#1 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Saints win 31-17

WHO DAT?
VERY, GOOD

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

Re: Superbowl XLIV

#2 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

I only half-payed attention. It's a lot harder to focus on the game when you're watching alone. :c

Still, 'twas a great game, and the half-time show wasn't bad. That's about all I can say.

Edited for grammar.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Ryusen »

Once the Saints did that on-sides kick, the game was over. They just had too much momentum.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

Scytalle
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by Scytalle »

This means a whole lot to NO and the entire state, I'm glad they got the win.

[Yokel]
Grand Templar

#5 Post by [Yokel] »

Ryusen wrote:Once the Saints did that on-sides kick, the game was over. They just had too much momentum.
This. Curses.
Go vertical.

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Verilidaine »

My housemate and I were trying to decide what the best moment was: the Saints' first touchdown, the dog pile opening the second half, their on-side kick, or the interception/touchdown. Sooo many great moments. I shrieked a lot. :grin:

rmb
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by rmb »

I had a few friends over and my one friend, Hannah, kept asking if we could change the channel.

I LOVE MY GIRLFRIENDS!
Phyco wrote: *Aria, listen
*Just grab his face and shove your tongue down his throat

Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
Image Image Image Image Click me please! :D

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#8 Post by FastChapter »

I watched mostly for the advertisements, but it was awesome to see the Saints pull off some pretty hinky plays. I'd almost forgotten what a two-point conversion was until today, and even then I was wondering why they weren't kicking the ball, :P

CBS had some balls broadcasting the French Quarter live. I'm amazed there weren't any rogue flashers in their midst!

avengedplatypus
The Local Platypus

#9 Post by avengedplatypus »

Should have been the vikings.

thats all im saying on the subject.

The Luigiian
Banned
Banned

#10 Post by The Luigiian »

I was rooting for them, but didn't think they could do it.

I think part of it was that the Indianapolis coach was a little fresher 'round the gills than the Nawlins coach.

I was shocked. I was thinking "somehow Indianapolis is going to make a miracle play, there's no way the Saints can really win it" up till the minute mark. Then I went, whoa.

Verilidaine
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Verilidaine »

Man, after the first half I was ready to just throw in the towel and turn most of my attention elsewhere with the game on in the background, because the Colts were just looking so solid and the Saints looked, well, like a group of middle school girls. :roll:

Also, hee, I got to feel all authoritative and knowledgeable when my housemate (she's a soccer girl, but even this game held her attention in the last half) asked me what the heck they were doing with the two-point conversion. Random knowledge ftw!

I think I've decided that my favorite moment is a tie between the first touchdown and the interception. I'm still just really thrilled that the last game of this season was so good. There was a lot of talent on both sides. :grin:

AP... the Vikings lost. Sorry, but, if you lost, it shouldn't be you. It's like me saying, "It should have been the Broncos," but they just didn't cut it this year (*wince*...). *shrug*

[Yokel]
Grand Templar

#12 Post by [Yokel] »

...and again I'm left confuzzled for a few seconds thinking you're talking about the Brisbane Broncos. :|

Yeah, my experience of the game was pretty much reversed. Smug and self-assured gloating for the first untouchable half, but then slowly pulling "the face" (you know what I mean) as it slipped away from the Colts late-game.
Go vertical.

admon
Master

#13 Post by admon »

Yea, I'm a colts fan (and have been almost all of my life), so this game was extremely painful to me. The only plus side to this for me is that Drew Brees won a ring before Curtis Painter did. They are both Purdue qb's, which happens to be the school I go to (and the one almost all my relatives went to as well).
IF I'M YELLING YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY