Helping a friend!

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

Helping a friend!

#1 Post by TheMouse »

I figure gaming-related stuff goes here, even if I'm not playing the games.

A friend of mine is starting a new project, and I'm helping get the word out. Basically he's trying to prove that skill and patience can trump money in one of the most fiercely competitive environments on the Web. If you like, check out proforten dot WordPress dot com.
_____
Submission is not weakness.
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Dadrobit
Grand Templar

Re: Helping a friend!

#2 Post by Dadrobit »

Sooooo, maybe you should have added a bit of extra info, and maybe/probably should have directly linked to the guy's page.

I had no idea what was going on here, and when I Bing searched "proforten", I got a Brazilian man's xvideos profile not knowing it's actually supposed to be Pro For Ten guides to Magic the Gathering...

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#3 Post by TheMouse »

Um. I kind of assumed that the written out link at the end was... pretty self explanatory?
_____
It takes a far stronger will to submit with grace and dignity than to pretend to be strong.
Unknown wrote:Live your life in such a way that the Westboro Baptist Church will picket your funeral.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#4 Post by Envy661 »

TheMouse wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:26 am Um. I kind of assumed that the written out link at the end was... pretty self explanatory?
A written out link does little more than make people not bother checking it out. It's the extra step in internet folk's lives that they just don't want to take.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

TheMouse
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by TheMouse »

Envy661 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm
TheMouse wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:26 am Um. I kind of assumed that the written out link at the end was... pretty self explanatory?
A written out link does little more than make people not bother checking it out. It's the extra step in internet folk's lives that they just don't want to take.
I've always done that with links and emails to cut down on bots and spam. But fine. Proforten.wordpress.com

Edit: dead link through the url tag, but the address is correct. What gives, tech folks?
_____

judah4
The Cookie Dragon
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#6 Post by judah4 »

TheMouse wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:28 am
Envy661 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:37 pm
I've always done that with links and emails to cut down on bots and spam. But fine. Proforten.wordpress.com

Edit: dead link through the url tag, but the address is correct. What gives, tech folks?
Bots are just something you have to deal with if your site gets any amount of traffic and indexed by google. I'm guessing he wants more traction and fans so hiding the link away is not really helping. Anyways, I am checking it out :grin: