For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

FurryForlife
Hugger Extraordinaire
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Pokemon! :D

#271 Post by FurryForlife »

GumbyDarnit wrote:
FurryForlife wrote: What I really need is a good electric type Pokemon, anyone got a suggestion (From Ruby)? I say such because everytime I'm in the battletower (level 100) and someone plays something like a Kingdra I am basically dead for it...
Well, since you're playin "in game", like I said before, it wont matter too much who you choose, as long as there's a good MoveSet, and they're level 100 as well.
As far as in game goes, it narrows itself down to level and moves. As long as you use type advantages youll tear through.
A Good old Raichu or Electrode would do wonders in the battle tower, as their above average speed stat will make them amazing sweepers.
If you wanted, you could even EV train them in speed and SpAtk, just to give yourself more of an edge, but again ingame is not needed.
*shudders* just had a majorly obsessive poke flashback
I thought I said from Ruby... >,>
Story: To be Inspired.
My Sofurry account (I believe unless you log in, or change it, the site is in SFW mode)

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#272 Post by Ironworks »

FurryForlife wrote:
GumbyDarnit wrote:Blah blah pokerant
I believe both Electrode And Pikachu are obtainable in ruby.
And EV's did exist as well, as far back as the first games.

Ranalf
Templar Inner Circle

#273 Post by Ranalf »

GumbyDarnit wrote:
FurryForlife wrote:
GumbyDarnit wrote:Blah blah pokerant
I believe both Electrode And Pikachu are obtainable in ruby.
And EV's did exist as well, as far back as the first games.
Oh god! I might just get that game JUST to get Pikachu.

That's one of the best pokemon ever(Pikachu)...Sadly, I just don't think pokemon is much good anymore, they're milking it now, just like Sega is with Sonic The Hedgehog; They're just prolonging the inevitable.
Delicious.
Cool story.

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#274 Post by Ironworks »

I believe Pikachu has been obtainable on every game thus far, though correct me if I'm wrong.
Pikachu is (obviously) the most popular/well known poke of all time, and I'm pretty sure they've made it possible to get him any game, though he tends to be somewhat rare.

Basitin_Boy
New Citizen

#275 Post by Basitin_Boy »

Pokemon is still one of those games i cannot and willnot quit. I probably take it to a nerdier level with competitive battling through shoddy battle. (eeveelutionuser on smogon if anyone cares)

Pika is in all the games so far.

djb0809
New Citizen

#276 Post by djb0809 »

I've heard that pikuchu will not be available until the very very end of Pokemon Black and White. The developers said they wanted the games to be a "fresh" and "new" experience.

P.S. Game Freak spent a year and a half just on the characters and story alone.
Check out the 2010 Coctawhatchee Stylemarcher Show Euphoria
When it zooms in i'm on the left.

Add me on PS3 -> djb0809

Ironworks
Templar Inner Circle

#277 Post by Ironworks »

djb0809 wrote:I've heard that pikuchu will not be available until the very very end of Pokemon Black and White. The developers said they wanted the games to be a "fresh" and "new" experience.
That's great if they wanna bring in a new audience, but they're going to lose a good amount of the gamers who started from the beginning if they go that route.
djb0809 wrote:P.S. Game Freak spent a year and a half just on the characters and story alone.
Wish they spent longer on most of these pokes lol

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#278 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

ehh tbh i'm getting really bored of the forcing it along. i couldn't even be bothered finishing pearl (when you have to win the contest to get the leader i could NOT GET MY POKEMON TO BE FASHIONABLE)

thank god for heart gold, which is still slightly interesting.
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

djb0809
New Citizen

#279 Post by djb0809 »

unsteddyPhoenix wrote:I could NOT GET MY POKEMON TO BE FASHIONABLE
Why can't they just go back to the simple contests of R/S/E? They are trying to hard to make fun thus making it worse. I mean pokemon musicals now for B/W. Seriously! The original contests were fun and the pokeblock system was near perfect.
Check out the 2010 Coctawhatchee Stylemarcher Show Euphoria
When it zooms in i'm on the left.

Add me on PS3 -> djb0809

unsteddyPhoenix
Grand Templar

#280 Post by unsteddyPhoenix »

djb0809 wrote:
unsteddyPhoenix wrote:I could NOT GET MY POKEMON TO BE FASHIONABLE
Why can't they just go back to the simple contests of R/S/E? They are trying to hard to make fun thus making it worse. I mean pokemon musicals now for B/W. Seriously! The original contests were fun and the pokeblock system was near perfect.
right? i actually wanted the ribbons there....now wtf do we have, dancing? dressing up pokemon? cmon....i understand trying to appeal to a female audience but no girl is gonna start playing pokemon to dress them up!
Tom wrote:The entire Basitin race is actually just a group of extremist LARPers.
ImageImage

dogsbane
Citizen

#281 Post by dogsbane »

I have soulsilver platinum ruby and firered and I haven't beaten a single one 'cause I get to the elite 4 and I have to grind for levels I just find the xp grinding really boring anyone else agree?

Talaisan
Templar Inner Circle

#282 Post by Talaisan »

Threadomancy powers, activate!

Since giving up M:tG, P:TCG has been my card game fix of choice, with a small but slowly expanding cache of toys to play with. I'm not tempted to try and go competitive like I was starting to with magic.

Also just dug out one of the two copies of Yellow we've got and started playing. No cheating for me, though that means I'm not going to be able to get all 151 by a long shot.

When my DS comes back from being borrowed I'll probably pull Pearl back out, or perhaps pick up a copy of HG or FR.
Marian's Tale 1-4 and 5-? - Rated R. Sex, kink, spies, nobility, scandal, plots, ploys, and one poor, confused college girl stuck in the middle.
My FurAffinity : Stories and fantasy garb.

BlackstripeTiger
Apprentice

#283 Post by BlackstripeTiger »

dogsbane wrote:I haven't beaten a single one 'cause I get to the elite 4 and I have to grind for levels I just find the xp grinding really boring anyone else agree?
For me it starts to get boring after the credits. Most of my games are just gathering up dust now. After this, leveling is boring and its basicly just back to the old GTCTA slogan. Good, we have online features, but that doesnt add much.

For those who are into the RPG part of pokemon (training to raise certain stats), I can give you the pokemon virus [permanent double EV gain (for EV check serebii, bulbapedia, etc.)]. Game: Black; FriendCode: 0303 8989 0242; Trainer: James. Pokemon i could use: Thunderus, Zekrom, Braviary or its first form, Solosis or evolutions, Smeargle w/ Fusion Bolt. You can choose for me to send an infected one or infect one of yours and send it back. This means you have to name the pokemon to be involved (wanted and sending pokemon, if no wanted, a random one will be send)

DeviantArt

Mew? "Little One"? Who's that? Flora, comic 543

dmr
Traveler

#284 Post by dmr »

the last pokemon who i played was mistery dungeon explorers of the sky and all the pokemons for ds gba n64 gc gbc wii the only one who i not played was pokemon rumble for 3ds ;_; i dont have one
oh happy days you wil come back some day i be waiting you here with hate and one shotgun to put you in a deep sleep, please come back and make me happy once more.
http://img55.pixiv.net/img/darkramon/22947147.png

JediGuy
Zombicidal Maniac

Re: Pokemon Thread

#285 Post by JediGuy »

So, yeah. Hey guys?

Revivin' this thread on account of...y'know, the first Poke'mon game that's actually a direct sequel than a remake.

Poke'mon White and Black 2
Magic is merely science that we have yet to understand.