How did you get into webcomics?

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

Re: How did you get into webcomics?

#31 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Insomniac wrote:Sophmore year of high school, one of my classmates in some class or another had a powerpoint presentation on Jay Naylor.
I ... what? A classroom presentation on... but Jay Naylor's comics... soapboxing... he...

This is one of those things that is at once making me recoil in horror, disturbingly curious, and genuinely surprised for a change.

Thank you for reminding me, though, of when I started webcomics: Middle School, about 6th grade. Can't remember which webcomic it was (some webcomic where a guy interviewed videogame characters, but again cannot recall if it was my first), but I recall it none the less.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

NinjaWithAStick
Merchant

#32 Post by NinjaWithAStick »

hehe...

I came across this one. In fact, to this very day TwoKinds has remained the first of several browser tabs that are reserved for webcomics.
And that's just my walking stick...

KimTheFURRYLover
Citizen

#33 Post by KimTheFURRYLover »

i actually found original life and better days by a accident. I was on a youknowwhat site with furry youknowwhat with better days chars there...dont ask about the site. After that i got a link from a friend that lead to 2kinds...i used a half week to read all the pages three times. Now i...wait, thats not right. My first comic was twolumps lol. Eben and snootch are so funny. I found it by clicking a link on a imvu group.
N: the site was a P-gets hit in the head by a shovel-
K:enough from you. Dont care about him, he's just evil.
gamers don't die, they respawn.
Xbox live: imvulog

ImageImage
http://dragcave.net/user/KimTheFURRYLover

Sleight of Word
Templar

#34 Post by Sleight of Word »

I was browsing a forum of some kind, when I came across some passing reference to what I would later find out was "Questionable Content." I was intrigued, and later someone posted a link to VG cats. That was the real first one I read. Currently, I follow... 35 different comics. I just can't get enough of 'em. :P
My favorites are 2kinds, Questionable Content, and MS Paint Adventures.
Heavy Decibels are playing on my guitar,
we got vibrations coming up from the floor.
We're just listening to the Rock that's giving too much noise,
Are you deaf, you wanna hear some more?

admon
Master

#35 Post by admon »

i blame mmorpgs for my webcomic addiction now. a friend of mine showed me LFG, dark legacy, and a few other comics i dont remember now (they have long been discontinued). i then branched out from mmo comics, to video games, to everything else.
IF I'M YELLING YOU SHOULDN'T BE TAKING ME SERIOUSLY

PhycoKrusk
Grand Templar

#36 Post by PhycoKrusk »

Back when 28.8 kilobaud was considered pretty good, I began searching the internet for... something, I forget what. Somehow, this led to a Star Fox fan page, and I was introduced to fan fiction (back when everyone aspired to the levels of great names like jwolfman, FlyerFox, and Star McCloud).

Fan fiction, led to fan art. Fan art, led to web comics. Web comics, led to 2kinds. 2kinds, led to Sebbie, and now that I have seen the face of Sebbie, forever will he dominate my destiny.

Sebbie
The Guy You're Gay For

#37 Post by Sebbie »

PhycoKrusk wrote:Back when 28.8 kilobaud was considered pretty good, I began searching the internet for... something, I forget what. Somehow, this led to a Star Fox fan page, and I was introduced to fan fiction (back when everyone aspired to the levels of great names like jwolfman, FlyerFox, and Star McCloud).

Fan fiction, led to fan art. Fan art, led to web comics. Web comics, led to 2kinds. 2kinds, led to Sebbie, and now that I have seen the face of Sebbie, forever will he dominate my destiny.
The feeling's mutual, my friend :grin:
PhycoKrusk wrote:especially Alaric who, without all that fur, I imagine is ripped
Image ImageImageImageImageImage

N106
Master

#38 Post by N106 »

For me, it all started back in November.
One of my friends showed me Cyanide & Happiness.
After enjoying that comic, I became hungry for other webcomics. I googled "best webcomics". I found Kevin & Kell and read halfway through the archive. I also found www.tobwebcomics.com. At the time I found it, Phoenix Requiem was at the top. I wasn't interested, so I clicked on #2 on the list: 2kinds.
Webcomics I've read since then: Penny Arcade, VGCats, Better Days, Housepets, Slightly D***ed, and The Meek.
I also read several of the reviews on the Bad Webcomics Wiki and that blog "your webcomic is bad, and you should feel bad"
In my adolescent delusion of creativity, I decided to mix bad drawing and some of the worst dialouge ever to make...
http://canisplagiarius.smackjeeves.com/

mistyfüd
Citizen

#39 Post by mistyfüd »

My older brother introduced me to XKCD when I was a wee small one (he even drew his own, shortlived comic called The C Effect). From that I found comics like Cyanide and Happiness, Questionable Content, and LICD. One day I was searching for something Sonic related and stumbled upon Power Rings, which had a LasLindas banner. That got me into the Katbox and its comics (Eye of Ramalach FTW!). One of the comics had an incentive link which I followed. Twokinds was No. 3 and looked just absurd enough for me to read, so here I am! How I remember all of this, I don't know...
ImageImage

milesrose
New Citizen

#40 Post by milesrose »

Twokinds got me into them.

After finding Tom's DA by chance, I followed the link back to the comic, wondering what it was. I fell in love. I read the whole thing in less than a day. Sometime later I found Furthia High, then Concession, and finally Suicide For Hire. Now I'm a Webcomic kitty. I love reading them :flora:
Rawr?
Miles Is currently playing: Persona 3

CaptainBaconMan
Master

#41 Post by CaptainBaconMan »

TwoKinds was my first webcomic.

MasterTemplar
Grand Templar

#42 Post by MasterTemplar »

Well really 2kinds is the only one I've actually gotten into.
ImageImage

Zauberer
Citizen

#43 Post by Zauberer »

I've read Penny-Arcade for awhile, but I didn't get into web comics with real stories until I read "Grim Tales" at snafu-comics.com

Since then I've been searching the web, found "Looking for Group", and eventually Two Kinds.

Kilroywuzheere
All that and a side of fries

#44 Post by Kilroywuzheere »

About 6-7 years ago a friend introduced me to 8-bit theater, and Bob and George. It developed from there into me reading a lot of sprite comics, which I thought were hilarious back when I was a kid. I still think they can be, but they're so easy to make that its hard to sort out the bad ones without reading them. At any rate, a lot of these sprite comics were hosted on Comic Genesis, which has a link exchange, this lead me to Emergency Exit, which was my first REAL webcomic, if you know what I mean. And everything went from there. :3

TwoKinds got discovered somehow in my first semester of college and I read it twice in two days. :P
ImageImageImageImage

leoian
Banned
Banned

#45 Post by leoian »

CaptainBaconMan wrote:TwoKinds was my first webcomic.
Me too and now Twokinds is my drugs my coffee an my inspiration.
I'm a twokinds addict :trace: :flora: :keith: :natani: :kathrin: :eric: :eric: :laura: :evals: :mike: :karen: :maren: :redhair: :sythe: :nora: :potatoes: Image
:flora: