3%
Orks
10%

Total votes: 30

Kitsune
Council Member

Warhammer 40k

#1 Post by Kitsune »

I was woundering if anyone else plays. If so, what army or armies do you play? Best moments in a match? Worst moments?
I have a Tyranid army and a Chaos army. I have to admit the Chaos army is more enjoyable to play. Even though i'm completely torn if I should base my marines on Khorne or Tzeentch >_< I know CMS can have both Tzeentch or Khorne units in the same army now...but i'm one of those people I completely loved the last codex CMS had...I can't bring myself to have Khorne and Tzeentch in the same army xD.

From that...what is your most favorite army to play against...whats your least favorite to play against?

Optix
Grand Templar

#2 Post by Optix »

I play Chaos Space Marines. Generally an entirely Khorne army.
Blood for the Blood God!

Fave army to play against - probably Orks (you never know what type of army you'll face

Least fave to play against - Imperial Guard, specifically Cadians (all Guard army are basically the same)

((These will be at the bottom of my post until they fully mature, then they'll be removed ImageImage))
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Mirku
Master

#3 Post by Mirku »

I have like 5, but I chose Daemons since they ma fav :p

I like to play against necrons, cause you can pwn the same model several times :p

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#4 Post by Sable Dove »

Space Marines, Chaos Space Marines and Tau. However, I haven't got the most recent CSM codex.

Best moment ever: dropping a shell from my defiler on a squad of plague marines. Toughness 5? Don't make me laugh! I practically annihilated an entire squad in one shot.

My marine army is more of a concept army, though, as it is made up primarily of scouts (converted from Cadian shock troops, because actual scouts are way too expensive), including my sniper deathsquad (10 sniper rifles, anyone? and the ability to call down a squad of assault terminators?).
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#5 Post by Nuff »

I've Space Marines and Ork Speed Freakz. I normally play the Speed Freakz over my space marines coz they suit my "CHAAAAAARGE!" mentality much better.

On the down side I tend to get owned by shooty armies who just blow up all my trukks. Though they do tend to concentrate on my battle wagon and warbikes more which imo is just silly.

Best moment? Pretty much wiping out the front line of a space marine army in turn 2 inculding getting my warboss to rip the space marine captains head off. Speed freakz hit hard and fast baby. THe rest where moped up when my unit of 20 scar boyz turned up from the battle wagon.

Other great moments include killing a unit of 8 string terminators with the assult charge of a warbike charge...never seen a guy roll so many ones in my life lol

Kitsune
Council Member

#6 Post by Kitsune »

I realized I forgot to say my best moment: I was playing my Tyranid army, two squads of genestealers...and soooo many sixs :D Took out the guys terminators and captian in the same turn. Was a very glorious moment.

Worst time...when I was playing against my dad...he took out synapse on turn 2 >_< I basically fell apart right there.

They took a lot out in the new CSM codex. Lost demonic gifts and a lot of the armor upgrades. But we get Krak and Fraq gernades for free on our marines. My pet peeve that you can have Noise marines with khorne, thousand sons with plauge marines and so forth. I got really used to the last codex sooo...I wasn't to thrilled that you can have marines of the gods that hate eachother in the same army.

I've finally decided I may make my CSM Khorne....orginally my marines were Slaanesh hehe. But after how long i've been looking at the codex I'm liking Khorne and Tzeentch more and more. But I want my marines to have a concept which is why I refuse to put Tzeentch and Khorne together (Would be so much easier if I just did that lol)

Any ideas on which would be better. I've been tempted to go Nurgal at times too xD

Chaos daemons made me drool when I first saw them. Unfortantly I can't get any right now since I want to build up my CSM a bit. I agree with the Necron comment too. Being able to kill the same model is fun.

Kill that whole squad of plague marines is just awesome. Talk about bad luck...not even getting FnP rolls lol.

I can see why that is a lot of fun. I have the old Ork codex (I have a lot of the codex's hehe) They seemed pretty cool but just not the army for me. Sucks for the guy that rolled so many ones hehe.

I've never played against Imperiald Gaud...I play against SM a lot...doesn't get boring destroying followers of the false emperor =)

Nuff
The One With the Ears

#7 Post by Nuff »

IG are just gay, they sit back and shoot the crap out of you. If you break their lines then theyt are pretty much boned though. Either that or out gun them. Lots of big Shoota's worries IG players. 3 shots each, 3 to every unit, and one on both trukks, twin linked ones on the war bikes and 5 on me battle wagon... even with crap ork shooting you can be pretty sure you've killed 3 good size units when that lot fires.

Kitsune
Council Member

#8 Post by Kitsune »

Wow that is pretty sad lol.

Optix
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Optix »

woops.

umm best moment... My Khorne Lord ripping through a unit of 5 assault terminators in one combat phase. (My lord has A LOT of attacks, 7 I think)

worst moment... my Bloodthirster getting killed on the same turn it got summoned by some lowly IG Conscripts. I cried at that. But I got my revenge, I sicked 2 squads of Bloodletters on them. TOTAL OVERKILL.

((These will be at the bottom of my post until they fully mature, then they'll be removed ImageImage))
Enjoying plotting my revenge against those who are evil and most deserve to feel my wrath.

Kitsune
Council Member

#10 Post by Kitsune »

I love how the Khorne daemon weapon for the Lord is 2D6 roll attacks =) Mark of Khorne giving you 4..just amazing. Slaanesh one is pretty nice too...instant kill....not the best thing to use against nids though lol.

I'm getting more and more interested in Khorne hehe..

Optix
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Optix »

yeah. Blood Glaive, right?

I got the new codex and old and in the old codex my Lord had the BLood Glaive, Juggernaut, Mark of Khorne, Daemonic Mutation, Daemonic Strength, Spiky Bits and a few other bits and pieces.

Kitsune
Council Member

#12 Post by Kitsune »

It's the Bloodfeeder. I'm anoyed that they got rid of our daemonic gifts. Our HQ doesn't have much upgrades anymore. Give the Lord term armor with MoK with daemon weapon. 4 attacks+2D6...talk about fun.

Nurgal seems like it would be fun, but Khorne also seems fun...tough choices. I used to be against Khorne because of some of the rules berzerkers had. But ever since they got rid of the whole..if you have enemies behind you, you have to go back and kill them, attack your own guys if you roll a certian number...they seem appealing now to me lol.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#13 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Nurgle Kitsune, Nurgle.

Anyways, I play Chaos, Orks (Speed Kult) and Marines. Likely going to drop 40K for the next edition, and stick with the books.

For fantasy, I have Orcs and Clan Eshin. LoTR, Mordor Orcs.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

Kitsune
Council Member

#14 Post by Kitsune »

Nurgal does sound fun but...Khorne is also sounding fun...could anyone give me some advice for which one would be probably the most enjoyabled...I could go shooty or CC.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

Kitsune wrote:Nurgal does sound fun but...Khorne is also sounding fun...could anyone give me some advice for which one would be probably the most enjoyabled...I could go shooty or CC.
Nurgle is the most likely to win. T4(5) a model, Feel no Pain, etc. No need to take Daemons, just stick with Rhino walls along with a pair of Daemon Princes, some anti-armour tanks, perhaps a few Marked Oblits, and that'll allow you to win most games.
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.