Detroit: Becoming Human

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

The Rookie
Grand Templar

Detroit: Becoming Human

#1 Post by The Rookie »

It's games like this that make me regret not having got a PlayStation.

I already feel invested in the game's premise of self aware AI.

[video]https://youtu.be/Pelrr__9qx8[/video]

And I've also enjoyed this style of game play in other games when it's done right.

[video]https://youtu.be/QD1pbWCJcKQ[/video]
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ketzal
Templar GrandMaster

Re: Detroit: Becoming Human

#2 Post by Ketzal »

I mean, it looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm not really sure why it needs to be about androids. That second video could've just went down with all of them being normal humans.

But what do I know, this is probably going to be a virtual Asimov novel and go into the whole "robots are people too" story. Hope it's made well, because I'm intrigued.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Insomniac »

This looks sprunking amazing! God, I have GOT to get a PS4...
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

minime
Templar GrandMaster

#4 Post by minime »

Fubar de Lizzy wrote:I mean, it looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm not really sure why it needs to be about androids. That second video could've just went down with all of them being normal humans.

But what do I know, this is probably going to be a virtual Asimov novel and go into the whole "robots are people too" story. Hope it's made well, because I'm intrigued.
They used androids because the one in the video is the guy you'll play, and it ment to show how androids are treated, they're treated as less than humans and showing how some don't want to be treated as just slave for humans.

TinyVoices
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

#5 Post by TinyVoices »

But how much free will will the player honestly have? We've been teased with this kind of game before, and it never turned out well...

Call me cynical, but I don't think they'll do this game justice.
Fubar de Lizzy wrote:but I'm not really sure why it needs to be about androids.
Eventually humanity will need to deal with this kind of an idea. We've had movies and novels written about it for over a century now, but with AI finally becoming smarter than man in the most complex of way, it might just as well be in our lifetime. A machine going "rogue" and killing out of desperation to know what the hell he is might become a thing. It isn't hard to see why it should be two androids in the second vid.

Though, if anything, it could have worked for any combination. Distraught human not wanting the world to go that way, so a human negotiator has to talk him through it. (Would talk through the concept of humans reacting to all of this) Distraught human with an android negotiator. (Humans gaining the trust of androids, and/or android does title name drop) Confused android with human negotiator. (Bit of both of those first two in there, combined.) Story wise, they have a lot to work with. But I still feel like they'll flop. Or the game mechanics will be too wonky or too overwhelming to be able to enjoy it all.

kiabugboy
Templar GrandMaster

#6 Post by kiabugboy »

minime wrote:
Fubar de Lizzy wrote:I mean, it looks like it could be a lot of fun, but I'm not really sure why it needs to be about androids. That second video could've just went down with all of them being normal humans.

They used androids because the one in the video is the guy you'll play, and it ment to show how androids are treated, they're treated as less than humans and showing how some don't want to be treated as just slave for humans.
interesting to think what we should do if this happens in real life. When the whole world has become dependent on androids and at some point all of them started to become aware and demand equal treatments, refusing to do the jobs they were programmed to do, etc

ReBob
Council Member

#7 Post by ReBob »

Until Dawn makes me skeptical, but Quantan Dream makes me hopeful. One of the titles I'll be keeping an eye on, I hope they do it right. If the detective segments (or so they look) take anything from LA Noire's playbook, I'm sure the gameplay will be tight.
Image Image
Image Image
I make banners. Want one?
Rest in Peace, Satoru Iwata.