course, that is my view on it, and others will certainly disagree.

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#2609 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

Evilsquirrel, JROTC is nothing like the real military. I've been in both. I was the XO in high school, but I would have never tried to give real advice to a service member. I'll keep my skeletons in my closet, but I don't fear someone finding them.

On a real note: oh god a whole hour of pony, and it was glorious. I agree they went hard on the songs this time around, but they weren't awful. I look forward to pinkie clones next satuday

Let me tell you, it's hard to watch ponies in a packed MWR rec room. I had to wait for the youtube uploads as well because the starbucks wifi was out, and MWR didnt open until 11

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#2610 Post by tony1695 »

All I have to say about the new episode.
WIFE MISSILE
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD