50%
No
13%

Total votes: 16

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#16 Post by Kinuki »

This game is ridiculously hard sometimes. There's a mission where you have to protect a building for several minutes with constant waves of multiple tanks coming from both ends. I almost threw my controller into the TV. It got me more explosively angry than my several hours of attempting to beat Mile High Club from COD4 on Veteran.
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

Neybulot
New Citizen

#17 Post by Neybulot »

Sefris wrote:OH YES THEY DID! They released a full version of the ad's song.
http://www.pandemicstudios.com/mercenar ... nloads.php

They used to have the .MP3 directly on their site, now you've gotta get it from the iTunes Store for $1.

I'm guessing they figured enough people were downloading it...They can make a quick buck of it. (Stupid EA.)
Suck on that, Cable!
ImageImage

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

Re:

#18 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

Kinuki wrote:This game is ridiculously hard sometimes. There's a mission where you have to protect a building for several minutes with constant waves of multiple tanks coming from both ends. I almost threw my controller into the TV. It got me more explosively angry than my several hours of attempting to beat Mile High Club from COD4 on Veteran.
Oooooh, I know that feeling. One of the games that pisses me off extremely. And as for control smashing, I'm even worse than most people about controllers. I don't throw them across the room, I spike them.

Oh, and Kinuki, we should play Co Op sometime =D
Damn MSN virus, making me unable to have talks like this there...
Heck, now I've simplified it all. Here's my deviant art, you can find all my writings here ^^
http://keldoth.deviantart.com/

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

Re: World in Flames (Mercenaries 2)

#19 Post by Kinuki »

Well, finally got to pay co-op, and lemme say that it definitely salvages the game from mediocre and makes it good. We had way too much fun being stupid, evil prats. A word of warning though: apparently, it seems as though faction mood and destruction caused do carry over, in addition to whatever cash you gain/lose. That really makes me sad, because my friend and I went nuts razing a city to get the airstrike achievement, with him as host, under the belief it wouldn't affect my game. So, now the city's mostly gone, as well as both oil rigs (which makes no sense, because I'd already destroyed that rig for a story mission he hadn't done yet), and I have to hope it won't screw up the campaign, I guess. Bah.

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#20 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

If you turn the game on and off, any and all destruction disappears, so don't worry about it.
Heck, now I've simplified it all. Here's my deviant art, you can find all my writings here ^^

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#21 Post by Kinuki »

I have. That was last night. It's still there this afternon. All those tall buildings in Maracaibo? Still gone. :(

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#22 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

Huh, never happened to me, how very odd.

Well, I'm sure it won't be a big problem, just keep playing.

Who are you playing as, out of curiosity?

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#23 Post by Kinuki »

Chris Jacobs. I liked him in the first game, where he came across as a confident, but intelligent, merc, so I picked him for this one too. Then, after playing for a while, I realized that they just made him a stereotypical, cigar-chomping, muscle-bound black action hero. It really sucks. And don't get me started about the Swedish guy's awful, awful accent.

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#24 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

The accent may be awful, but he's so ridiculously cool |D

Viking biker!

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#25 Post by Nuff »

My advice to you Sefris is to save your cash for Mirrors Edge and Left4Dead. Merc 2 isn't a particulary good game, it's ok, but it feels like playing a PS2 game on a next gen console rather than a next gen game. It's fun in small bouts but ultimatley quite hollow. Also, defo avoid the PC version which isn't that well ported

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#26 Post by Kinuki »

Nuff wrote:My advice to you Sefris is to save your cash for Mirrors Edge and Left4Dead. Merc 2 isn't a particulary good game, it's ok, but it feels like playing a PS2 game on a next gen console rather than a next gen game. It's fun in small bouts but ultimatley quite hollow. Also, defo avoid the PC version which isn't that well ported
Couldn't agree more, which is a shame, because I loved the first one. It was fun, spontaneous, and although extremely challenging at times, it never felt like a horribly buggy, glitchy mess like this one is.

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#27 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

Gotta agree more, loved the first one so much more. Everything just felt... better. Bigger. Ect.

Great, now I'll have to find and play the first one...