Pokemon Thread

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

Re: Pokemon Thread

#286 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

JediGuy wrote:So, yeah. Hey guys?

Revivin' this thread on account of...y'know, the first Poke'mon game that's actually a direct sequel than a remake.

Poke'mon White and Black 2
Wait what? Really? That's new, i'll have to actually force my way through pokemon (pure)white and complete it then. But did they really have to give the legendaries new forms? I mean I know the target audience is kids but come on.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#287 Post by Sean De Retro »

Revivin' this thread on account of...y'know, the first Poke'mon game that's actually a direct sequel than a remake.

A direct sequel to Black and White and not a different version? That’s new, but still why the DS and not the 3DS? It would be interesting to see it all in 3D?

bigro
Grand Templar

#288 Post by bigro »

wat

The one thing I thought I'd never see from pokemon, numeric sequels. Ah well, that just tainted my view on it no matter how ball bustingly good it may be.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#289 Post by Akira110 »

This also proves what everyone has been saying about pokemon, they are running out of ideas since all they did was combine two different pokemon and call it a new form of one of the other pokemon.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#290 Post by Ironworks »

Sean De Retro wrote:why the DS and not the 3DS? It would be interesting to see it all in 3D?
This.
Not only does the 3DS absolutely NEED something as powerful as the Pokemon franchise for the system to be considered competent, in my opinion at least, but they had even mentioned wanting to release a Pokemon game for the 3DS as soon as possible, which I presumed would be the next to come.
Hopefully they will release on both?
bigro wrote:Ah well, that just tainted my view on it no matter how ball bustingly good it may be.
Akira110 wrote:they are running out of ideas.
And these. Shame, as I really was the biggest Pokemon fan up until the 5th generation of Pokemon.
I'm honestly surprised it had lasted this long with it's forced franchise feel. Sometimes I feel if they had been less adamant on the whole NEW GENERATION ASAP bit, Pokemon wouldn't have thinned out so quickly in the latter generations, and its cult of fans would be that much stronger.

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#291 Post by Nuff »

Pfft. of course it wasn't to be released on the 3DS. Even Nintendoh know that the 3DS is a horrible failure with a daft gimmick that everyone hates.

Akira110
Literary Artist

#292 Post by Akira110 »

Nuff wrote:Pfft. of course it wasn't to be released on the 3DS. Even Nintendoh know that the 3DS is a horrible failure with a daft gimmick that everyone hates.
According to the site it will be a DS Game with features that can only be used on the DSi and 3DS, meaning that Nintendo is hoping that the 3DS will not end up being a loss for them.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

Sean De Retro
Council Member

#293 Post by Sean De Retro »

GumbyDarnit wrote:
Sean De Retro wrote:why the DS and not the 3DS? It would be interesting to see it all in 3D?
This.
Not only does the 3DS absolutely NEED something as powerful as the Pokemon franchise for the system to be considered competent, in my opinion at least, but they had even mentioned wanting to release a Pokemon game for the 3DS as soon as possible, which I presumed would be the next to come.
Hopefully they will release on both?
Well the 3DS does have Mario, a remake of Ocarina of time and Star Fox 64 to help it bit. But it could do with some more of their main franchise like Metroid, there’re some other games out for it but that depends if comes out of japan is the thing and some that yet to come out. Also Nintendo would be doing better if Capcom didn’t Cancelled Mega Man Legends 3.
GumbyDarnit wrote:
bigro wrote:Ah well, that just tainted my view on it no matter how ball bustingly good it may be.
Akira110 wrote:they are running out of ideas.
And these. Shame, as I really was the biggest Pokemon fan up until the 5th generation of Pokemon.
I'm honestly surprised it had lasted this long with it's forced franchise feel. Sometimes I feel if they had been less adamant on the whole NEW GENERATION ASAP bit, Pokemon wouldn't have thinned out so quickly in the latter generations, and its cult of fans would be that much stronger.
To me 5th gen has some good Pokemon (Kamen Rider Pokemon). They could take their time and work on some other Pokemon game like mystery dungeon, I know that there is a 3rd one but it’s only in Japan. They could always do a remake on the 3rd gen, also release some of the older games on the 3DS Virtual Console, if they can’t think of anything for the main series yet.

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#294 Post by JediGuy »

Also, if I may: Poke'park 2: BW.

...why haven't I heard of Poke'park before? WHY IS THIS NOT IN ENGLISH!?
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#295 Post by judah4 »

JediGuy wrote:Also, if I may: Poke'park 2: BW.

...why haven't I heard of Poke'park before? WHY IS THIS NOT IN ENGLISH!?
I think i remember pokepark being released before but it wasn't any good, or so I heard, and I never actually tried it

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#296 Post by FurryForlife »

So I've sunk about 60 hours of play time into my Black Version in about a week in a half...
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

#297 Post by JediGuy »

FurryForlife wrote:So I've sunk about 60 hours of play time into my Black Version in about a week in a half...
Any particular reason?
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#298 Post by FurryForlife »

JediGuy wrote:
FurryForlife wrote:So I've sunk about 60 hours of play time into my Black Version in about a week in a half...
Any particular reason?
Well it took me 18 hours of play time to beat the game, and because I have this irritating lack of a job I have this excess of time on my hands. Oh, and I'm on Spring Break, so no homework to be working on.
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#299 Post by Twippit »

Does anybody know if there're any plans for a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, and if/when it'll come out? That's the whole reason I've been sticking with the series since gen 5 (which, IMO, was terrible).
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#300 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

Well look what popped up on my youtube page. They're really reaching :roll:

But i'm actually looking forward to this one. It's like FF Tactics + Dynasty Warriors x Pokemon. And I loved all of those games :P

I maaay have bad taste...
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage