The Last of Us... PART 2

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

midnightblink
Council Member

The Last of Us... PART 2

#1 Post by midnightblink »

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG

...it's happening

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2Wnvvj33Wo[/video]
Spoiler!
Can we just talk about how amazing the trailer alone is? First, the fact it starts and you think it's Joel playing the guitar, and then ELLIE starts singing, and the beautiful imagery of the blood tear drop, and then the guy walks in and you're like "who is this? Is he here to kill Ellie? is it a random infected?" And it's Joel! His sudden appearance has also created a bit of a theory that he is actually dead. I am also EXTREMELY curious about who the "them" of Ellie's last line is. If the "Joel is dead" theory is right, it could be the people who killed him. It could also possibly be the Fireflies. Joel could have told her some lie so that she hates the fireflies and THAT would make a great story when she finds out the truth. Or possibly, he lied about some other group killing Marlene, and she wants to avenge her, or maybe we learn more about her mother. Anyway they take this, I cannot imagine ANY WAY Naughty Dog will mess this up

Also, side note, anyone else notice that the window in the room Ellie is in is the same one from the Last of Us main menu screen? I guess you could possibly see the first game as Ellie reminiscing about how she got here
Primum Non Nocere

Hdeath1
Citizen

Re: The Last of Us... PART 2

#2 Post by Hdeath1 »

I haven't finished the first game completely so I'm probably missing something vital but.....

Pretty cool trailer. From the looks of it Joel isn't dead(could be some hallhallucination) from the way he's walking, he's still being cautious and quiet( like I said, I never finished the first game completely, got through roughly 70% so don't know what happens at the end.) Although it does stand to reason that he could be infected and somehow gains strength from it while still remaining somewhat human(like in Resident Evil Damnation[animated movie]). Would be cool to have that kind of twist though.
My DA:http://hdeath1.deviantart.com/gallery/
(please give feedback) :D
New art and char concepts coming soon...

midnightblink
Council Member

#3 Post by midnightblink »

Hdeath1 wrote:I haven't finished the first game completely so I'm probably missing something vital but.....

Pretty cool trailer. From the looks of it Joel isn't dead(could be some hallhallucination) from the way he's walking, he's still being cautious and quiet( like I said, I never finished the first game completely, got through roughly 70% so don't know what happens at the end.) Although it does stand to reason that he could be infected and somehow gains strength from it while still remaining somewhat human(like in Resident Evil Damnation[animated movie]). Would be cool to have that kind of twist though.
First, you should REALLY finish the game. The ending is amazing and you will not regret it. Also, the theory isn't that Joel is infected, that doesn't really make sense with the way they tried to make the infection more realistic (even clickers could be seen as a more dramatisized version of the actual cortyceps fungus, with fungal growths growing out the host's head). The theory is more that Ellie sees Joel even after he's killed as a sort of conscience, a product of her grief.
Primum Non Nocere

Hdeath1
Citizen

#4 Post by Hdeath1 »

midnightblink wrote:
First, you should REALLY finish the game. The ending is amazing and you will not regret it. Also, the theory isn't that Joel is infected, that doesn't really make sense with the way they tried to make the infection more realistic (even clickers could be seen as a more dramatisized version of the actual cortyceps fungus, with fungal growths growing out the host's head). The theory is more that Ellie sees Joel even after he's killed as a sort of conscience, a product of her grief.
Makes more sense :D
My DA:http://hdeath1.deviantart.com/gallery/
(please give feedback) :D
New art and char concepts coming soon...

Schrodinger
Worth 1000 Words

#5 Post by Schrodinger »

I passed on the first one, I'll pass on this one too.
What was it the spider said to the fly...