My little Pony: friendship is magic

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

Re: My little Pony: friendship is magic

#2101 Post by fenning »

FurryForlife wrote:
Arashi500 wrote:It's been that way for me for most episodes. Very few episodes have had a really unique story(even in season 1). The overall story is not a strong point for the show IMO.
I'll be the one to put this out there: There is no such thing as a unique story any more.
Meh, I sort of disagree. There's an infinite amount of constructs the mind can create. Essentially, there is always a new story to right. It's just a lot harder to write newer stories, since most of the stories that were easy to write have all ready been written. Who knows, maybe they'll pull a powerpuff girls on us, ie, be awesome, but seemingly shallow, until they make a bunch of crazy new plot ideas. Or maybe they won't...it IS Hasbro, regardless of the awesomeness of MLP.

Arashi500
Master

#2102 Post by Arashi500 »

FurryForlife wrote:
Arashi500 wrote:It's been that way for me for most episodes. Very few episodes have had a really unique story(even in season 1). The overall story is not a strong point for the show IMO.
I'll be the one to put this out there: There is no such thing as a unique story any more.
To a degree. Down to the most base description of a story, you can count the number of truly different stories on your fingers. It ALL comes down to presentation (see: Shakespeare), and MLP is excellent in that regard.

Also: new episode!
Spoiler!
As much as I liked Rarity's song, it was jarringly different voice, be that because her VA simply can' maintain Rarity's dialect while singing, or they had someone else do the song. New Wonderbolt, an Octavia appearance(if dialectless), and wet-hair Opalessence.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

supervanman64
Too Curious For His Own Good

#2103 Post by supervanman64 »

So many things to say about this new episode.
Spoiler!
I really hate the Canterlot accent, but this Fancypants guy did seem a bit more down-to-earth than the others. :3
New song from Rarity! And Octavia appearance! : D

Plus, I simply adored Twilight in her yellow dress, dancing like a total nerd. :kathrin:

Arashi500
Master

#2104 Post by Arashi500 »

supervanman64 wrote:So many things to say about this new episode.
Spoiler!
I really hate the Canterlot accent, but this Fancypants guy did seem a bit more down-to-earth than the others. :3

Plus, I simply adored Twilight in her yellow dress, dancing like a total nerd. :kathrin:
Spoiler!
That dance... I was embarrassed just watching it.
My last.fm

War is not about dying for your country or beliefs, but making the other SOB die for his.

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#2105 Post by fenning »

My opinion:
Spoiler!
I personally loved this episode. I thought it was way better than it seemed it was going to be, and I feel like the plot wasn't as predictable as the last few.

Also, Octavia! and a new song! And princess Celestia! And 5 of the mane 6 being really unbearably oblivious and annoying...oh wait...I hated that part...I expected better from you Fluttershy...
supervanman64 wrote:So many things to say about this new episode.
Spoiler!

Spoiler!
My soul was damaged from watching Twilight do the monkey.

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#2106 Post by FurryForlife »

Spoiler!
Indeed it hurt to watch Twilight dance. As for the song, it likely would have sounded better if I wasn't having caffeine withdrawal headaches at the moment. Over all I liked the episode, but I pretty much called it until the last 5-10 minutes, when Twilight showed up.
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

fenning
Templar GrandMaster

#2107 Post by fenning »

Ok, I just finished reading Heavenly Turmoil, and let me just say, it was FANTASTIC.

It's really sad, and really grimdark (not cupcakes grimdark, but still fairly grimdark), but really amazing. I find this story to be, whether purposefully or not, to be a fantastic analogy to the way that Satan exists in our world (if you believe in him...or not. Either way is fine, I'm just making a point).

Read this now.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#2108 Post by Sage Asuka »

Spoiler!
I loved this episode ;w; I mean, it was pretty predictable what was going to happen until Twilight showed up. Then you assume she's going to go between the two parties...BUT THEN TWILIGHT. You keep throwing the curve balls don't you girl XD I actually like the dress she got better than the one Rarity was going to make. It's fun! And then Pinkie's party cannon. Octavia. And a song sl;fkjds I actually liked the song. And the outfit Rarity was wearing at the art gallery.
I didn't like the other mane cast being annoying...but oh well. It was short compared to the rest of the awesome.
Image Image Image Image

Glitcher
Templar Master

#2109 Post by Glitcher »

Haha, just got home and decided to check all of my DeviantArt deviations. After clicking "x" a couple times I start to notice something odd. Why is Rarity dressed like a french pony? Oh [censored], I forgot that our fandom has crazy people who manage to make vectors of stuff in under an hour. Anyways, off to go watch the new episode before I accidentally stumble onto more spoilers.

Edit: Watched it, loved it.
Spoiler!
So many things in this episode, and I actually caught some of the background characters doing stuff (which I usually completely miss). Lyra had a funny pink hat, one that looked like the mad hatter might wear. Also did anyone notice tat Doctor whooves made an appearance? He had a grey coat and a black mane though >:(
Pinkie Pie's party cannon!!! I want one!!
And finally, yay for Dash not being completely oblivious like all of the other ponies, that completely made up for you being a jerk in the last episode.
ImageImageImage

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#2110 Post by Sean De Retro »

I’m going to need to take breaks watching this episode.
Spoiler!
so many posh ponies, so many of them, BRUN THEM ALL! O_o

Glitcher
Templar Master

#2111 Post by Glitcher »

Sean De Retro wrote:I’m going to need to take breaks watching this episode.
Spoiler!
so many posh ponies, so many of them, BRUN THEM ALL! O_o
What? NO! DON'T DO THAT!! HORSE SLAUGHTER ISN'T LEGAL IN EQUESTRIA!!
ImageImageImage

Arashi500
Master

#2112 Post by Arashi500 »

Spoiler!
I kinda found it jarring that Rarity didn't end up finishing that dress for Twilight, or that Rarity lying about RD's relationship with the Wonderbolts didn't become a problem. Anyone notice the Diamond Dog appearance during the montage? Hes on the left side when it really starts panning out.
My last.fm

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#2113 Post by Sage Asuka »

Spoiler!
Actually...I personally found it HILARIOUS how Rarity got away with telling lies. Especially considering the type of audience this is supposed to have. Everything just happened to work out perfectly for her in the end so...hah.
Image Image Image Image

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

#2114 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

Spoiler!
Just got done with the episode, and I loved it. Pretty much saw the whole thing play out before it did. But I honestly love how they can actually make these kinda plots fresh. Its hard to write new stories, but its always easier to present old stories in a new way, which this show usually does perfectly. :3

Also Rarity lucked OUT! XD

And Twilight is adorably dorky.

As for the rest of the mane cast being annoying, eh. I blame it on being all wound up from a party, you try going from a rockin' birthday party to a fancy garden party and not annoy the [censored] out of at least one person. It simply can't be done.
Sage Asuka wrote:
Spoiler!
Actually...I personally found it HILARIOUS how Rarity got away with telling lies. Especially considering the type of audience this is supposed to have. Everything just happened to work out perfectly for her in the end so...hah.
Best part of the episode. Especially in such a moral ridden show. >w>
ImageImageImageImage

KyeRaor
Grand Templar

#2115 Post by KyeRaor »

Congrats Glitcher again, saw your Apple Jack wallpaper on EqD!
Wallper Comp 15