Prey

For all your seizure inducing goodness!

Moderator: JediGuy

Grand Templar

Prey

#1 Post by The Rookie » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:09 am

Oh it's E3 again, I love E3! So much hype for new IPs!

First on my watch list is this new Prey game coming from Bethesda.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q38yi0NmAm0[/video]

At first I was sort of irritated that this game existing is the final definitive nail in the coffin for Prey 2, but now that I've had a chance to see this, damn I'm excited to see how it turns out.

(Oh, for some reason the thing that stood out the most in this trailer for me was just how damn realistic that coffee looks... I literally had to go get some after seeing this :roll: )
Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Council Member

Re: Prey

#2 Post by Blazeofspikes » Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 am

I vaguely remember the game prey due to the weird premise of the main character having native American Indian heritage powers to fight aliens. This new Prey game doesn't seem like it resembles the first game in anyway so far but other then that it looks pretty neat.

I guess I will have to wait for the actual gameplay trailers to see how the game actually plays out because I am assuming this is all concept smoke and mirrors then actual gameplay similar to the initial Bioshock infinite trailer in which Booker Dewitt fights a angry mob of Christians who is lead by a pastor and the floating cities seemed like they actually moved a little bit.

Worth 1000 Words

#3 Post by Schrodinger » Mon May 01, 2017 10:26 am

Now four days out from release and I just can't bring myself to give a flying crap about this new offering.

I'll give the demo a decent shot but I won't be buying the full release in the foreseeable future.
What was it the spider said to the fly...

Templar Master

#4 Post by Tekros » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:07 pm

Prey was/is on sale for 30$ on Steam recently, so I purchased it. I'll be giving it a shot tonight to see how it is. All I managed to accomplish on it before work was destroying the house, eating all of his sun dried tomato jerky, chucking his underwear in the sink, and whipping the tv remotes at his tv. Oh and I broke every cup the guy owns. I haven't even put the damn suit on yet, and I can tell you this game is really promising so far.

Edit: Ok so I played it for a few hours last night and all I can say is
Spoiler!
wow... the scare aspect to this game is absolutely phenomenal. I wouldn't go so far as to call it horror but it definitely takes a turn you would 't expect.
Everything starts off all nice and peacefully, and quickly gets dark and messed up. It turns out nothing is what you thought it was. I absolutely did not see that coming. Drinking fountains will become your best friends, and chairs your worst nightmare, come to think of it, anything you can pick up and throw really, some even heavier objects like stereos and couches. The combat is well developed and quick-pace, and actually requires you to plan out your attacks. I've honestly spent more time running than I have fighting as I quickly discovered that it's oftentimes a better strategy than fighting. One thing I love about this game so far is that once you clear an area, it stays cleared, so you don't have to worry about enemies coming back to specific locations. Now if you missed one or two or ten that's your fault. Using your environment oftentimes is a great strategy. This game gets a well deserved thumbs up from me so far, another well developed Bethesday Softworks game.
Active musician for Twokinds Online.

My musical compositions can be found here.

https://soundcloud.com/dovahsound