Just a friendly reminder and PSA to all those who may have been interested in a Ubisoft title at this year's E3

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

Just a friendly reminder and PSA to all those who may have been interested in a Ubisoft title at this year's E3

#1 Post by Envy661 »

[video]https://youtu.be/xNter0oEYxc[/video]

I feel like the video title is enough of an explanation, but would like some additional dialog in regards to this.

Do you think it's right that Ubisoft does this?

Do you think it's a big deal?

Did this change your mind about a Ubisoft title this year?

I used to be heavily invested in Splinter Cell, Rainbow Six, and Ghost Recon. None of these titles in the last five years have interested me because of shoddy quality Ubisoft is essentially becoming known for in my eyes. From constant problems with uPlay to.. well... this, my opinion of titles published by Ubisoft has never been lower. I'm not even excited by Assassin's Creed anymore.

All I can say is, Ubisoft, Bravo to you. You turned someone who was a huge fan of all your titles, into a fan of none of them.
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Just a friendly reminder and PSA to all those who may have been interested in a Ubisoft title at this year's E3

#2 Post by Ketzal »

I mean, for me it's all about the gameplay. It sucks if the graphics aren't five-star like they make it out to be, but if the promised game features are mostly intact it's not a dealbreaker

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Just a friendly reminder and PSA to all those who may have been interested in a Ubisoft title at this year's E3

#3 Post by Insomniac »

Okay, yes. The lies and post-E3 downgrades are unacceptable. I did enjoy Watch_Dogs, and I definitely enjoyed Farcry 3 and 4, even more than the first two. What they do is unacceptable. But graphics aren't everything.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Vintage
Certified Fool

#4 Post by Vintage »

For me, it's really a balance between graphics, gameplay and storyline. WD had the advantage of having fairly entertaining gameplay, but the other two were a little lacking. But honestly, by the time the game actually came out I completely forgot what the E3 presentation actually looked like. Ergo I didn't really know what I was missing. At this point, Ubisoft has definitely set a precedent of disappointing graphics for itself. For example - the announcement of WD2 - we're just going to have to take the trailer with a grain of salt. If it weren't for the storyline (like AC) or the gameplay (like WD), I'm pretty sure Ubisoft would've lost a ton of revenue by this point.

WD2 is a game that I hoped would've fixed the mistakes of WD1, but if history repeats itself...
It's almost as if being disappointed is the only thing you should be expecting out of a Ubisoft game.
Image Image
*pssst* Want'a see what happens when I attempt art? (Avatar made by WoofSenpai & NowandLater)

ReBob
Council Member

#5 Post by ReBob »

I enjoyed Farcry 3. I enjoyed Farcry 4. Splinter Cell was one of my first stealth game experiences. Everything else I enjoyed from them came too far back for me to remember what they were clearly, and that's the problem.

I was hyped for Watch Dogs and The Division. I was crushed when I saw what they ended up being. Wildlands is still there, but who knows how well that will turn out in the end? I don't, so I'm keeping myself in check there. There's one problem.

For Honor is my game. And Ubisoft's final chance with me before I relegate them to the same level as Activision. Prototype was the only game I touched from them since who knows how long ago. Capcom used to be there, but RE7 looks interesting. Where was I...

Right, For Honor is one of the top games I've been eyeing since last E3. Only a few titles have me as excited, and I want it to be good. But how can I keep faith when it's in Ubisofts hands? The guy with the beard seems very passionate when he speaks about it, so that's my only solace. He looks to be personally excited for it, which gives me hope.

If it fails, it will be the final Ubisoft title I will ever play. My record with Activision is evidence enough that my words are solid.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.

The Rookie
Grand Templar

#6 Post by The Rookie »

Oh crap, I forgot they were the ones making For Honour.

Please don't mess this up. Please don't mess this up. Please don't mess this up. Please don't mess this up. Please don't mess this up.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

SirSlaughter
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by SirSlaughter »

For the guys defending the graphics being downgraded:

Yeah sure, you're right, Graphics are not everything as has been proven by countless indie titles and such.

However, you basically keep on buying a game from a company that lied to you about the quality of the game. I don't buy Ubisoft titles anymore because of this crap. I don't want them lying to me.
I did not build my PC so i can have gimped games, but I guess since everyone like being treated like garbage, go ahead and keep buying.

Season passes, missing story content, butchered graphics, and gimped mechanics. Go ahead and keep buying.
Now I will say that I did enjoy farcry and watchdogs as well as the bit I played for siege. But I didn't buy any of those. They were free from things like new computer parts and stuff. People like to give me the codes to games that come with the parts I order for them.

Can we please try to show them that we want good games with great quality on all fronts? If you can't handle graphics for any reason, then just tone them down on your own end. If you don't like good looking games for some unkown reason, then buy a CRT monitor and play with VGA connections.

For those with consoles I understand that they can't handle higher end graphics so many times these downgrades are the result of devs understanding they must make sacrifice in order to release a playable and smooth running game. This makes sense, but then if that's the case, Don't show us these pre-rendered "in game footage" trailers when you are just gonna release a [censored] looking downgrade from there.

Before you go on about me spouting off #PCmasterrace Militant Graphics Nazi-ism, I am not. If I were I would bash on the consoles so hard right now, but I am focused on the quality of the games that were shown to us just to be released in an extremely ugly state by comparison.

I just want good games that look good the way they were teased and shown to us if not better.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

#8 Post by Ketzal »

SirSlaughter wrote:For the guys defending the graphics being downgraded:
I don't think anyone's "defending" that. Lying about any part of the game and downgrading it later is [censored] no matter how you spin it. It's just that for some people, that's not going to stop them from trying the game anyway, because let's be honest: Ubisoft can make some fun games. That doesn't excuse them from the [censored] that they pull, but that also means their games can still be worth checking out.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin

#9 Post by Insomniac »

ReBob wrote:I enjoyed Farcry 3. I enjoyed Farcry 4. Splinter Cell was one of my first stealth game experiences. Everything else I enjoyed from them came too far back for me to remember what they were clearly, and that's the problem.

I was hyped for Watch Dogs and The Division. I was crushed when I saw what they ended up being. Wildlands is still there, but who knows how well that will turn out in the end? I don't, so I'm keeping myself in check there. There's one problem.

For Honor is my game. And Ubisoft's final chance with me before I relegate them to the same level as Activision. Prototype was the only game I touched from them since who knows how long ago. Capcom used to be there, but RE7 looks interesting. Where was I...

Right, For Honor is one of the top games I've been eyeing since last E3. Only a few titles have me as excited, and I want it to be good. But how can I keep faith when it's in Ubisofts hands? The guy with the beard seems very passionate when he speaks about it, so that's my only solace. He looks to be personally excited for it, which gives me hope.

If it fails, it will be the final Ubisoft title I will ever play. My record with Activision is evidence enough that my words are solid.
Right, I forgot to mention Splinter Cell. Didn't like the older ones as much as most do because of the controls. HATED Conviction, especially because it made Michael Ironside quit, but I LOVED Blacklist. It improved on the controls over Conviction to make them better than they've ever been.

Back on point though, yeah. Nobody would defend the bs and lies.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.