Halo 3

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

çrepgrigo
Traveler

Halo 3

#1 Post by çrepgrigo »

i have heard rumors of halo 3 floating around, does anybody have any information on this?

Barth
Apprentice
Fav. Twokinds Character: Dio

#2 Post by Barth »

Oblivion
Traveler

#3 Post by Oblivion »

oohh oohh me. i watched E306 on g4tv. and it showed a video with cortana saying i am you i am what makes you and the screen was going all weird and crap. and there was this thing that looked like a hurricane creator or at least the new "halo" thing witch they are trying to destroy. i guess it is so powerfull that even when it is not going to do whatever it is supposed to do it creates extremely strong turbulances. oh wait never mind the link probably shows that trailer but i am too lazy too watch. they better not bs me with a crappy halo 3 like with halo 2. i can never forgive you microsoft first i spend $50 and like $250 on a x box. halo 2 and fable where the only reason i got it and now what do you see what you made me do.

catldr24
Only a LITTLE Sadistic

#4 Post by catldr24 »

PLEASE type so we can actually UNDERSTAND you. PLEASE?

Red62
New Citizen

#5 Post by Red62 »

Halo 2 was short, i din't like that. Original game pwns all other games of that generation though. Halo 3 is suposed to be the same length as the second one
If there's no whining about other people, or putting people on the spot if they don't want to, then I won't complain. If you do, BACKOFF!

Strider
Citizen

#6 Post by Strider »

ewww halo the biggest rip off ever, play real games-which mainly invole rpgs... not little fps.... sept maybe goldeneye :D now that games a classic infact I think I might play it right now lol
EDIT:
perfect example of a genius
I mostly play RPGs and often return to the SNES and NES to play games like Dragon Warrior 1-4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and Earthbound.
no other then snowy... or white :S

BoredPeanut

#7 Post by BoredPeanut »

The Watcher wrote:ewww halo the biggest rip off ever, play real games-which mainly invole rpgs... not little fps.... sept maybe goldeneye :D now that games a classic infact I think I might play it right now lol
EDIT:
perfect example of a genius
I mostly play RPGs and often return to the SNES and NES to play games like Dragon Warrior 1-4, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 6, Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and Earthbound.
no other then snowy... or white :S
As much as I hate Halo, I don't think you can call any FPS a rip off, since there's not a whole lot to add to the mixture, you shoot crap.

And Dragon Warrior is my favorite RPG ;P, Chrono Trigger/Final Fantasy 6 ect are all awesome, but how could you leave out Final Fantasy IV? T_T

Seph
Traveler

#8 Post by Seph »

Okay... first off... I'd like to say, as someone who -likes- FPS games... that I think blatantly attacking them solely because you like a different genre... is pretty scragging weak. Personally... I think most RPG's today are getting stale. In fact... this feeling rings true for most genres. I think the gaming industry as a whole is suffering a bit of a writer's block... and pointing your finger at Halo and FPS's isn't going to make that go away.

As for Hating Halo... well... you pretty much would have to hate -every- other FPS title made... since it doesn't do anything much better than them, save maybe for the story. Yeah. It -does- have a story... if you paid attention at all to it. As for Goldeneye... yeah... that game is really fun, too.

Halo 2: My opinion... was alright. I liked the campaign where many did not. I liked getting to see the internal affairs of the enemy for a change. I liked the politics. I liked the backstabbing. I didn't like being confused by jumping around randomly from one side of the battle to the other. I also didn't like that as the Covenant... I didn't get to attack even ONE human. It was too short... but it was fun while I played it. Multiplayer... just can't be beat. The weapons work wonderfully ((if you can work around the Bullet Lag)) and the ability to make custom games with your own rules really made it all the greater.

Halo 3: Better hold up to my expectations... or I'm going to have to go back to drooling over Oblivion.

Studman57

#9 Post by Studman57 »

did you see Master Chiefs gun? there bringing back the assault rifle :D
If dolphins are so smart then why do they live in igloos?
-Cartman

Red62
New Citizen

#10 Post by Red62 »

i know, they're also putting new vehicles and weapons like crazy, all the beta stuff you see on the internet, most likely are going to be there: Tacticle, Mongoose, others
If there's no whining about other people, or putting people on the spot if they don't want to, then I won't complain. If you do, BACKOFF!

~AWOL~ Elendil

#11 Post by ~AWOL~ Elendil »

Seph wrote:I also didn't like that as the Covenant... I didn't get to attack even ONE human.
]

Jack Thompson would have had a Field day with Bungie if you had gotten to fight marines as the Arbiter...
I predict that Halo 3 will be the end of the world and/or Civilization

Click here

DarkWolf

#12 Post by DarkWolf »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AzS59SLjtQ

go here, and you shall understand what igotA.D.D
was saying.

Black_Elite1
Traveler

#13 Post by Black_Elite1 »

Red62 wrote:Halo 2 was short, i din't like that. Original game pwns all other games of that generation though. Halo 3 is suposed to be the same length as the second one
halo 1 was much better than halo 2

in halo 2 they took out the AR
*crys*

anyway, yah look on the bungie site, and they have a trailer

Red62
New Citizen

#14 Post by Red62 »

thinking about it, i don't think that's earth. They shouldn't be able to conquer it in the "8 hours" as they planned out hte story in the second game. The trailer most likely is on Reach. i've checked with a friend of mine: the thingy that opened up was the same thing that went off in Delta Halo when Miranda cancelled the kill-order. I also think that Gravemind is speaking through Cortana (i have reason to beleive so).

Andrew_Fireborn

#15 Post by Andrew_Fireborn »

The question is, how many answers will we really get? And even then, there's still Forerunner planned... (Last I heard, they were two different games.)

I really kinda hoped it would be a fair bit longer than Halo 2... but at the same time, Halo 2 seemed short because how the climax never really arrived. It was all build up, no real punch...