Pokemon Thread

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

Re: Pokemon Thread

#316 Post by Twippit »

Back in the day, I was a fire-starter-guy, but I've realized since then that I prefer the grass starters... And this gen is no different. (I hated Snivy though. I literally did not use him at all in Black.)
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#317 Post by Ironworks »

In a gameplay and mechanics sense, I can say my expectations are high.
In a sense of Pokemon, concept and art design, I'm probably going to have the same reaction as I did with 5th gen.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#318 Post by judah4 »

Twippit wrote:Back in the day, I was a fire-starter-guy, but I've realized since then that I prefer the grass starters... And this gen is no different. (I hated Snivy though. I literally did not use him at all in Black.)
I actually started to like oshwatt surprisingly for black 2. :P Gen 2 was the only one that I switche back and forth between the fire and grass starters

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#319 Post by Twippit »

judah4 wrote:
Twippit wrote:Back in the day, I was a fire-starter-guy, but I've realized since then that I prefer the grass starters... And this gen is no different. (I hated Snivy though. I literally did not use him at all in Black.)
I actually started to like oshwatt surprisingly for black 2. :P Gen 2 was the only one that I switche back and forth between the fire and grass starters
I'm with you on that one. Oshwatt was pretty great. For me it was gen 3... Although Blazekin beat out all competition on that one.
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#320 Post by SirSlaughter »

I loved pokemon but the magic truly died for me at gen 5. The best was gen 2 or me.

Fire starter guy. I did all the different ones in gen 1, but charmander was my choice. But I loved them all the same.

Gen 2: Tododile and Cyniquil were my choices, I went fire again. But those two were my favs.

Gen 3: Ok this is getting weird but I went with fire although I like the grass one in terms of design better.

Gen 4:...Imma go with the monkey! Or the big turtle thing. Reminds me a bulbasoar because he's a turtle.

BlackstripeTiger
Apprentice

#321 Post by BlackstripeTiger »

Any starter is fine for me, though i've avoided fire starters since gen3, 3 generations of fire fighting starter pokemon, just why?
If they're gonna pull that trick on fennekin, im gonna slap the designers in the face, be original ffs

DeviantArt

Mew? "Little One"? Who's that? Flora, comic 543

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#322 Post by SirSlaughter »

BlackstripeTiger wrote:Any starter is fine for me, though i've avoided fire starters since gen3, 3 generations of fire fighting starter pokemon, just why?
If they're gonna pull that trick on fennekin, im gonna slap the designers in the face, be original ffs
No, it's just gonna replace everyones favorite fire canines. Nothing but Fennecian all over the interwebs. I hope the evolved forms aren't too janked. I don't think they're gonna do another fire/fighting type.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#323 Post by Sage Asuka »

Fennekin and Froakie are too cute for their own good. The grass starter is warming up on me...but seriously FENNECS AND FROGS. I want both those babies in my game QAQ
Also hurray for a blonde female trainer who doesn't have overly outrageous hair and clothing. She's cute ;v;
Image Image Image Image

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#324 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Hay nintendo. We already have a fire type fox. It's called vulpix. Evolves to ninetails? Hello? Gen 1? Did you forget? :roll:

Not that I don't immediately love fennekin (who we are all gonna name either keith or Laura, let's be honest :P) but surely there must be enough animals that we've never heard of to cover some more pokemons, so why we are they reusing foxes and frogs again?

Oh and fire types are the best ever and I used them for all gens except for gen 5 which was oshawott. (also gen 4 which I skipped, but yeah)
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#325 Post by FurryForlife »

Well, in generation 1 I had yellow version... so I didn't have to pick.
Gen 2: I went with my fire starter...
Gen 3: Fire starter, Too adorable to pass up, and became bad [censored] really fast.
Gen 4: Fire starter
Gen 5: Fire starter.... Only played through once, a second try will have me picking the Water starter though.
Gen 6 will have me on lock down because of the fact they used a Fox...
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Geo_&_Bio
Grand Templar

#326 Post by Geo_&_Bio »

I am extremely excited for the new Pokemon game.
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Hay nintendo. We already have a fire type fox. It's called vulpix. Evolves to ninetails? Hello? Gen 1? Did you forget? :roll:

Not that I don't immediately love fennekin (who we are all gonna name either keith or Laura, let's be honest :P) but surely there must be enough animals that we've never heard of to cover some more pokemons, so why we are they reusing foxes and frogs again?
I noticed that as well, the fire-fox and the water-frog. Fennekin also kind of reminds me of a Fire version of Eevee without actually looking like flarron. It looks like they put the fluff from eevee's neck and placed it in the ear region and then colored it with fire theme. I still love fennekin(Fire pokemon all the way(though I was slightly disappointed with torchik's evolutions)) but like you said, there were a lot of varieties they could of used.
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#327 Post by Sage Asuka »

I dunno, I disagree with the mindset 'Nintendo you already used this animal before'. But then again, when I look at fennekin I just see 'FENNEC FOX AAHH' whereas the others were different fox breeds. Same with having Froakie.

As for my starters...I tend to favor grass or water types. I went with squirtle, chikorita, mudkip, skipped gen 4, then snivy. Although I have to say I'm currently torn between Fennekin and Froakie. QwQ they're both so adorable.
Image Image Image Image

Akira110
Literary Artist

#328 Post by Akira110 »

I for one am not looking forward to Generation 6, my reasoning is rather simple. Since Generation 3, they've completely rewrote the metagame in every generation. In Generation 3, you had Natures and Abilities. In Generation 4 you had the Physical/Special Split and the new move, Stealth Rock(Which I still say is incredibly broken), and in Generation 5, they introduced powerful new Dream World abilities and in each generation since Generation 3, the Fire Type(Which is my favorite type since Generation 2) has become more and more useless with a few exceptions. My question is, what metagame changing feature are they going to add this time? I don't know, it just seems like Generation 2 had the most balance, and every generation after that, they've been trying to make the game unbalanced to the point where battling against other people devolves from actual strategy to seeing if you can OHKO your opponent's pokemon before they do.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#329 Post by SirSlaughter »

http://v.cdn.cad-comic.com/comics/cad-2 ... -ce4b9.png

Linked because of headsplosion, But I have similar feelings as the comic does.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#330 Post by Sage Asuka »

Slowly but surely more pokemon emerge.
New eeveelution makes me think of milotics. Seriously. All I can think of is beauty. I am more than likely wrong but that is all that comes to mind. That and it's a female/male duo since the eeveelutions have always come in pairs since after the initial trio. That is my guess.
Image Image Image Image