X-Blades

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

RaizenX
Banned
Banned

X-Blades

#1 Post by RaizenX »

Anyone played X-Blades?I finished it once on medium and thinking of finishing it at Pro level.It's sorta cool but I got the bad ending that sorta sux so I think I'm gonna try to refinish to see how the good ending is.

FlaminPheonix
Templar GrandMaster

Re: X-Blades

#2 Post by FlaminPheonix »

well i started playing it at a friends and it just really pissed me off

the storyline and voice acting is terrible (i played this in english so if that's not the original language i don't care its the most commonly played one i assume so they could have put in some effort)

the gameplay is glitchy i cant count how many times i got stuck in things or i ended up spinning madly from the lock on aim thing

and i couldn't see the fun in just sitting there shooting endlessly spawning rows of identical monsters

ok the levels are nicely designed lots of contrasting area's and some of the lighting effects make some things look good (not that the graphics are exceptional) but the style of the character is ok.

would have been nicer had the surrounding world been drawn more like the character (style wise) IMO

and once i got lightning power (swords and bullet covered in lightning) i didn't need anything else i could just cut through almost anything

mind you i only played till about half way cause it just got too boring of the constant roll of go through level defeat all enemies. go to next room defeat all enemies go to next room fight big boss and lots of enemies

rinse and repeat

ok there were some levels where you just had to dodge huge falling blades or so but they were really short and very poorly designed

for instance the level where i had to double jump forwards or so the button combination i was told had nothing to do with the jumping it said tap backwards twice and fire to perform forward dive or whatever

and i was like O.o

turned out to be forwards then jump and forwards

sorry bout the bit of a rant but its not great unless you want to just fight endless enemies

and the story reminds me of unreal tournament 3

as in its got nothing really to do with the game i mean in UT3 all they do is add a world map menu thing to select a game type you want to play with bots and the whole we need to capture their core in order to get more power for our empire is a load of crap its just plain instant fight mode with a fancy menu and some dude talking over the loading screen

in xblades all that happens in story is you fight tones of dudes and then a quick cut scene does some story stuff that detracts from what the game is meant to be

pointless killing of stuff

and that's what its good at so it should stick with it and screw the story stuff

:edit:

(ok i just watched zero punctuation and have realized how much i have stolen from him) sowwy
ImageImage
Ultramus wrote:I just got the mental image of the north pole being raided by Bolsheviks :shock:

Drisk Kayne
Grand Templar

#3 Post by Drisk Kayne »

Wow, I just saw an X-play review for this. I think I can sum up their impression of it in one short sentence.

"This game sucks."
"Free will is an illusion, and everyone is going to do what they are going to do. This is because before they do it, they're going to have done it, and afterwards they've already done it."

"So it goes."

Blazeofspikes
Council Member

#4 Post by Blazeofspikes »

Wait a sec is this the RPG game where it features Nippon ichi, capcom, Namco bandai, and a bunch of other animes series I don't know about like gust, and idea factory in one whole package. That is coming around this march in north America and I still haven't seen it in gamestop somewhere. I wonder how this game could get a score a 1 out of 5 from X-play. *Goes to G4tv to check it out.*

Edit: Oh whoops wrong game I apprently got X blades confused for X edge >.<

FuzzlePup
Merchant

#5 Post by FuzzlePup »

Its a very poor game that is trying to sell their garbage by putting a half naked girl into the mix hoping teens and puberty stricken kids will buy them in bulk. Simply another example of the manipulative efforts of feeding us this, "Not only is shes sexy, shes empowered and is better than any man."
"Everythings always better with two scoops of Fuzz"