What Are You Currently Playing?

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Re: What Are You Currently Playing?

#3046 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:42 pm
Envy661 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:40 pm https://youtu.be/SObJQSTUs64?t=12m37s
^
Shadow of War.

I've been playing Witcher III, where I don't have to worry about content being locked off so the publisher can nickel and dime me.
So other than the loot boxes, which can be bought with in game currency not just real money, in a single player game I might add, the game looks damn good. Shame about the greed, but a lot of companies think short term instead of long term (hence EA making the damn fool decision to shut down Visceral Games). I for one plan on getting Shadow of War as soon as possible after I get a PS4 finally. Hell, might even buy Shadow of Mordor again on the same system even though I already have it on 360, because if Angry Joe's experience is anything to go by, there's a chance to encounter old enemies in the new game. Either way, the game overall looks like a massive improvement over the already good SoM, and I'm excited to get my hands on it.

...Also, just gotta say this Envy, that comment of yours is a bit misleading. Nothing in SoW is locked off. Anything in the loot boxes can be found through gameplay and they can be bought with in game currency, not just real money. I understand hating the concept of loot boxes in general, I do too, but be accurate and honest in your criticisms please.
Wait for the grind to hit.

A lot of companies incentivize loot boxes by, at a certain point in the game, usually after the player becomes comfortable enough with how it operates, artificially heightening the grind to absurd levels. This can be demonstrated in a more clear sense by the drop rate for rares and legendaries in Overwatch, coupled with how long it takes to level AFTER level 10 vs before. Or, more blatantly in a game without Loot Boxes to push their microtransaction currency instead, GTA Online with their bonus content pricing.

The argument will always be "Oh, it's available in the game and you don't have to buy them, so why does it matter?" or "Oh, they're just cosmetics". Tbh, both of these are dumb, as it gives companies like WB and EA a mile as we grow accustomed to it. Look at the reactions to Dead Space 3 vs what is going on in the industry now. It's because we let companies get away with it by buying their [censored] time and again.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3047 Post by Insomniac »

I'm just running on the assumption that if I play Shadow of War the way I played Shadow of Mordor (that being, the only right way to play an RPG, that being DO EVERYTHING at least once before the endgame) the grind won't be quite as rough on me towards the end.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Jonesy
Templar Master

#3048 Post by Jonesy »

Finally got around to installing Mass Effect: Andromeda, and so far I'm having a pretty good time with it. I've always had annoyances with the series, but it's holding up better than I expected. Pretty solid gameplay from what I've seen (the driving in particular being a huge improvement since ME1), despite repetitive minor quests and the infuriating Sudoku puzzles. The plot and characters have their ups and downs, but I'm really invested in getting to know my squadmates (particularly Vetra) and earning the trust of the angarans.

The news about the lack of post-release DLC is a shame, though. I hope the novels are good, because it's sad to see a studio as great as Bioware reduced to relying on tie-in materials to continue the stories they started.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3049 Post by Envy661 »

I need to get back around to playing Andromeda. It's a great game, all things considered.

Been playing Dragonball Xenoverse 2 lately. Kind of got bored of everything else atm. Xenoverse isn't a good game, but it's definitely a time waster.

Played and beat Resident Evil VII recently. I can't recommend the game enough.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3050 Post by Schrodinger »

So I got Mass Effect: Andromeda Digital Deluxe for $13. Yeah, I can see why this went down in flames.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

lakiking

#3051 Post by lakiking »

World of tanks
Pc
Mmo

Dem ammoracks!!!!!!

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3052 Post by Envy661 »

Schrodinger wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:38 am So I got Mass Effect: Andromeda Digital Deluxe for $13. Yeah, I can see why this went down in flames.
I personally enjoyed the story, and overall the gameplay and multiplayer are improved overall from ME3.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3053 Post by Schrodinger »

Envy661 wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:38 pm
Schrodinger wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:38 am So I got Mass Effect: Andromeda Digital Deluxe for $13. Yeah, I can see why this went down in flames.
I personally enjoyed the story, and overall the gameplay and multiplayer are improved overall from ME3.
Mind you, I never played the day one version. But the changes since were not comprehensive and I keep catching little things that take me right out of the experience. Can't imagine how I would feel had I played this day one.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3054 Post by Insomniac »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:13 am
Mind you, I never played the day one version. But the changes since were not comprehensive and I keep catching little things that take me right out of the experience. Can't imagine how I would feel had I played this day one.
Does that one character still say her face is tired? ...Seriously how does stuff like THAT get through whatever passes for quality control in the industry.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#3055 Post by Schrodinger »

Insomniac wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:56 am
Does that one character still say her face is tired? ...Seriously how does stuff like THAT get through whatever passes for quality control in the industry.
YES! There's now an animation of her rubbing her brow but the line is still there, still the dumbest bit of dialog I've ever heard.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3056 Post by Envy661 »

Schrodinger wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:34 pm
YES! There's now an animation of her rubbing her brow but the line is still there, still the dumbest bit of dialog I've ever heard.
To be fair, Director Addison is just a [censored] character overall. One of the least redeemable in the game. Other characters make up for her... well... [censored].
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Jonesy
Templar Master

#3057 Post by Jonesy »

I was a bit worried when I read an in-game document mentioning an 'EMP pulse'. In other words, an electromagnetic pulse pulse. Luckily the writing hasn't seemed too bad since then.

Although hearing half the angarans talk with Australian accents is very jarring. "Bloody ripper, Ryder! You're a true-blue mate to our lot! We'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for ya!"
That was another headscratcher. If they just apologized by saying that they're tired and stressed, that'd make perfect sense. The Nexus is in a pretty poor state of affairs, after all. But the whole face part makes no sense. I'm guessing the writer was trying to be humorous by making her talk colloquially or something, but this is a case where a straightforward approach would have been preferable.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3058 Post by Envy661 »

Jonesy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:57 am
I was a bit worried when I read an in-game document mentioning an 'EMP pulse'. In other words, an electromagnetic pulse pulse. Luckily the writing hasn't seemed too bad since then.

Although hearing half the angarans talk with Australian accents is very jarring. "Bloody ripper, Ryder! You're a true-blue mate to our lot! We'll throw another shrimp on the barbie for ya!"

Yeah, I really need to get back to playing it. Was near the end of the story, but then Multiplayer consumed me for a little bit.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#3059 Post by Insomniac »

Have any of y'all tried out the campaign in Battlefront 2 yet? Guy I follow on YouTube has a video up of the first couple missions. Looks pretty good. Always interesting to see a story from the other side.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever

#3060 Post by Envy661 »

Insomniac wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:16 am Have any of y'all tried out the campaign in Battlefront 2 yet? Guy I follow on YouTube has a video up of the first couple missions. Looks pretty good. Always interesting to see a story from the other side.
It takes 40 hours of play time to unlock a hero in Battlefront II Multiplayer

Story might be good, but I'd honestly save your money till it becomes $5 or free on Origin like Battlefront 1 was. Multiplayer isn't gonna provide any sensible experience unless you like being angry all the time.

EDIT: Here's another one about what's going on ATM with Battlefront II:

Microtransactions are up to 6x more expensive than in review copies of the game
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq