My little Pony: friendship is magic

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

Re: My little Pony: friendship is magic

#2326 Post by avengedplatypus »

It feels good to have connections....
I was just talking to purple tinker, the guy who runs bronycon... Because im not sure if I can make it or not due to schedule conflicts... he said he would guarantee me admission if I worked as part of the con's security team.

And not just part of the security team, but seeing as im the only candidate for security with ANY military experience. I might be part of John De Lancies or Lauren Faust's security while at the con.

It sounds cooler than it really is. BUT HEY! I'd get to meet John and Lauren! that would be awesome!

(my job would be to stand there and make sure no one without a badge can get in to restricted areas... and to make sure no one harasses the speakers.)

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#2327 Post by Lordlyhour »

Convinced my sister to start making MLP Plushies by Showing her one that (IMO) was far below her normal Plushying standards that went for $1000 bucks. At that price, you could buy a Cheap REAL pony and Dye it whatever colors you wanted
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#2328 Post by Talaisan »

avengedplatypus wrote:It feels good to have connections....
I was just talking to purple tinker, the guy who runs bronycon... Because im not sure if I can make it or not due to schedule conflicts... he said he would guarantee me admission if I worked as part of the con's security team.

And not just part of the security team, but seeing as im the only candidate for security with ANY military experience. I might be part of John De Lancies or Lauren Faust's security while at the con.

It sounds cooler than it really is. BUT HEY! I'd get to meet John and Lauren! that would be awesome!

(my job would be to stand there and make sure no one without a badge can get in to restricted areas... and to make sure no one harasses the speakers.)
I may have to look into this. Though frankly, I'm surprised no one has contacted the Dorsai Irregular. They do con security professional.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#2329 Post by supervanman64 »

New episode! :kathrin:
Spoiler!
This episode reminded me of the episode of Spongebob where Neptune needs a fry cook.
"Why this burger tastes so good, I'd like to try it a SECOND TIME." XD

Other than that, I loved that AJ already knew the lesson that was given at the end of the episode. :kathrin:

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#2330 Post by Sean De Retro »

Pony time.
Spoiler!
I find it funny that they got cider an alcohol drink in a kids show today, even though they show no signs of getting drunk. And it just shows you that taking your time to making something can give you better results, like cake. :D
Also rule number 2, don’t call Granny Smith a chicken.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#2331 Post by Sage Asuka »

Sean De Retro wrote:Pony time.
Spoiler!
I find it funny that they got cider an alcohol drink in a kids show today, even though they show no signs of getting drunk.
Spoiler!
Well, it could've been THIS http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple_cider non alcoholic drink...or this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cider . My bet is on the former or that the existence of the first one made it okay to use it in a show as either interpretation could be taken depending on the viewer's age.
although I did get a good laugh out of the ending...'I DIDNT LEARN ANYTHING~!'
Image Image Image Image

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#2332 Post by Schrodinger »

Spoiler!
The thought that went through my mind when AJ skipped into the shot at the end was "Haters gonna hate, ponies gonna pwn."

Oh and did anyone catch Lyra hopping?
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#2333 Post by Sebbie »

Spoiler!
I find it funny that they got cider an alcohol drink in a kids show today, even though they show no signs of getting drunk. And it just shows you that taking your time to making something can give you better results, like cake. :D
Spoiler!
Well, in the US, the term "cider" usually refers to the non-alcoholic beverage, while the term "hard cider" is used for the alcoholic one. At least, that's the way it was in the Northeastern US, where I grew up.
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

neosgàthach
Merchant

#2334 Post by neosgàthach »

Sebbie wrote:
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
Well, in the US, the term "cider" usually refers to the non-alcoholic beverage, while the term "hard cider" is used for the alcoholic one. At least, that's the way it was in the Northeastern US, where I grew up.
Spoiler!
It's the same deal in Canada. Well, western at least. Cider is just a (generally hot) apple drink, and it's actually kinda uncommon to find alcoholic stuff.

As for the episode, my favourite ending yet. I loved how AJ already knew the lesson.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#2335 Post by Schrodinger »

Spoiler!
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Lordlyhour
Grand Templar
Location: Drinking your milkshake *SCLUUUUUUURP* DRINKING IT UP!

#2336 Post by Lordlyhour »

Spoiler!
A Freind of Mine actually Did the Maths: Despite the fact that the rest of the Mane 6 joined in on the Cider Production, The Flimflam Brothers Would've still won the competition if they hadn't Turned off the Quality Control. They had a large enough lead that the Added production of the Mane 6 would've still left them with a sizable lead
Welcome to the Future. Nothing's changed
Pony Podcast I'm a part of: http://www.everfreeradio.com
I am One in a Million, and There Are Seven Thousand People in the World Exactly Like Me

Kaibamon
Templar Master

#2337 Post by Kaibamon »

HUZZAH I have found my peopleXD.Well my bronies that are closer o me,seems there are some in Ro and we got a facebok group toXD.Happy day!
Spoiler!
And ofc this episode was awesome,quality is more important than quanitiy,I wonder if there are any chinese bronies that saw this:))

MrFlyingAmoeba
Grand Templar

#2338 Post by MrFlyingAmoeba »

That song was glorious.
Red Mage Statscoski wrote:That is not how we do things around here, buddy. First we have to argue incessantly over semantics.

Glitcher
Templar Master

#2339 Post by Glitcher »

Hey guys! I bought my ticket for BroNYcon! I'm so exited!!!!!
ImageImageImage

Arashi500
Master

#2340 Post by Arashi500 »

So apparently, because of Derpy's portrayl on the show, as I predicted previously, a bunch of bronies overreacted and interpreted that it was ableist, and made a petition that has garnered such attention that Hasbro/HUB/Studio-B/whoever has removed the episode from iTunes, is telling We Love Fine to remove all their Derpy shirts, and we may never get a central speaking role from Derpy, or another BG pony again.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.