Pokemon Thread

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

Re: Pokemon Thread

#301 Post by Twippit »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Well look what popped up on my youtube page. They're really reaching :roll:

But i'm actually looking forward to this one. It's like FF Tactics + Dynasty Warriors x Pokemon. And I loved all of those games :P

I maaay have bad taste...
Now that looks interesting. But I still wanna see the new R/S/E versions. That's what I'm waiting for (they're like R/B/Y to me... ah nostalgia)
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#302 Post by FurryForlife »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:Well look what popped up on my youtube page. They're really reaching :roll:

But i'm actually looking forward to this one. It's like FF Tactics + Dynasty Warriors x Pokemon. And I loved all of those games :P

I maaay have bad taste...
That does seem interesting...
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

BlackstripeTiger
Apprentice

#303 Post by BlackstripeTiger »

Twippit wrote:Does anybody know if there're any plans for a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, and if/when it'll come out? That's the whole reason I've been sticking with the series since gen 5 (which, IMO, was terrible).
that might happen if they continue remakes according to the 2 generation pattern:
gen 3 came and gen 1 got remade, gen 4 came and gen 2 got remade
so if my predictions are right, and if they dont start gen 6 (im thinking they begin to overdo it then), a gen 3 remake (and maybe also a gen 1) will occur
on a side note, someone (i think it was gamefreaks CEO) told that the remakes were pure nostalgic

also thumbs up for Black & White 2 comming to EU & US end this year

DeviantArt

Mew? "Little One"? Who's that? Flora, comic 543

bigro
Grand Templar

#304 Post by bigro »

BlackstripeTiger wrote:
Twippit wrote:Does anybody know if there're any plans for a remake of Ruby/Sapphire, and if/when it'll come out? That's the whole reason I've been sticking with the series since gen 5 (which, IMO, was terrible).
that might happen if they continue remakes according to the 2 generation pattern:
gen 3 came and gen 1 got remade, gen 4 came and gen 2 got remade
so if my predictions are right, and if they dont start gen 6 (im thinking they begin to overdo it then), a gen 3 remake (and maybe also a gen 1) will occur
on a side note, someone (i think it was gamefreaks CEO) told that the remakes were pure nostalgic

also thumbs up for Black & White 2 comming to EU & US end this year
By this logic there should be a D/P remake sometime...in the next decade and a bit. :|

wut

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#305 Post by AzeNaku »

BlackstripeTiger wrote:(and maybe also a gen 1)
A remake of a remake of R/B/Y? Remake-ception! :wink:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

bigro
Grand Templar

#306 Post by bigro »

AzeNaku wrote:
a remake of the remake even. what are they going to do after that :| remake the remade remake? Surely not....

Twippit
Grand Templar
Location: At a table top in a remote part of WA playing a high-stakes game of strip DnD

#307 Post by Twippit »

bigro wrote:
AzeNaku wrote:
a remake of the remake even. what are they going to do after that :| remake the remade remake? Surely not....
I hope not...
Hey. Been a while. I'm on discord at Twippit#9645. See ya around sometime, maybe.

bigro
Grand Templar

#308 Post by bigro »

Twippit wrote:
bigro wrote:
AzeNaku wrote:
I hope not...
When it comes to flogging a cash cow...you never truly can be sure

Akira110
Literary Artist

#309 Post by Akira110 »

They're not going to remake Red and Blue in this generation, its more or less been confirmed that Ruby and Sapphire will be remade with the Emerald changes, "New" Pokemon(I wish they'd leave it at the 386 pokemon in Gen 3, but that's just me.) and features exclusive to the DSi and 3DS.
Been around this forum for over 8 years now. Everyone I've known has left, now it's my time to do the same.

KhaosChivas
Traveler

#310 Post by KhaosChivas »

Went to a themed party, was dress up with something that started with an "S". I went as...can you guess?

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#311 Post by Sage Asuka »

I've made the wonderful discovery that I can use my white game to engage with trading online.
You have no idea how enlightened I am by this. I'm one of those gamers who 'treasure hunts', hoards all the items and doesn't consider the game complete unless every chest is emptied. So the fact that I had no one to trade pokemon with to 'catch them all' was always a bit of a disappointment to me. But then I found out I don't need a friend in person to trade anymore.

Only catch is that I've had to have seen the pokemon before or hope that the person I have in a one-on-one session offers a pokemon I don't have. Makes legendary hunting very difficult :T also I have a severe lack of oddish in my dex. No one wants to offer up oddish. Go figure.

Needless to say if anyone wouldn't mind bouncing pokemon back and forth in a trade (legendaries would be returned. I can hunt in the gts for them later once they're dex'd) that would be very welcome.

Sadly the only partner I found so far is...kinda derpy. I have two darkrai, one legit from the b/w event and one obviously hacked from an odd trade (said I wanted a darkrai, ended up with a level 100 shiny found in 'Johto' go figure). I let him borrow my hacked Darkrai as a thanks for letting me dex Latias and Heatran. I think the guy thought it was legit since he begged to use it to complete the tree in white 2, then kept delaying giving it back because he 'still needed it'. Then commented on starting his game over because he was bored. My friend had to pester him in order to get him to trade it back. I later found out he taught it a ton of moves without my permission. :T also he killed Cresselia and was too lazy to find the lake guardians so getting legendaries dex'd with him is...frustrating.

I am intent on catching them all 8<
Image Image Image Image

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#312 Post by SirSlaughter »

Sage Asuka wrote:I've made the wonderful discovery that I can use my white game to engage with trading online.
You have no idea how enlightened I am by this. I'm one of those gamers who 'treasure hunts', hoards all the items and doesn't consider the game complete unless every chest is emptied. So the fact that I had no one to trade pokemon with to 'catch them all' was always a bit of a disappointment to me. But then I found out I don't need a friend in person to trade anymore.

Only catch is that I've had to have seen the pokemon before or hope that the person I have in a one-on-one session offers a pokemon I don't have. Makes legendary hunting very difficult :T also I have a severe lack of oddish in my dex. No one wants to offer up oddish. Go figure.

Needless to say if anyone wouldn't mind bouncing pokemon back and forth in a trade (legendaries would be returned. I can hunt in the gts for them later once they're dex'd) that would be very welcome.

Sadly the only partner I found so far is...kinda derpy. I have two darkrai, one legit from the b/w event and one obviously hacked from an odd trade (said I wanted a darkrai, ended up with a level 100 shiny found in 'Johto' go figure). I let him borrow my hacked Darkrai as a thanks for letting me dex Latias and Heatran. I think the guy thought it was legit since he begged to use it to complete the tree in white 2, then kept delaying giving it back because he 'still needed it'. Then commented on starting his game over because he was bored. My friend had to pester him in order to get him to trade it back. I later found out he taught it a ton of moves without my permission. :T also he killed Cresselia and was too lazy to find the lake guardians so getting legendaries dex'd with him is...frustrating.

I am intent on catching them all 8<
I have an idea, DON'T trade with him again.

When a deal or trade gets odd or drawn out like that, never do business with the person again. Lest you regret the next trade. I had that issue with a guitar cable or mine. Let a guy borrow it because I had spares, 3 months goes by...took him that long of pestering to get it back. Never dealt with him again for anything. And you didn't know you could trade online? Soulsilver had that option. I was looking for certain items, took forever to get a stone but it was more of a pre-arranged lobby where people would leave their pokemon and wait for a trade to happen. So there wasn't really any "interaction" between players too much.

Still good though, kept incidences like "that" from happening. Although I haven't touched my Pokemon games in forever. Never "truly" beat soulsilver yet. Elite 4 kicking my butt a teeny bit too hard. I didn't grind out some levels like I usually would. Welp, time to train! Zangoose and Gallade are gonna murder the enemy after I'm done training them.

Sage Asuka
Teacup Kitsune

#313 Post by Sage Asuka »

Sadly I'll probably end up trading with him again. I'm the only one with pokemon white that he knows so he occasionally pesters me to hold pokemon for him or breed him ralts or something. That I don't really mind since it's one sided and there's really no 'loss' on my end. I breed these things up anyways for trading online.

And yeah, I honestly had no idea. The last pokemon game I owned was Sapphire so I wasn't aware they added a feature that let you literally trade with anyone in the world. It's amazing though and I'm so glad for it.

Speaking of Soul Silver...if you manage to get any pokemon that aren't in white (or legendaries) would you be willing to let me dex and return them? I really am keen on catching them all.
Image Image Image Image

BlackstripeTiger
Apprentice

#314 Post by BlackstripeTiger »

Its official, generation 6 is coming
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryF ... r_embedded

I probably wont play this as it requires a 3ds
but if i do: GO FENNEKIN!

DeviantArt

Mew? "Little One"? Who's that? Flora, comic 543

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#315 Post by judah4 »

Looking forward to getting this one :grin: I usually go with the fire starter with exception to gen 3, 5, and sometimes gen 2(who can say no to chikorita?). Firefox, go! :P