Sisters of Battle
3%
Orks
10%

Total votes: 30

Keldoth Wolfram Dekel
The Keltrane

#76 Post by Keldoth Wolfram Dekel »

Alrighty. Plus I found some stuff about how to highlight BT.
Thanks people.
Heck, now I've simplified it all. Here's my deviant art, you can find all my writings here ^^
http://keldoth.deviantart.com/

Kitsune
Council Member

#77 Post by Kitsune »

Now hold!

With the new Space Marine codex coming out VERY soon you might want to rethink some if this.

In the new codex there are some rumors that, if true, will make space marines a winable army again.

For instance my dad will be making a Salamanders army because the Special Character for the Salamanders makes ALL Melta and Flamer weapons twin-linked (HOLY [censored])

Shrike for the ravengaurd give all troops fleet of foot, and I think something else

Also the rumor is, the way you make your HQ is how you can take troops
For instance, if yo ugave your Commander a jet pack, you could take assault marines as a troop choice, same goes for bikes.

I can't remember the other rules but Space Marines will soon be an army that will actually beable to win a lot more.

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#78 Post by Sable Dove »

I don't like that they're redoing the codex. Partly because it'll cost me money, and partly because I'm retty sure I won't be allowed to field my infiltrating, tank-hunting devastator squad with four multi-meltas. Not to mention the teleport homer and assault terminators in reserve.
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Kitsune
Council Member

#79 Post by Kitsune »

The new codex is doing a lot of good things though, you finally won't have to pay for krak and frag gernades like chaos. Also you get your plastic drop pods (no longer have to be 200 bucks from forgeworld) a new land raider, can take melta's and stuff for FREE!!!! in a squad of 10 if I recall.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#80 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Kitsune wrote:In the new codex there are some rumors that, if true, will make space marines a winable army again.
And they aren't right now? Right now they're among, if not the, best army available for those attempting to power-game in 40K. All the new 40K 'dex will let them do is be like 3rd Ed. Chaos but with less cost for their benefits.
Also the rumor is, the way you make your HQ is how you can take troops
For instance, if you gave your Commander a jet pack, you could take assault marines as a troop choice, same goes for bikes.
From what I hear, it's instead going to be for all armies 40K Special Characters. Which is something I'm upset about, as if I want to have a second Melta Gun in my Tactical Squads I don't want to have to buy Mr. McAngry with his Lightning Claw and Combi-Flamer for 180pts first.
I can't remember the other rules but Space Marines will soon be an army that will actually beable to win a lot more.
Rumors are Scouts are actually scouts again [Still S & T4. but WS and BS3 due to their lack of combat experience], there IS a transport landspeeder model in production [Likely to be a 5 carry capacity transport for scouts], Tech Priest HQ character, Siege Dread [AV13 front and side, which made me laugh when I remembered the loss of Mutated Hull for Chaos], etc.

Oh, and I also don't like that everything's going to be forced into Combat Squads. "The Crimson Fists took heavy casualties and are even now just recovering, but Emperor help you if you don't have enough to make a factor-of-five Squad. Better sit this out, and leave your combined three centuries of combat experience off to the side while we do this." Doesn't help that they're encouraging other armies to be in a similar pattern.

I myself am just waiting for IG to lose Doctrines and the rabble Conscripts be forced into set sized parts.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

Kitsune
Council Member

#81 Post by Kitsune »

Space Marines have been a very easy army for me to beat with my nids hehe. My Hive Tyrant is one VERY lucky Tyrant. Last game he got fired at by a squad of nothing but meltas and lascannons..not a single wound. That made my day.

Then again I run mostly genestealers ever since 5th ed came out. I'm sorry but with scuttlers, which lets them act liek scouts. Starting out 6inchs ahead then get their movment, then their fleet, thats 18 inch movment max in teh first toon. If I run gaunts it's usually hormagaunts hehe. 12 movment +12 charge...is amazing =)

Plus in Apoc games I can use my nids and Khorne army together...muahahhaha CC death =D

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#82 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

'Nids work best with Orks, as you can just have three 'Looted' Carnifex's pop out of a Super-Heavy and charge. Very fun (And funny).

Marines, 'Nid Zilla armies, and at least in 4th Ed. Eldar Flying Circus' were among the most efficient Tournament armies available for 40K. With 5th Edition, the former two still mostly are.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Kitsune
Council Member

#83 Post by Kitsune »

I'm planning on making my army pretty much nid zilla. Mainly planning using the following
HQ: Flyrant, Deathspitter Warriors
Elite: Lictor and 2 carnifexs or 3 carnifexs
Troops: Around 4-5 genestealers and 1 squad of gaunts
Fast: Wings warriors(maybe) and some ravaners
Heavy: 3 carnifexs (maybe 2 carnifexs and 3 Zanthropes)

Either way should work pretty well.

Scorpio803
Templar

#84 Post by Scorpio803 »

a while ago i used to play space marines but i stopped playing if i had wanted to start again i would either choose eldar Tau or necrons.

Kitsune
Council Member

#85 Post by Kitsune »

Eldar are overpowered as hell -.-

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#86 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Kitsune wrote:Eldar are overpowered as hell -.-
Not as much in 5th due to the Vehicle Changes.

Though now Venerables Dreadnoughts are nigh-indestructible with only 1-in-9 Pen's destroying them, and nearly half all glancing hits doing nothing.

Kitsune
Council Member

#87 Post by Kitsune »

Eh, I still love my carnifexs =) I can't wait till a new Tyranids codex comes out, we need one for 5th ed. We actually have some useless upgrades.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#88 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Kitsune wrote:Eh, I still love my carnifexs =) I can't wait till a new Tyranids codex comes out, we need one for 5th ed. We actually have some useless upgrades.
Bah, 'Nids still have it good. They can customize their army still, for one, without needing to take a special character.

Kitsune
Council Member

#89 Post by Kitsune »

We still have stuff for "out numbering" purposes. We need a new codex, we're still in 4th edition, and unluck Dark Eldar...Games workshop loves us =))

Lol special chacters, we have none, we don't need them :D

dante715
New Citizen

#90 Post by dante715 »

Kitsune wrote:Eh, I still love my carnifexs =) I can't wait till a new Tyranids codex comes out, we need one for 5th ed. We actually have some useless upgrades.
no we don't

Necrons do, since they revisted their fluff form "evil robot zombies that cuased everything" to "Crazy robot zombies"

plua new units